Author Topic: Absurd Service Fees  (Read 12112 times)

mankie

Re: Absurd Service Fees
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2004, 11:46:00 am »
Oh I get it now....live or work near the club or FUCK YOU!

How silly of me for not understanding sooner.  :roll:

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2004, 11:59:00 am »
You get the advantages of suburban life, you gotta take the disadvantages along with it...

Originally posted by mankie:

How silly of me for not understanding sooner.   :roll:  

mankie

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2004, 12:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  You get the advantages of suburban life, you gotta take the disadvantages along with it...

How silly of me for not understanding sooner.    ;)

ggw

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2004, 12:16:00 pm »
 By the way...it IS impossible to actually buy a ticket for face value isn't it? What the hell is the $1 for if you're buying from the place that's putting the damn show on.

You can buy a ticket for face value on the day of the show.

If you want the convenience of buying a ticket before that (e.g., you want to purchase insurance so that you won't be shut out), it will cost you $1.

Bags

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2004, 12:19:00 pm »

[/b]
Missing a few shitty shows put on by the 930 is hardly a disadvantage....it used to be there was a good show on most nights, now it's mostly shite with the odd good one thrown in once in a while.[/QB]
You're just gettin' old, mank.  It's happening to me too.  "What's with this nu metal crap at the club?"

By the way...it IS impossible to actually buy a ticket for face value isn't it? What the hell is the $1 for if you're buying from the place that's putting the damn show on.
 [/b]
I had this 'discussion' last night.  Thing is, 9:30 opens their box office at 12:00 p.m. -- meaning, it's open for a good 7 hours a day merely for the convenience of folks going by to buy tickets.  I think that's worth $1 a ticket, and is a legitimate ticket-related expense.  Whereas the Black Cat has *no* extra hours or box office, so they don't charge anything above the price of the ticket.  

I know what you're going to say, "it's all in the face price of the ticket," but I disagree.  9:30 is super customer friendly in terms of ticket availability at the club so you don't have to use tickets.com.

Sir HC

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2004, 12:20:00 pm »

How silly of me for not understanding sooner.     ;)  
That dollar is going to the person who is working in that booth.  For all we know, like some bartenders, that is all they get paid.

nkotb

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2004, 12:22:00 pm »
This discussion is as dead and boring as why you should or shouldn't go to see a band two nights in a row.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

If you want the convenience of buying a ticket before that (e.g., you want to purchase insurance so that you won't be shut out), it will cost you $1. [/b]

mankie

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2004, 12:23:00 pm »

If you want the convenience of buying a ticket before that (e.g., you want to purchase insurance so that you won't be shut out), it will cost you $1. [/b]
Thank you, small point though...it's actually an "inconvenience" to go to the club prior to the day of the show to buy your ticket because you have to take the trip twice, once to get your ticket and a second time on the day of the show. Shouldn't the $1 be charged on tickets purchased the day of the show because it's a convenience to just go down there once?

ggw

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2004, 12:27:00 pm »
 Thank you, small point though...it's actually an "inconvenience" to go to the club prior to the day of the show to buy your ticket because you have to take the trip twice, once to get your ticket and a second time on the day of the show. Shouldn't the $1 be charged on tickets purchased the day of the show because it's a convenience to just go down there once?
Hey Rhett -- Stop using Mankie's name and password.

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2004, 12:28:00 pm »
It's actually a convenience for me to go prior to the show. There's never a line when I jog down there at lunch.

The inconvenience would be standing in along line of ticket buyers on the night of the show.

Thank you, small point though...it's actually an "inconvenience" to go to the club prior to the day of the show to buy your ticket because you have to take the trip twice, once to get your ticket and a second time on the day of the show. Shouldn't the $1 be charged on tickets purchased the day of the show because it's a convenience to just go down there once? [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2004, 12:29:00 pm »

what are you applying for a job with the 930 club or something.

blah blah blah

mankie

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2004, 01:41:00 pm »
Then you should quite rightly pay the convenience fee buying in advance and not on the night of the show. I should pay the $1 the night of the show but not in advance!

It's actually a convenience for me to go prior to the show. There's never a line when I jog down there at lunch.

The inconvenience would be standing in along line of ticket buyers on the night of the show.

Thank you, small point though...it's actually an "inconvenience" to go to the club prior to the day of the show to buy your ticket because you have to take the trip twice, once to get your ticket and a second time on the day of the show. Shouldn't the $1 be charged on tickets purchased the day of the show because it's a convenience to just go down there once? [/b]
[/b]

Bags

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2004, 01:55:00 pm »
  Then you should quite rightly pay the convenience fee buying in advance and not on the night of the show. I should pay the $1 the night of the show but not in advance!
Hmmm, and I don't have any kids in the DC school system, so I want 17% of my district taxes back.    ;)

mankie

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2004, 02:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

Hmmm, and I don't have any kids in the DC school system, so I want 17% of my district taxes back.     ;)  [/b]
Ms. Bags...put down the vodka bottle and step away. (what the hell does taxes have to do with it?)

Bags

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2004, 02:57:00 pm »
But it's afternoon?  What's wrong with a little Kettle One in the afternoon?

My point is that you can't completely pick and choose how certain costs are bundled or socialized.  Just because you believe it's *more* convenient (and hence worth more) to buy tickets day of doesn't mean the costs can be structured based on individual circumstances/preferences.  Like taxes; I pay for the school system for the overall benefits to the community, not how it affects the life of bags.

Okay, maybe a stretch. But it's better than writing about local market power mitigation in electric load pockets.     :D