Author Topic: Two-4-One Tickets  (Read 17215 times)

yancydcj

Re: Two-4-One Tickets
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »
This was really poorly explained, but I figured maybe I could have gotten the needed information on the forum here.  Oops, I tried to register around 10:30 and I only just got an email a few minutes ago.

I wish my lame friends liked Q-Tip

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »
OK maybe I am the oddball here but I thought it was all perfectly clear.  Tickets weer 2 for 1 from 10:00 - 11:00 this morning.  I fail to see what is confusing about that at all.  Perhaps Tickets.com could have added a description like "enter the number of tickets you want to pay for, free tickets will be added automatically an the end of your transaction", but the offer described and made by Seth was not confusing to me at all.  I was not able to take advantage of the offer, but I think it rocked and was a damn cool gesture on Seth's part or the part of anyone else involved.  That's my 2¢ anyway!
FUKIT

yancydcj

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »
Oh, and I probably already know the answer to this, but can we get refunds if we purchased more than we originally wanted?  I didn't want to miss out on the deal, and now I have too many tickets.

MelanieSpring

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2008, 04:24:00 pm »
I tried buying tickets this morning and when I realzied that it wasn't working, I called Tickets.com - they said it wasn't working and told me to call 930 - they didn't open until noon! I really wanted tickets and if I had known that all I had to do was purchase 1, I'd get two, I would have. So frustrating. Can I still get tickets!

I'll buy Colbie Caillat and Grace Potter tickets from anyone who has extras!

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
  OK maybe I am the oddball here but I thought it was all perfectly clear.  Tickets weer 2 for 1 from 10:00 - 11:00 this morning.  I fail to see what is confusing about that at all.  Perhaps Tickets.com could have added a description like "enter the number of tickets you want to pay for, free tickets will be added automatically an the end of your transaction", but the offer described and made by Seth was not confusing to me at all.  I was not able to take advantage of the offer, but I think it rocked and was a damn cool gesture on Seth's part or the part of anyone else involved.  That's my 2¢ anyway!
I think MOST of the confusions fell in the fact that NO WHERE did it say you could just magically get the second ticket. I assumed if you bought two tickets the price would come up on the tickets.come page as the price for one ticket. Thats where the confusion came for me... but I figured it out and got my tickets and am still grateful for the promotion.

It just was more of a clusterfuck than it needed to be imho.
nothx

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »
Can we cease using the godawful word "clusterfuck"?

Who came up with that one, anyway?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »
I still think it's lame that we have to depend on the Club to have its shit in order when we show up in line to get our free ticket/s, because it didn't show a good precedent today. An email that you could print out that said "Dear Such and Such, this letter entitles you to one free ticket for such and such show on January 36th. Sincerely, 9:30 Club," would be nice. With what we have now, we're totally praying that the Club has its shit together and will have a ticket for you, because, as someone pointed out, there is nothing on the confirmation page that says when you bought your tickets. Other tards could roll up to will-call and try to claim they bought during the certain hour and are entitled to the free ticket. Sure, their name might not be on the list for free tickets, but that doesn't mean they can't raise a fuss.

And what if the show sells out? Will the Club keep the allotted free tickets aside for those who deserve them? Other than a late 90s Detroit rave, this is one of the sketchiest endeavors I've ever participated in. Would be nice if both tickets.com (which I'll not work with again) and the Club had their shit together next time.

I'm reserving my "Thanks, Seth," for when I get that free ticket in my hand in December.

mbg73

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2008, 06:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Thousand Made-Up Loves:
   An email that you could print out that said "Dear Such and Such, this letter entitles you to one free ticket for such and such show on January 36th. Sincerely, 9:30 Club," would be nice. With what we have now, we're totally praying that the Club has its shit together and will have a ticket for you, because, as someone pointed out, there is nothing on the confirmation page that says when you bought your tickets. Other tards could roll up to will-call and try to claim they bought during the certain hour and are entitled to the free ticket.

Does the email you received from tickets.com not have a time on it, presumably somewhere between 10 and 11?  I think that will do the trick in the   event that all you're praying doesn't work out

wekv

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »
Here's my thoughts - let's say capacity at 930 is 1200 people.  Say 400 tix are already sold for a particular venue and then 500 tix are sold on a 2-for-1 deal ... that's 400+(500x2)=1400 that's 200 more than capacity.  I think the 2-for-1 should be done at the checkout in lieu of when you get your tix in the mail or in person -- this way there is no problem w/ not getting your 2-for-1 or a fire code violation.  Now I have 2 extras that I don't need!

More info next time is advised!!

Shadrach

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2008, 08:11:00 pm »
  I still think it's lame that we have to depend on the Club to have its shit in order when we show up in line to get our free ticket/s, because it didn't show a good precedent today. An email that you could print out that said "Dear Such and Such, this letter entitles you to one free ticket for such and such show on January 36th. Sincerely, 9:30 Club," would be nice. With what we have now, we're totally praying that the Club has its shit together and will have a ticket for you, because, as someone pointed out, there is nothing on the confirmation page that says when you bought your tickets. Other tards could roll up to will-call and try to claim they bought during the certain hour and are entitled to the free ticket. Sure, their name might not be on the list for free tickets, but that doesn't mean they can't raise a fuss.

And what if the show sells out? Will the Club keep the allotted free tickets aside for those who deserve them? Other than a late 90s Detroit rave, this is one of the sketchiest endeavors I've ever participated in. Would be nice if both tickets.com (which I'll not work with again) and the Club had their shit together next time.

I'm reserving my "Thanks, Seth," for when I get that free ticket in my hand in December.
Wow, you folks don't give us much credit do you? Based on this post you would think you've had some terrible ticketing experiences at 9:30.

Look folks as I posted above, if you got your tickets online during the set time, you will get your free tickets.

I've never heard of any venue giving such an offer, ever. I would have thought this would have been better received, as in WOW!!! Thanks.

Samantha

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2008, 08:12:00 pm »
yeah like I said, it was a sketch operation.  The "how do you actually DO this" was what was sketch.  It'd be nice to have some sort of reassurance that we're getting our free ticket, email or something...especially if you're getting a single ticket to a show that may sell out, then if you get there and don't get your date/friend/sister's ticket, you're screwed.  That's really the issue here, Rat dear.  the Made-up Love is taking this a bit far, but brings up good points.  Why are you blaming tickets.com?  In all my ticket buying experiences, they've been lovely and customer services has been extremely helpful.

Charlie, clusterfuck is an army term.  it holds up and does the job.  Sometimes it's the only word that works.

azaghal1981

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »
I got my Gogol Bordello w/o any issues and am not sketched out.

So thanks!

I'm also a big fan of "clusterfuck" but don't think this was one.
احمد

Samantha

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »
this thread is a clusterfuck, however.

if you understood how this 2-for-1 thing worked, you are psychic.  there were no instructions.

Lambofgodfan

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shadrach:

Wow, you folks don't give us much credit do you? Based on this post you would think you've had some terrible ticketing experiences at 9:30.

Look folks as I posted above, if you got your tickets online during the set time, you will get your free tickets.

I've never heard of any venue giving such an offer, ever. I would have thought this would have been better received, as in WOW!!! Thanks. [/b]
i appreciate it a lot but for some reason reason this forum has a knack of attracting tons of indie fruit bags so expect the worst

Samantha

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2008, 08:31:00 pm »
%#$@&*@!!!  Goddamn, Gogol Bordello would have made awesome get-into-pants tickets!  CRAP.

Originally posted by miss pretentious:

Originally posted by Samantha:

Originally posted by miss pretentious:

Originally posted by Samantha:
  so quick question for purchasing of a ticket in 10 minutes to take advantage of this...which tickets would be best to try to get into a man's pants with?

this deal doesn't work that well for me as I always go to shows alone
eagles of death metal. seriously. [/b]
But I don't want a hipster boy!  I did buy these tickets though.  Hopefully I can at least get my sister to go, although hopefully she'll find another ride cause I don't wanna leave early so she can wake up for school the next morning.  Ugh. [/b]
i dont know that you'd get a hipster boy so much as a straight up dirty guy who drinks a lot of beer and is pretty fun. you do "get" the band right? [/b]
so where do I find one of these guys (an attractive one plz, I am superficial) to offer them my ticket and get into their pants?  I need some direction.

But I haven't actually heard EoDM, I'm going for the Duke Spirit.  I should probably check them out tonight.  My gf is a big fan and explained them to me.  I could totally use my extra ticket to get into her pants, I wish she were here.