Author Topic: Is Morrissey a racist?  (Read 8806 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Is Morrissey a racist?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 11:12:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  You sure do love to hear yourself talk, don't you?
i think you meant to write "I sure do hate to hear you talk, don't I?".  imagine that, i respond to someone's comments with my thoughts - you'd think this is a public forum with divergent opinions.  then again, you might be right - maybe allowing narrow-minded comments to die a silent death is the best approach.  

and your observation rings a tad hollow, coming from someone rapidly approaching the 16,000 post count  :D  

(When is the "Things Sweetcell thinks you need to know" thread going to happen?)
you'll be relieved to know it won't.  i'm not quite so confident/full of myself as to think that i should proactively tell folks what they "need" to know.  

I'm sure there are a number of Native Americans who wish America wasn't the land of immigrants. And they'd be quite justified in their thinking.
agreed.
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
the ironic part about all of this is that brain walrus / mankie IS HIMSELF an immigrant ... i guess that because he's a white anglo, however, he's not contributing to his feared miscegenation
(o|o)

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 12:40:00 pm »
Perhaps  he (correctly) sees himself as much closer in spirit to the cultural status quo of what it is to be American as opposed to other immigrant groups.

Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
  the ironic part about all of this is that brain walrus / mankie IS HIMSELF an immigrant ... i guess that because he's a white anglo, however, he's not contributing to his feared miscegenation

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 12:49:00 pm »
  Perhaps  he (correctly) sees himself as much closer in spirit to the cultural status quo of what it is to be American as opposed to other immigrant groups.
/vomit/
(o|o)

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 12:56:00 pm »
Or perhaps he came here LEGALLY (don't know if this is true).

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »
I actually didn't believe that Wallace was Dupek until this thread.

And Mankie is not a racist, he's just a typical old curmudgeon.  Think of like your grandfather talking about the Japanese...
27>34

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 01:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  I actually didn't believe that Wallace was Dupek until this thread.

And Mankie is not a racist, he's just a typical old curmudgeon.  Think of like your grandfather talking about the Japanese...
I'm glad believing these things makes you sleep better at night.

Now, go back to talking about important things like whether "The Hills" will be renewed.

Brian

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 01:42:00 pm »
  Or perhaps he came here LEGALLY (don't know if this is true).
reread his post, he's not complaining about illegal immigrants who should "wait their turn", he's complaining about people who aren't the same color skin / religion
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »
I get right up in my grandfather's face at every possible opportunity and viciously excoriate him for his archaic xenophobia and soft racism ... i think he just appreciates the attention
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 01:49:00 pm »
  I get right up in my grandfather's face at every possible opportunity and viciously excoriate him for his archaic xenophobia and soft racism ... i think he just appreciates the attention
Or he lined up against thousands of them with guns pointed at him.  I cut my grandfather some slack for that...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 01:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  Now, go back to talking about important things like whether "The Hills" will be renewed.

I'm just happy to know you read my thread - you may actually learn something.  Maybe I'll take on immigration next so you can avoid saying assinine things about immigration in the future.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 02:01:00 pm »
 Or he lined up against thousands of them with guns pointed at him.  I cut my grandfather some slack for that...
that's because you, sadly, are intellectually flaccid ... i, on the other hand, have no problem with fashioning a theoretical construct and then sticking by it blindly through all of its logical conclusions, no matter how unreasonable or unwarranted they may seem

it ain't easy to have your family disown you due to your fervent and unrelenting promotion of cultural and moral relativism, but i stand proud in not "cutting any slack"
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »
hoya: you can also sleep well at night knowing you're not flip-flopping on the issue!
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »
  that's because you, sadly, are intellectually flaccid ... i, on the other hand, have no problem with fashioning a theoretical construct and then sticking by it blindly through all of its logical conclusions, no matter how unreasonable or unwarranted they may seem

it ain't easy to have your family disown you due to your fervent and unrelenting promotion of cultural and moral relativism, but i stand proud in not "cutting any slack"
I see years of therapy in your future....

No, I grew up in a fairly liberal household where the race was to see who could be the most liberal.  I do admit, however, to cutting a little extra slack to The Greatest Generation for the effects of WWII.  My grandfather despite many return trips to Europe refuses to set foot in Germany (or Austria) and refuses to buy a German or Japanese car.  

Of course I know these things are ridiculous intellectually, but I could never pretend that as many books as I've read on the war, and documentaries seen, to understand what he went through those four years in France, Belgium and Germany and then on to the Pacific.  And for that reason and countless nights talking to him about it and it's effects, I cut him some slack.  If that makes me intellectually flaccid, so be it.  I tend to think it makes me compassionate.
27>34

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »
Awww..do you need a hug?  I'll make you a mix-tape with plenty of MCR, FOB and PATD on it, if it will make you feel better.

Brian