Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760401 times)

Kemosabe

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #6045 on: July 14, 2017, 09:42:07 am »
Out of the 1,200 people at an average sold out 930 Club show, how many people do you think actually checked for the set times on this site?  1%?  5%?  I am guessing the number is not even that high.  I get why it is important to a lot of people on here, but damn you guys sound like entitled crybabies.  And some of you older folks act like millenials are the entitled ones...  I am sure Seth has heard your reasons and is taking them into consideration.  But, come on, page after page of explaining to him why it is important?  Pages of questioning his business practices?  I probably go to way more shows than most people here, and I have a super busy life, and somehow I am able to figure out all of the shows in regards to set times; either by asking on Facebook event pages, or by figuring them out by the information given to me (number of bands, door time, show start time from websites).  It is not hard to do.  If you are so worried about planning out your shows, then what good is getting the set times the day of the show?  They help you for that day, but if you really need to plan your night, you probably would need the info earlier than day of the show.  Why is it so hard to ask Eddie on the FAQ board?  He always has a good answer, and usually responds the same day.  At the very least he gives you the time that the first band plays.  Asking him seems to be a better way to see if you can actually attend the show than if you get the set times given to you on this website the day of the show.  And what about other venues that do not post them?  Do you whine about that?  Avoid going to non-IMP shows?

hutch

« Reply #6046 on: July 14, 2017, 09:48:24 am »
^the village idiot

Nobody is whining or questioning Seth's biz...and nobody is saying they will stop going to IMP shows...

The only one whining is YOU

Kemosabe

« Reply #6047 on: July 14, 2017, 09:54:06 am »
LMAO sure thing buddy

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6048 on: July 14, 2017, 09:57:34 am »
Kemosabe has reminded us that the name does not mean "he who knows nothing", but rather "trusted scout".

hutch

« Reply #6049 on: July 14, 2017, 10:04:12 am »
He who knows nothing wishes to tell us we are whining for answering a question about set times perhaps no longer being listed.....then proceeds to whine about it....

Kemosabe

« Reply #6050 on: July 14, 2017, 10:19:04 am »
Kemosabe has reminded us that the name does not mean "he who knows nothing", but rather "trusted scout".
Or faithful friend...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6051 on: July 14, 2017, 11:14:50 am »
But, come on, page after page of explaining to him why it is important?  Pages of questioning his business practices?
He specifically asked.
LVMH

Kemosabe

« Reply #6052 on: July 14, 2017, 11:25:49 am »
Are you sure he didn't ask a rhetorical question?

Or that he was being sarcastic and really doesn't care?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:28:34 am by Kemosabe »

« Reply #6053 on: July 14, 2017, 12:04:49 pm »
Are you sure he didn't ask a rhetorical question?

Or that he was being sarcastic and really doesn't care?
To be fair, those are valid possibilities. That said, he's been here long enough to know the consequences of throwing some chum into shark-infested waters.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #6054 on: July 14, 2017, 03:29:48 pm »
I've been on the board long enough to know that Seth likes three things:

(1) Making Money
(2) His family
(3) Music

Possibly in that order.
27>34

« Reply #6055 on: July 14, 2017, 03:36:06 pm »
I believe he expressed an affinity for steak once.
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6056 on: July 14, 2017, 04:56:02 pm »
I've been on the board long enough to know that Seth likes three things:

(1) Making Money
(2) His family
(3) Music

Possibly in that order.

(3.1) Drumming
(3.11) Schmoozing with the stars
😐 🎶

herman otto

« Reply #6057 on: July 14, 2017, 05:31:08 pm »
4.  Avoiding me, calling him hot and Internet hitting on him.

herman otto

« Reply #6058 on: July 14, 2017, 05:38:45 pm »
Out of the 1,200 people at an average sold out 930 Club show, how many people do you think actually checked for the set times on this site?  1%?  5%?  I am guessing the number is not even that high.  I get why it is important to a lot of people on here, but damn you guys sound like entitled crybabies.  And some of you older folks act like millenials are the entitled ones...  I am sure Seth has heard your reasons and is taking them into consideration.  But, come on, page after page of explaining to him why it is important?  Pages of questioning his business practices?  I probably go to way more shows than most people here, and I have a super busy life, and somehow I am able to figure out all of the shows in regards to set times; either by asking on Facebook event pages, or by figuring them out by the information given to me (number of bands, door time, show start time from websites).  It is not hard to do.  If you are so worried about planning out your shows, then what good is getting the set times the day of the show?  They help you for that day, but if you really need to plan your night, you probably would need the info earlier than day of the show.  Why is it so hard to ask Eddie on the FAQ board?  He always has a good answer, and usually responds the same day.  At the very least he gives you the time that the first band plays.  Asking him seems to be a better way to see if you can actually attend the show than if you get the set times given to you on this website the day of the show.  And what about other venues that do not post them?  Do you whine about that?  Avoid going to non-IMP shows?

I, agree, with a lot of this . . . but I like Widespread Panic, so what do I know.

hutch

« Reply #6059 on: July 15, 2017, 08:57:39 am »
Well you live in West Virginia so I doubt set times make a difference...

Basically set times come in handy for many but not all.

We now await our leader......