Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1749619 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #6255 on: January 01, 2018, 09:21:08 pm »
Hey Seth!

Happy New Year!

Thanks for finally booking Thievery Corporation on New Years Eve.

The show was fucking great. And the triple bill of Trouble Funk, Gogol Bordello and them was brilliant.

Best New Year's I've had in years.

Hey thanks...that’s really nice to hear

Means a lot

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #6256 on: January 01, 2018, 10:38:39 pm »
is the dead milkmen show selling ok?  good?  horrible?  my love of them, has no bounds and it is awesome that they are playing the club and not u hall, like last time . . . though that show fucking destroyed.  thank you, for having them.

They played the club 2 years ago, which was a solid fucking show and I think sold out! My band Ego Likeness opened for them as main support, annnnnd now my other band Mindless Faith is opening up for them on Friday!

Awesome!!  Then, I will make sure to get there for the opening act. Hoping to meet anybody that plans on going.  Of course, I will be in a drag queen t shirt, because I never know whether it's couth to actually wear a band shirt to a show of the band that you were seeing, even though I have some obscure killer Dead Milkmen t-shirts.

Here's the thing

« Reply #6257 on: January 04, 2018, 12:10:22 am »
Hey Seth,

Happy New Year!
I would love to relive that Stray Cats show from the Warner in 82. Would be a really fun show at the club.

hutch

« Reply #6258 on: January 04, 2018, 10:12:47 am »
Wow I was just thinking about the Stray Cats also when I saw announcement they are playing their first show in almost ten years in Vegas...my thinking is always that it must be hard for Setzer to make it work unless he leaves money on table cause his solo or orchestra shows always do well...but yeah the short set at Jack Fest in Baltimore was a treat!

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #6259 on: January 04, 2018, 02:39:39 pm »
is the dead milkmen show selling ok?  good?  horrible?  my love of them, has no bounds and it is awesome that they are playing the club and not u hall, like last time . . . though that show fucking destroyed.  thank you, for having them.

They played the club 2 years ago, which was a solid fucking show and I think sold out! My band Ego Likeness opened for them as main support, annnnnd now my other band Mindless Faith is opening up for them on Friday!

Awesome!!  Then, I will make sure to get there for the opening act. Hoping to meet anybody that plans on going.  Of course, I will be in a drag queen t shirt, because I never know whether it's couth to actually wear a band shirt to a show of the band that you were seeing, even though I have some obscure killer Dead Milkmen t-shirts.

god, I hate to ask this, because I don't care about the showtime thing . . . but do you know about what time your band starts after doors open, so I can make sure to be there to scream support?  I am coming in to the city later than I want to, and gurl, I gotta eat first!

Yada

« Reply #6260 on: January 08, 2018, 03:18:43 pm »
Trey Anastasio Band

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #6261 on: January 08, 2018, 03:21:14 pm »
Trey Anastasio Band

+ five, as in high, five.

Yada

« Reply #6262 on: January 16, 2018, 12:29:45 pm »
M. Ward

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #6263 on: January 16, 2018, 12:42:19 pm »
ultra nate and inaya day.

yaaasss, queen, yaaasss!

K8teebug

« Reply #6264 on: January 16, 2018, 03:13:48 pm »
Thanks for the David Byrne date!

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #6265 on: January 16, 2018, 03:45:35 pm »
Hell yeah re: Byrne

Now GBV and Ty Segall pls

analogfossa

« Reply #6266 on: January 16, 2018, 05:48:42 pm »
Since he couldn't play Day for Night and will be back in the US in March, could we get a U street or clubdate for GAS?

Thanks Seth!!

DotTheEyes

« Reply #6267 on: January 16, 2018, 05:54:21 pm »
I would love to see Editors at the club (or maybe the Lincoln Theatre) in May.  They were scheduled to play the club on their last North American tour, but the entire leg was canceled.

Their 2018 East Coast itinerary:

May 15 - Irving Plaza - New York
May 16 - Paradise Rock Club - Boston
May 17 - Theatre of Living Arts - Philadelphia

medeski7

« Reply #6268 on: January 22, 2018, 10:02:50 pm »
Hey Seth, Slayer just announced they're doing one final tour (sure, right).  How about Slayer at The Anthem? 

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #6269 on: January 29, 2018, 02:16:42 pm »
Misfits playing Newark on 5/19

Let’s get them down to the Anthem while Glenn’s back east!