Author Topic: Decemberists  (Read 16994 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Decemberists
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2005, 02:38:00 pm »
most definitely... any guesses on setlists?  i hope i hear 'apology song' for the third time =)
(o|o)

jkeisenh

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2005, 02:38:00 pm »
me.  and half the people i know.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2005, 02:41:00 pm »
oops...

pm me if you are coming to the show and want to meetup..
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2005, 02:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
 And no pestering of the DJ will be allowed.
Are you DJ-ing?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2005, 02:50:00 pm »
i'll be there
o/\o

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2005, 02:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
 And no pestering of the DJ will be allowed.
Are you DJ-ing? [/b]
nope not this one...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »
it's friday and traffic gonna be horrid, so it might take me awhile to get back to PMs hopefully before 5pm...  if you are still interested in finding out about the tonights meeting point...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2005, 04:32:00 pm »
i'm back on pm for awhile
T.Rex

dyssocial

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2005, 04:38:00 pm »
I'm going! I think there's a mini horde of Maryland radio people going, too. Heh.

lily1

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2005, 07:13:00 pm »
boy and i will be there. we're headed to chi cha around 8.30-9ish for a light dinner and a drink or two, should you wish to join us. :)

pip

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2005, 07:46:00 pm »
I just secured a ticket for myself so I'll be there too.

Darth Ed

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2005, 05:56:00 pm »
So how'd everyone like the show? It wasn't my favorite Decemberists show, but I really enjoyed myself. It looked like Colin and friends were having a lot of fun on stage! Was it just me or did they play mostly Picaresque material? (Anyone have the set list? Please post it if you do.) I overheard a few grumblings from different parties regarding the set list and how short the show seemed on the walk back to the Metro after the show. I certainly wanted more songs. A second encore and I would have been in heaven....

Bags

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2005, 06:06:00 pm »
I'm with you 100% Darth.  I've seen them four times, and this was my least favorite show.  That said, I still had a great time.  And luckily for me, I LOVE Picaresque, but also thought with three albums and a few EPs under their belts, they could have played for longer than 75 minutes.  Especially as having Petra Haden with them really adds a new dynamic to the group, so more from them on their 'classics' would have been great.

A good show and a great Friday night activity, though.  And for a sold out show, the crowd didn't seem unbearable (did anyone else notice this was a 'short' show, as in the audience was shorter than, say, the Queens of the Stone Age - I couldn't see anything during that show!  I think it's the higher percentage of men at QOTSA...).

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2005, 06:43:00 pm »
same feelings as both of you two, before the show started my girlfriend and i were talking about how we might not see some of our favorites like 'red right ankle' and 'apology song', it felt weird not to see 'july, july' and a couple other big older songs ... they just have too much material now, especially with a short set

that said, they're one of my favorite bands and it was a lot of fun ... good meeting you kosmo, thanks for the choice spot ...
(o|o)

Darth Ed

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2005, 06:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I'm with you 100% Darth.  I've seen them four times, and this was my least favorite show.  That said, I still had a great time.  And luckily for me, I LOVE Picaresque, but also thought with three albums and a few EPs under their belts, they could have played for longer than 75 minutes.  Especially as having Petra Haden with them really adds a new dynamic to the group, so more from them on their 'classics' would have been great.

A good show and a great Friday night activity, though.  And for a sold out show, the crowd didn't seem unbearable (did anyone else notice this was a 'short' show, as in the audience was shorter than, say, the Queens of the Stone Age - I couldn't see anything during that show!  I think it's the higher percentage of men at QOTSA...).
Yeah, I love Picaresque too and was really looking forward to hearing the new album live, so no complaints about the set list from me. If I hadn't been familiar with Picaresque though, I might feel otherwise.

Well, I'm glad you had a good view of the stage, Bags, but I spent most of the night straining to see around this 6'6" Wookiee on the left side, about a third of the way back from the stage. He was like head and shoulders above everyone else though, so I think you're right about the average height.