Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1750000 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #6405 on: March 28, 2019, 05:29:32 pm »
jules will certainly add at least 2 mixed drinks to the haul.  i can think of at least 2 other folks who would be there, so we're up to:
8 tix
8 beers (4 more for the two additional people mentioned above)
2 t-shirts
2 mixed drinks

this has "put my kids through college" written all over it.

To clarify. I will buy an artisnal concert lithograph, a t-shirt, and 2 stickers.

what if they only have non-craft, macro-lithographs?

answer carefully here...

I will still purchase such, but only if signed by the band.

fan engagement - WE NOW HAVE IT ALL!!!

seth, "no" is no longer an option. 
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6406 on: March 28, 2019, 07:14:07 pm »
Wow if only you guys had this much enthusiasm for a James show... Whose latest album is killer and I bet some of the songs are amazing live...
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6407 on: March 28, 2019, 07:41:23 pm »
i've seen james live, and it's an excellent show... but it ain't no hives.
<sig>

Here's the thing

« Reply #6408 on: March 28, 2019, 07:41:41 pm »
Never mind. I got a good spot.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:39:34 pm by Here's the thing »

koshmar

« Reply #6409 on: March 29, 2019, 08:19:40 am »
FWIW, I'm in favor of a JAMES show.  If it's at the Anthem, I will buy one $5 Happy Hour beer.  If it's at the Club, I'll buy a cupcake. 

bearman🐻

« Reply #6410 on: March 29, 2019, 10:16:27 am »
A random observation, and this is by no means a criticism. I saw Jawbreaker at Anthem last night (which one could argue could have been a fairly quick sellout at the 9:30), and I'm guessing there was about maybe 1500 folks there max? Not a bad crowd, but it was interesting how when Jawbreaker came out, the sheer size of the venue took the band a bit by surprise. It was at least a 3 songs before everyone sort of got over feeling dwarfed (audience included), and then it started to feel more fun. If it had been at the 9:30, I think the energy would have been more immediate from the get-go. It turned into a great show, and sounded wonderful...the band found their way to fill the venue up with sound (as did War on Women, who were amazing). Change is never easy, and I love that you can get a big band (say the Black Keys) to come do a show there instead of in an arena, but I hope that next time Jawbreaker comes around (here's hoping) you won't shy away from putting them at the 9:30. Some bands just genuinely connect better with fans in more intimate venues. But as a businessman, I get it. You have to turn the lights on to pay the bills.

Relaxer

« Reply #6411 on: March 29, 2019, 10:21:55 am »
I'm still amazed that Tallest Man on Earth warrants an Anthem show. Clearly I know nothing, but if you'd asked me which venue was hosting the Tallest Man on Earth, I would've guessed the Hotel or BC. I had no idea there was such a demand for this guy.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6412 on: March 29, 2019, 10:43:46 am »
A random observation, and this is by no means a criticism. I saw Jawbreaker at Anthem last night (which one could argue could have been a fairly quick sellout at the 9:30), and I'm guessing there was about maybe 1500 folks there max? Not a bad crowd, but it was interesting how when Jawbreaker came out, the sheer size of the venue took the band a bit by surprise. It was at least a 3 songs before everyone sort of got over feeling dwarfed (audience included), and then it started to feel more fun. If it had been at the 9:30, I think the energy would have been more immediate from the get-go. It turned into a great show, and sounded wonderful...the band found their way to fill the venue up with sound (as did War on Women, who were amazing). Change is never easy, and I love that you can get a big band (say the Black Keys) to come do a show there instead of in an arena, but I hope that next time Jawbreaker comes around (here's hoping) you won't shy away from putting them at the 9:30. Some bands just genuinely connect better with fans in more intimate venues. But as a businessman, I get it. You have to turn the lights on to pay the bills.
Hoping this is better tonite at The NorVa (which actually also isn't sold out).
LVMH

« Reply #6413 on: March 29, 2019, 10:45:32 am »
I'm still amazed that Tallest Man on Earth warrants an Anthem show. Clearly I know nothing, but if you'd asked me which venue was hosting the Tallest Man on Earth, I would've guessed the Hotel or BC. I had no idea there was such a demand for this guy.
I think I said this in another thread but between now and then, he has a show in Charlottesville in a 500 person venue that has been on sale for months and still is not sold out. I similarly was very flummoxed how, even at the smallest stage configuration, the Anthem booking makes any sense but not my problem, so . . .
LVMH

« Reply #6414 on: March 29, 2019, 10:48:53 am »
I think I said this in another thread but between now and then, he has a show in Charlottesville in a 500 person venue that has been on sale for months and still is not sold out. I similarly was very flummoxed how, even at the smallest stage configuration, the Anthem booking makes any sense but not my problem, so . . .
I'm telling you guys...there is a massive secret Swedish gathering that culminates at this Anthem show
I don't know if goats blood is involved, but I'd stay away from the wharf that night
slack

« Reply #6415 on: March 29, 2019, 10:56:05 am »
I don't know if goats blood is involved, but I'd stay away from the wharf that night
Let me know if you need help scotchguarding the yacht. I know a guy.
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6416 on: March 29, 2019, 11:55:09 am »
He did play sold out shows at Lincoln at least twice?  930 is clearly too small for him.

I mean, he doesn't have to sell out Anthem but I'm sure he can draw about 3,000 easily. 

(_|_)

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6417 on: March 29, 2019, 12:20:04 pm »

I think that there were at least 2855 people at Jawbreaker, Bear. I think that the floor at the Anthem probably holds at least 3 930club crowds. Would love for Seth to confirm attendance in this thread along with the news of the Hives show.

The crowd did seem very low energy, and me and Vas were definitely contributing to that lack of oomph. Tired. Old.

That said, I did really enjoy the breakers, and the women, and Pogoh as well. And I was #blessed with free tickets.

Also, spending wise: Vas bought 2 ginger ales and a Wharffle. I bought the show poster.

bearman🐻

« Reply #6418 on: March 29, 2019, 12:23:48 pm »

I think that there were at least 2855 people at Jawbreaker, Bear. I think that the floor at the Anthem probably holds at least 3 930club crowds. Would love for Seth to confirm attendance in this thread along with the news of the Hives show.

Interesting...I think presale wasn't much more than 1500, and it didn't seem like there was that many more folks...the stage was definitely moved forward last night. I was just curious. If it was that many in attendance, then I'm happy for the band that they could draw that many people. I didn't expect it.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6419 on: March 29, 2019, 05:35:18 pm »
It definitely looked more like 3000 people if you were looking down from the super seats....not bad.

(_|_)