Author Topic: Decemberists  (Read 16752 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Decemberists
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2005, 11:18:00 am »
this girl last night at the ben folds right next to the food stand had the shrillest voice i've ever heard ... i could hear her above EVERYTHING through the first 5 songs or so

then this asshole couple barges their way though (a sold out crowd) to get closer, and precedes to take pictures of themselves (5!!!), with the flash of course on and pointing back towards everyone.  fucking idiots.
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2005, 11:20:00 am »
you should have grabbed them, i'll bet the bounty put on them after the DAR Wilco shows still stands...
T.Rex

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2005, 11:43:00 am »
K8 - Moen is your cousin?  He was really good on Friday.

I'm a big fan of Malkmus and the Jicks and Moen was great in that band, too.

K8teebug

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2005, 11:49:00 am »
JohnnyBaconbitz...yeah, John Mohen is my cousin. He's a really nice person (and a good drummer).  The decemberists asked him to play with them on this tour b/c they were sans drummer.

Yes, there were definitely alot of people talking at this show too.  here's my conversation with the jocks standing next to me drinking Miller Lite and talking through the first 5 songs...

me: Can you please shut up?

them:  Oh, I'm sorry....no I'm not.

me;  If you want to talk, you should go stand in the back.

Them:  If you want to hear, you should go stand in the front.

What a bunch of pricks.

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2005, 12:10:00 pm »
K8 - Moen is your cousin?  He was really good on Friday.

I'm a big fan of Malkmus and the Jicks and Moen was great in that band, too.

Darth Ed

« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2005, 03:49:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  If I was blocking Darth Ed's view, then that would mean Darth Ed was that fucking assclown who wouldn't shut up for more than three seconds at a time.
No, that wasn't me, I assure you, but I was standing a couple people to the left and slightly in front of that guy.  I was there by myself and didn't say a word to anyone in the club all night, except a bartender and the door staph. My thanks to the woman (chimbly sweep? Markie?) who told that assclown to shut up twice, by the way. You're my hero.

Edit: Actually, maybe we're talking about different talkative assclowns. I'm referring to the assclown who was drinking beer and talking during every quiet song. He didn't have a girlfriend. (His friend did though, but she left about half way through because she couldn't see anything.) I think he was wearing a ballcap, but I'm not sure. I was trying my best to completely ignore him, so I never got a good look. You might be wondering why I know so much about this assclown then. It's because he talked a lot and very loudly.

ASSCLOWN (loud voice): This is probably my least favorite Decemberists song. I mean, of all their songs, I like this one the least!

WOMAN: Will you shut the f*ck up?

ASSCLOWN: Huh?

ASSCLOWN'S FRIEND: Dude, chill out.

ASSCLOWN: What?

ASSCLOWN'S FRIEND: Dude, *chill* *out*.