Author Topic: Absurd Service Fees  (Read 12412 times)

nkotb

Re: Absurd Service Fees
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2004, 05:53:00 pm »
How regularly do these emails go out?  I used to get them, then stopped, and I sure didn't unsubscribe.  

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

Originally posted by Bags:
  I get the email -- when the hell did this special show up?!?!?
they were running it for volume subscribers in dec and in the last email it's mentioned at the bottom in the section on Valentine's Gift Card.  pm me if you need a copy forwarded. [/b]

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2004, 05:57:00 pm »
weekly now... i'm beginning to wonder if the weekly emails aren't getting caught by spam filters for some people.  luckily, the cloudmark users haven't labelled them as spam yet, so mine always land in my inbox weds evening.
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2004, 05:58:00 pm »
I checked my personal email, thinking that might be the case, but didn't see any.  I just resubscribed with my work address.  Thankfully, our spam filters allow me to get my daily fix of penis enlargements, girls who blow for cash, lingerie ads, and other necessities, while kindly blocking client emails.  

weekly now... i'm beginning to wonder if the weekly emails aren't getting caught by spam filters for some people.  luckily, the cloudmark users haven't labelled them as spam yet, so mine always land in my inbox weds evening.

Sir HC

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2004, 06:00:00 pm »
$11 = 36.7% of $30

lily1

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2004, 06:06:00 pm »
kosmo, could you send me a copy since i never seem to get the emails please?

I get the email -- when the hell did this special show up?!?!?
they were running it for volume subscribers in dec and in the last email it's mentioned at the bottom in the section on Valentine's Gift Card.  pm me if you need a copy forwarded. [/b]

lily1

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2004, 06:08:00 pm »
we must work for the same company! i have to go thru my deleted box to find stuff from our partners and clients that was banned by the server.

Originally posted by nkotbie:
  I checked my personal email, thinking that might be the case, but didn't see any.  I just resubscribed with my work address.  Thankfully, our spam filters allow me to get my daily fix of penis enlargements, girls who blow for cash, lingerie ads, and other necessities, while kindly blocking client emails.  

igor

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2004, 10:48:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  $11 = 36.7% of $30
the original post was misleading, the tickets are $30 each so that's $11 surcharge for $60. i still wouldn't pay that much for surcharge though, if there are other options.

Sieve-Fisted

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2004, 01:14:00 pm »
i picked up my $100 gift card this past sunday.   it took a few minutes, so i was the a-hole holding up the line for those of you waiting for the mxpx/simple plan show.

mankie

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2004, 02:30:00 pm »

I realize that 9:30 made the vendor choice, but there are no other options.   [/b]
There are always options bags....the 930 and all the other venues that use these scam merchants can't be bothered to do anything about it though.

ggw

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2004, 02:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
 ....scam merchants....
How much do you charge for an oil change on one of those Ferraris you peddle?

Bags

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2004, 02:36:00 pm »

I realize that 9:30 made the vendor choice, but there are no other options.   [/b]
There are always options bags....the 930 and all the other venues that use these scam merchants can't be bothered to do anything about it though. [/b]
What are the options, outside of setting up a service run by the club, which I would never do as a club owner.  9:30 tried, by going with tickets.com early on.

mankie

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2004, 02:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

....scam merchants....
How much do you charge for an oil change on one of those Ferraris you peddle? [/b]
Dumb-ass, they don't do "oil-changes" like on your Lexus/Benz/BMW or whatever it is.

ggw

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2004, 02:43:00 pm »

....scam merchants....
How much do you charge for an oil change on one of those Ferraris you peddle? [/b]
Dumb-ass, they don't do "oil-changes" like on your Lexus/Benz/BMW or whatever it is. [/b]
Do tell more.......

How much for the deluxe lube job?

thirsty moore

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2004, 02:43:00 pm »
So, you have to buy a new car every 3000 miles?

Dumb-ass, they don't do "oil-changes" like on your Lexus/Benz/BMW or whatever it is.

thirsty moore

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2004, 02:44:00 pm »
Mankie still only charges 5 quid for one of those in the bathroom.

How much for the deluxe lube job?