Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760122 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #5805 on: September 19, 2016, 12:33:20 pm »
Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/09/red-hot-chili-peppers-announce-2017-north-american-tour/
Two days are open before Philly and two days are open between Philly and NYC...
I co-sign this; I also am in favor of Seth killing the RHCP on their day off.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #5806 on: September 19, 2016, 12:45:54 pm »
wow no DC date for RHCP?

I think there is a lot of RHCP backlash... the new album is amazing though..

Space Freely

« Reply #5807 on: September 22, 2016, 09:06:09 am »
Hey Seth, Drive By Truckers are touring a new album, and they're NOT playing the 9:30 Club?

bearman🐻

« Reply #5808 on: September 22, 2016, 11:40:25 am »
Thank you for Lush. So wonderful to see them again.

« Reply #5809 on: September 22, 2016, 01:20:06 pm »
I wish I had seen you were going as you're one of the few regulars I've not met (my list of "I don't am any to associate with this person" people aside).

I had never seen them before and second that it was a great show. Perfect crowd amount to feel full yet not uncomfortable.

Between television, lush, and teenage Fanclub I will be at 9:30 the most times in a relatively short period that I have probably in five years. I must be having a midlife crisis or something.
LVMH

saintangelsin

« Reply #5810 on: September 23, 2016, 12:51:23 pm »
I wish I had seen you were going as you're one of the few regulars I've not met (my list of "I don't am any to associate with this person" people aside).

I had never seen them before and second that it was a great show. Perfect crowd amount to feel full yet not uncomfortable.

Between television, lush, and teenage Fanclub I will be at 9:30 the most times in a relatively short period that I have probably in five years. I must be having a midlife crisis or something.

Nice to know that you were there too. I got there super late (like I missed the first two songs in the set late) so it's not like I could've said hello to anyone.

Anyhow, I agree with you about the show. I also am feeling a strong ditto to what bearman said. Super huge thanks to Seth for getting Lush!

I'm leaning towards the "or something" option. I doubt you're old enough for a midlife crisis, but then again maybe you're older than I had realized. I'm hoping to be back at the club this coming Wednesday for the Buzzcocks. Pretty sure it'll be the first time in many years since I went back to the club this quickly.

bearman🐻

« Reply #5811 on: September 23, 2016, 09:01:57 pm »

Sorry I missed you. It would have been cool to meet, and I had one of those nights that makes me love the 9:30 even more because we are SO lucky to have a venue that bands love to perform in. Justin (the drummer) said it was the one venue that he was so genuinely excited to come back to because it's one of his favorites.  I think Lush is a very special band, and Miki is one of the most awesome people I've met. Funny and sweet and kind and beautiful and just a really authentic and decent soul. I think it comes through in her music. I'm so happy the audience gave them so much love, it was palpable and they deserved it. I've been on a bit of an adrenaline rush the last few days because of the show...wonderful times, and the 9:30 is the site of many incredible memories I've made. Thank you Seth and everyone from the 9:30 that makes these shows happen.

Bagley

« Reply #5812 on: September 27, 2016, 12:40:57 pm »
Conor Oberst

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5813 on: September 27, 2016, 02:08:18 pm »
Semisonic! They are reforming to play "the great divide" at least in Minneapolis..
T.Rex

walkie,talkie

« Reply #5814 on: October 05, 2016, 01:57:33 pm »
I just wanted to say a big thank you to Seth for allowing this forum to exist. And yes, you are still sexy as all hell.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5815 on: October 18, 2016, 09:38:24 pm »
Bob Weir, yes?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #5816 on: October 19, 2016, 12:15:09 am »

Yada

« Reply #5817 on: October 19, 2016, 07:42:38 am »
Bob Weir, yes?

Yes, please.

Pretty sure DC missed the boat with that tour...in other news.

Phish set last night

SET 1: Chalk Dust Torture, Blaze On, Ghost, Lawn Boy, Halley's Comet > Sand, Tide Turns, 46 Days > Breath and Burning, Limb By Limb > Cavern, Also Sprach Zarathustra

SET 2: Julius, Fuego > My Friend, My Friend, Samson and Delilah[1], Twist[2], Miss You[3], West L.A. Fadeaway[3], Playing in the Band[4]

ENCORE: Quinn the Eskimo

[1] Phish debut; Bob Weir on guitar and vocals.
[2] Bob Weir on guitar.
[3] Bob Weir on guitar and vocals.
[4] Phish debut; Bob Weir on guitar.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #5818 on: October 19, 2016, 08:56:44 am »
Already listened to the entire show. Go, Bobby, go!

FUCK, yeah!

« Reply #5819 on: October 21, 2016, 11:50:46 am »
American Football just announced they'll be booking more shows soon. C'mon, man.
LVMH