Author Topic: $12.25? Go fuck yourself, Tickets.com  (Read 20812 times)

Bags

Re: $12.25? Go fuck yourself, Tickets.com
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2003, 02:48:00 pm »
I don't remember now, but I'll post later when I'm in front of my iTunes.

Three Dog Night are, to me, one of those bands like Bread and America.  I know some of their songs, but had no idea it was they who sang/played them.   ???

Originally posted by The Pariah:

Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by Sir HC:

The Coral while nice remind me too much of the Three Dog Night. [/b]
...then markie was obviously taking the piss. [/b]
Bags, which singles did you get? [/b]

thirsty moore

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2003, 02:49:00 pm »
The Pariah was a bullfrog...

I have never heard of three dog night. A perousal of allmusic and their song highlights did not bring back any memories of ever hearing them at all.

markie

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2003, 02:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:

I have never heard of three dog night. A perousal of allmusic and their song highlights did not bring back any memories of ever hearing them at all.
[/b]
Did bullfrogs die out before 1976?

I dont think they were big in the UK and believe it or not I dont listen to american Classic Rock stations, unlike Mankie.

mankie

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2003, 03:24:00 pm »

Originally posted by thirsty moore:

[/b]
Did bullfrogs die out before 1976?

I dont think they were big in the UK and believe it or not I dont listen to american Classic Rock stations, unlike Mankie. [/b]
You're telling porkie pies if you're trying to tell us you've never heard that friggin "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" song.

SPARX

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2003, 03:28:00 pm »

[/b][/QUOTE]You're telling porkie pies if you're trying to tell us you've never heard that friggin "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" song. [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             How about "Mama Told Me not to Come"
 Friggin freat song!!

markie

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2003, 03:38:00 pm »
  You're telling porkie pies if you're trying to tell us you've never heard that friggin "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" song.
Er, what? It does not ring any bells.

markie

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2003, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
   "Mama Told Me not to Come"
 Friggin freat song!!
I know Tom Jones had a song recently of the same name. I guess Tom Jones covered it. Kelly from Stereophonics did guest vocals on the song. I have only ever heard that version.

Should I rush right out and buy all their albums?

SPARX

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2003, 03:45:00 pm »
  [
 Should I rush right out and buy all their albums?
no,but the greaterst hits would be good to add to a collection if you can get it cheap.Commercial pop,with good harmonies.Just remember it's a pre punk 70's band.

Jaguär

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2003, 04:59:00 pm »
Sorry guys but The Decemberists do nothing for me. They are okay but I really have no interest in them.

Markie, believe me, you've heard Three Dog Night somewhere, somehow, in someway. They've saturated mainstream culture so deeply that the whole world would know of at least a few of their hits even if they couldn't identify them. They were very big in the late 60s - early 70s and weren't bad then. Now they are pure mainstream Oldies. The only album of their's that I've ever liked was their 1st one. That damn bullfrog song drove me out of my freaking mind!!! I think it was called Joy To The World. (Chris Rock, or some Black comedian had a great joke about that song!)

SPARX

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2003, 05:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Sorry guys but The Decemberists do nothing for me. They are okay but I really have no interest in them.

I'm with you Jag.It's not bad per se,but totally run of the mill IMHO.Strange thing is that most people i agree with on music most of the time love it.I just don't see what all the fuss is about.granted,i've only heard Her Majesties,but that should be enough to form an objective opinion,unless they just changed their sound dramatically.

Liberte

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2003, 08:25:00 pm »

Originally posted by SPARX:
   "Mama Told Me not to Come"
 Friggin freat song!!
I know Tom Jones had a song recently of the same name. I guess Tom Jones covered it. Kelly from Stereophonics did guest vocals on the song. I have only ever heard that version.

Should I rush right out and buy all their albums? [/b]
"Mama Told Me (Not to Come)" is a 1970 Randy Newman song, subsequently covered by TDN, Tom Jones, and many others.

We play the original here at the old folks' home all the time  :D

walkman

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2003, 09:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:
  Uh oh, then I think the Decemberists are out for Bags.  I bought a couple Coral singles, giving me five songs altogether, and they just don't float my boat.  If the Decemberists are even less poppy, I'm not sure they'll grab me.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
 [qb]
 The coral are way more poppier than the decemberists. More like the decemberists after they had listened to the jam. Perhaps even more so with the new Coral albumn. [/b]
[/b]
Have to say, Bags, that the Coral don't really do it for me either...but I've grown to love the Decemberists.  Forget about who's poppier...the bottom line is that the Decemberists write better, more memorable songs (not just catchy-memorable, but thoughtful-memorable).  Give 'em a shot.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2003, 11:31:00 am »
I think really the only way to make the fees go down is by having the venues complain that their ticket sales are going down. Prime example would be Jaxx. Jay has been voicing his opinion that if people don't start buying tickets he'll have to cancel shows. Presales determine how well you're likely to do. If your presales are 15 the day before a show, I wouldn't want to bank on the fact that 600-700 people would be showing up the day of the show simply because they didn't want to pay the ticketbastard or tickets.communist charges. It has effected people buying tickets. Sure a show might sell out the day of the show, but it keeps people away that most likely would want to go to the show but either a) don't have the time to get down to the club to buy tickets in advance or  b)refuse to pay such astronomical charges for what? A computer's job that takes less than a minute to handle? For tickets.com to charge a $3.50 "Holding" fee for you to pick up the tickets at the venue is rediculous. Besides, it's not like it cost $3.50 for them to mail it to you either so I could see a $1 charge (just like the 930 Club would do) for holding your tickets.

Seriously, what the hell has become of the entertainment industry. And they wonder why people skip out on movies and concerts and just download it...

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

Bags

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2003, 11:37:00 am »
I'm with you. Alas, I don't see how my boycotting shows is going to help, so I just can't do it.

And now I'd like to complain about goddamn Starpower moving Independent Film Channel from basic cable to digital!! aaarrrrgggghhhhhh

I hate all these awful companies.

Bags

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2003, 12:07:00 pm »
sorry, posting screw up