Author Topic: Decemberists  (Read 16993 times)

Arthwys

Re: Decemberists
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2005, 07:34:00 pm »
From NPR's website...

The Decemberists' Setlist

The Infanta
 The Legionnaire's Lament
 Song for Myla Goldberg
 We Both Go Down Together
 The Bagman's Gambit
 The Sporting Life
 From My Own True Love (Lost at Sea)
 Sixteen Military Wives
 Wuthering Heights
 The Engine Driver
 Los Angeles, I'm Yours
 The Chimbley Sweep
 California One/Youth and Beauty Brigade

Encore
 Of Angels and Angles
 The Mariner's Revenge Song
Emrys

dyssocial

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2005, 08:53:00 pm »
I was disappointed they didn't play Red Right Ankle, but in general -- it was a wonderful show. It's always so much better when the musicians really look like they're enjoying themselves, and this was probably the silliest show I've ever seen, without question. I was worried about the new drummer, but after seeing him live, he'll do.

poorlulu

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2005, 11:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:

Originally posted by Bags:
 [qb]  I spent most of the night straining to see around this 6'6" Wookiee on the left side, about a third of the way back from the stage. He was like head and shoulders above everyone else though, so I think you're right about the average height. [/b]
G!G!W!!!

K8teebug

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2005, 08:01:00 am »
It was my first time seeing them on Friday night and I thought it was a great show.  Their new drummer is my cousin, so it was fun to see him play with them.  My friend was dissapointed they didn't play July July, but all in all, it was a great way to spend Friday night.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2005, 08:32:00 am »
Good show but didn't have the spark the previous 9:30 show had... Will be glad when they the epic tracks of the new record out of thier system.
T.Rex

jkeisenh

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2005, 08:56:00 am »
i'm all with the previous commenters.  It was a fun show (with the exception of the frat boy i was ready to punch) but I missed The Tain, July July, and Red Right Ankle.  I also felt like it was short.  Then again, I'm short too.

Good seeing some boardies.  It still stuns me how I've been to all of one gathering, last summer, yet some of y'all remember me.  (Was I really that drunk there?  Yeah, I guess so...)

brennser

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2005, 09:19:00 am »
(with the exception of the frat boy i was ready to punch)
GGW!!!

ggw

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2005, 10:13:00 am »
If I was blocking Darth Ed's view, then that would mean Darth Ed was that fucking assclown who wouldn't shut up for more than three seconds at a time.  

That guy was only slightly less annoying than his incredibly hideous female friend who, whenever she wasn't on her cell phone, would sing along to parts of every song (correct lyrics optional) at full volume.

Originally posted by poorlulu:

Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  I spent most of the night straining to see around this 6'6" Wookiee on the left side, about a third of the way back from the stage. He was like head and shoulders above everyone else though, so I think you're right about the average height.
G!G!W!!! [/b]

markie

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2005, 10:16:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  If I was blocking Darth Ed's view, then that would mean Darth Ed was that fucking assclown who wouldn't shut up for more than three seconds at a time.  

Ass Clown:   This songs about LA? Cool! I have been to LA! Awesome!

Me: Shut the Fuck up!

Ass Clown: <confused>

Me: <walk off to somewhere less annoying>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2005, 10:31:00 am »
my only nitpick, is they have gotten to point where people feel the need to shout requests....
T.Rex

markie

« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2005, 10:48:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  my only nitpick, is they have gotten to point where people feel the need to shout requests....
I am sure I was shouting requests at their first D.C. show.

But there is a difference between talking between songs as opposed to during songs....

jkeisenh

« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2005, 10:59:00 am »
my annoyance was this guy in a yankees hat (surprise surprise) who wouldn't shut up, sang along to every song, but had to keep turning to his friend to make sure his friend saw him singing along (look, I know all the lyrics!) and then giving a running commentary (this wasn't on the CD).  i did the "is the show in the way of your conversation?" thing, but said it to the friend and not him, which didn't work.  it was clear he was drinking a bit too much, and he even left during a song to get more beer.  when he talked during Angles everyone shusshed him, and i did the "shut the f*ck up."  this embarassed him to the point that he actually left.

please tell me it wasn't a boardie.  what a jerk.

ratioci nation

« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2005, 11:04:00 am »
Originally posted by Miss MArKiE?:
  Ass Clown:   This songs about LA? Cool! I have been to LA! Awesome!

Me: Shut the Fuck up!

Ass Clown: <confused>

Me: <walk off to somewhere less annoying>
Ass Clown: Oh this is off the new album I dont know it.

Decemberists: Chimbly Sweep

-----------------------------------

Ass Clown and Most Annoying Girl Ever: I love this song, I love everything

Decemberists: playing song they claim to love

Ass Clown and Most Annoying Girl Ever: talk for most of song at shouting volume levels, when not talking MAGE yells words to song, but about a second off of what Meloy is singing

-----------------

and there are lots more, but there has been way too much complaining about crowds lately, so I will stop here

twelsh737

« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2005, 11:09:00 am »
A severely painful knee was actually a blessing in disguise at this show. It completely justified leaning on the bar, which was actually quiet, or alternatively sitting on the couches in the back corner of the first floor. The sound was so good that I could hear everything and could pretty much see the stage from either location. It is not like it was some sort of effects-heavy show so not looking directly at the stage was not an issue, plus I didnâ??t have to deal with any annoying people. I guess you can be old and still go to shows.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2005, 11:16:00 am »
Originally posted by Miss MArKiE?:

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
I am sure I was shouting requests at their first D.C. show.

But there is a difference between talking between songs as opposed to during songs.... [/b]
making requests in a intimate venue can endured... shouting requests from the back of the club very annoying..  at least i didn't hear freebird which was heard at least twice at ben folds.
T.Rex