Author Topic: The we should really have a YouTube thread thread  (Read 419357 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The we should really have a YouTube thread thread
« Reply #660 on: November 10, 2014, 06:45:18 pm »
3,537,516 views.

99% of which bailed after less than 2 minutes, i am guessing.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #661 on: November 11, 2014, 01:50:15 pm »
Bryan Ferry's new video (potentially NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a0_ko3Vr68#t=251
27>34

ggw

« Reply #662 on: November 11, 2014, 04:06:03 pm »
Drunk Girl in Public (Social Experiment)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvq6pH5Rheg#t=63

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #663 on: November 13, 2014, 12:48:41 pm »
(Social Experiment)

wait - so, based on this rigorous implementation of the scientific method, we can conclude that there are men willing take advantage of an attractive inebriated woman?  wow!  i'll send notification to the National Academy of Sciences!!!

that is some edgy social commentary right there...
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #664 on: November 13, 2014, 01:25:26 pm »
(Social Experiment)

wait - so, based on this rigorous implementation of the scientific method, we can conclude that there are men willing take advantage of an attractive inebriated woman?  wow!  i'll send notification to the National Academy of Sciences!!!

that is some edgy social commentary right there...

I believe it was mostly a play on the Hollaback "social experiment" which got so much attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #665 on: November 13, 2014, 01:31:55 pm »
re: Hollaback

I want to comment on that on here because I don't remember seeing us discuss it yet. What I find most irksome about this is just the intellectual dishonesty of the entire thing. It says in the ending she got over 100 cases of verbal abuse from "people of all backgrounds."

Horseshit. Pure, unadulterated horseshit. She was not harassed by people of all backgrounds; she was harassed by poorly educated, lowest-quintile minority males. College professors were not whistling at her. White men with Master's Degrees were not yelling "bless you, mami!" No captain of industry stuck his head out of his limousine as it passed by and yelled "hey toots, nice cans!"

This is not a "men are pigs" issue. It's a "3% of men -- who all come from the exact same 'hood' background -- are pigs issue." But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your insane narrative.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #666 on: November 13, 2014, 01:47:38 pm »

I want to comment on that on here because I don't remember seeing us discuss it yet. What I find most irksome about this is just the intellectual dishonesty of the entire thing. It says in the ending she got over 100 cases of verbal abuse from "people of all backgrounds."

Horseshit. Pure, unadulterated horseshit. She was not harassed by people of all backgrounds; she was harassed by poorly educated, lowest-quintile minority males. College professors were not whistling at her. White men with Master's Degrees were not yelling "bless you, mami!" No captain of industry stuck his head out of his limousine as it passed by and yelled "hey toots, nice cans!"

This is not a "men are pigs" issue. It's a "3% of men -- who all come from the exact same 'hood' background -- are pigs issue." But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your insane narrative.

What I find most irksome about this is that she simply is not attractive.  I mean, do men not have standards anymore?

« Reply #667 on: November 13, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »

What I find most irksome about this is that she simply is not attractive.  I mean, do men not have standards anymore?
Well played.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #668 on: November 13, 2014, 01:52:09 pm »

Well played.

btw - You forgot to log in as James Ford before you posted your initial rant.

« Reply #669 on: November 13, 2014, 01:53:55 pm »
The wealthy and well-educated are better than the poor is a dyed-in-the-wool Julian issue. I didn't bring up religion.
LVMH

Rogue Riderhood

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #671 on: November 13, 2014, 06:05:10 pm »

ggw

Rogue Riderhood

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #674 on: December 17, 2014, 06:44:47 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP5zZaYNF6g

(Warning there are no outback coupons displayed in this video.)
FUKIT