Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1750140 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #6180 on: October 03, 2017, 10:38:34 am »
The more I think about this, the more annoyed I get simply because the excuses Seth gave weren't really valid reasons,

Seth really doesn't have a leg to stand on regarding this argument.

As per usual, the new, up-to-date opinion of this board consists of "things Julian has been saying for a decade plus."
LVMH

blipvurt

« Reply #6181 on: October 03, 2017, 10:49:53 am »
Hey Seth - you might want to ask your IT guys to make sure The Anthem and IMP website's security certificates and stuff are up to date. My browser at work threw up a "open to hackers" warning when I went to both sites and my employer just blocked your IP from our computers as a security risk. Looks like 9:30 Club site is fine though.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6182 on: October 03, 2017, 10:59:00 am »
Security certificate expired 9/30. Hm.

« Reply #6183 on: October 03, 2017, 12:30:45 pm »
Hey Seth - you might want to ask your IT guys to make sure The Anthem and IMP website's security certificates and stuff are up to date. My browser at work threw up a "open to hackers" warning when I went to both sites and my employer just blocked your IP from our computers as a security risk. Looks like 9:30 Club site is fine though.
He went with an IT vendor that cannot figure out how to make daily text updates to a website; security certificates are way beyond the pale.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #6184 on: October 03, 2017, 06:43:46 pm »
Thanks for the mudcrutch show last year.  I had always wanted to see tom petty in a club...the 930...little did i know he would die so soon after..i remember that night thinking how healthy he looked...you just never know....

That has to be one of the few such small shows petty played the past few decades

TheREALHunter

« Reply #6185 on: October 04, 2017, 12:13:20 pm »
The Jesus Lizard in December?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6186 on: October 04, 2017, 01:36:40 pm »
FWIW, I missed most of Alison Moyet at 930 because I didn't check the posted set times.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6187 on: October 04, 2017, 09:11:34 pm »
Hey Seth -

Some of the parking garages in the area around Anthem close at Midnight. I there any assurance that foos 10/12 will be over in time for folks to get out and walk 10 mins or so to such lots?

« Reply #6188 on: October 04, 2017, 09:23:53 pm »
Hey Seth -

Some of the parking garages in the area around Anthem close at Midnight. I there any assurance that foos 10/12 will be over in time for folks to get out and walk 10 mins or so to such lots?
You don’t need to know when bands start and end.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #6189 on: October 04, 2017, 09:34:26 pm »
So do we want concerts to be like movies or Broadway shows with start and end times??

Anyone who has seen the Foos knows they can play a one hour encore...I would hate for a venue or its patrons to condition bands...leave that to the outdoor venues with their curfews demanded by the neighbors which are a great excuse to put on a short show...

Unsanity

« Reply #6190 on: October 05, 2017, 05:03:31 am »
The Jesus Lizard in December?

Let's make this happen people!

Space Freely

« Reply #6191 on: October 05, 2017, 07:46:26 am »
So do we want concerts to be like movies or Broadway shows with start and end times??

Anyone who has seen the Foos knows they can play a one hour encore...I would hate for a venue or its patrons to condition bands...leave that to the outdoor venues with their curfews demanded by the neighbors which are a great excuse to put on a short show...

There aren't set times for movies. Instead, they make you sit through 20 mins of previews for movies you have your interest in are playing so you can get your pregame on with overpriced popcorn and $5 plastic bottles of water. Unless you were smart enough to byo.

koshmar

« Reply #6192 on: October 06, 2017, 08:01:40 am »
Ok, I've been whining about the set times as much as anyone.

But....

We went to see needtobreathe last night at the 930.  The whole experience was great.  Door people were super nice, it took 45 seconds to get through security (which is necessary), the cupcakes were large and tasty, and the vibe was so positive. 

With the Doors at 6 and the Show at 7, it wasn't too hard to figure out that the headliner would come on at 8 or 8:15.

Also, big fan of these earlier shows, and I'm guessing it was because there were going to be a fair number of kids there. 

So, I continue to think it's really nice to have the posted set times, but it probably isn't a big of a deal as I thought it was.

« Reply #6193 on: October 06, 2017, 12:30:18 pm »
He went with an IT vendor that cannot figure out how to make daily text updates to a website; security certificates are way beyond the pale.

Hey Seth...I know Julian is quite the blowhard on most issues

But I got to back him up on this...today the website is still saying "NOT SECURE>>>>GO AWAY"

You probably don't notice it because you already clicked the "I trust this site'  but first time visitors don't get that
they get some scary page that says not to go here

your webteam sucks balls if they don't know how to fix that
I know where you can get some top notch IT support if you throw those guys to the curb
that is an inexcusable offense and grounds for firing anyone who is managing your web site
slack

hemisphire

« Reply #6194 on: October 06, 2017, 02:22:21 pm »
Ok, I've been whining about the set times as much as anyone.

But....

We went to see needtobreathe last night at the 930.  The whole experience was great.  Door people were super nice, it took 45 seconds to get through security (which is necessary), the cupcakes were large and tasty, and the vibe was so positive. 

With the Doors at 6 and the Show at 7, it wasn't too hard to figure out that the headliner would come on at 8 or 8:15.

Also, big fan of these earlier shows, and I'm guessing it was because there were going to be a fair number of kids there. 

So, I continue to think it's really nice to have the posted set times, but it probably isn't a big of a deal as I thought it was.

OTOH, I was thinking of going to a show to a venue about 30 minutes away on Wednesday at 9PM, but couldn't figure out if I'd see enough of the headliner to make it worth the trip and passed.