Author Topic: Is Morrissey a racist?  (Read 8808 times)

lagas

Is Morrissey a racist?
« on: December 05, 2007, 04:56:00 pm »
Morrissey is in trouble in England for a comment he made to NME.
 Here's the info...
 http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article3223685.ece
zorra

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Is Morrissey a racist?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »
ancient.gif
(o|o)

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »
Has anyone actually read this interview?  I have.  And I don't really see the big deal.  Essentially he says England is losing some of it's identity due to unchecked immigration.  Which I don't disagree with if you substitute America for England.  I think America is losing some of it's identity due to unchecked/unlawful immigration.  But, I wasn't interviewed by the NME and have a reputation (deserved or not) for making race-bating statements.  But really, what he said wasn't all that inflammatory.  Morrissey just called it as he sees it.

Brian

K8teebug

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 03:56:00 pm »
What he said wasn't a big deal. It's just getting blown out of proportion.

ggw

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 04:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  I wasn't interviewed by the NME and have a reputation (deserved or not) for making race-bating statements.
So you really are Dupek.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 04:57:00 pm »
EDIT

"But, I wasn't interviewed by the NME and DON'T have a reputation (deserved or not) for making race-bating statements."

Like Morrisey was/does.  Improper sentence structure on my part.

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 05:09:00 pm »
saying that you don't have a reputation, "deserved or not", doesn't make sense.

hi dupek.
<sig>

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 07:44:00 pm »
He's exactly right, the England I grew up in doesn't exist anymore. It's gone forever. In fact, I would say that unless immigration is brought under control, Britain will be a muslim state within 50 years. I have absolutely no desire to go back to England, the muslims can have it. Call me racist if you want, but the facts are the facts...

As Elvis Costello sings, "London is full of Arabs"
 Or as Mike Scott sings, "Old England is dying"

Nothing racist about speaking the truth.

America take note, unless you want to become the next member of the latin American community.

Sir HC

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 09:13:00 pm »
Morissey is a cheap bastard that skips out on bills, other than that I know nothing about him.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 09:56:00 pm »
lol @ mankie's total stereotypical "angry white man" xenophobic fear of blacks (sorry, "rap culture"), latinos, muslims, am i leaving anyone out?  you ok with south asians?

how many hours of talk radio do you listen to every day?  "national front 4 lyfe" bumper sticker on your spin bike?
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 10:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

I wasn't interviewed by the NME and have a reputation (deserved or not) for making race-bating statements.
So you really are Dupek. [/b]
i know you have a top-secret dossier on him like all the rest of us, so what have you gathered so far?  any results from the sentence structure analysis and sketch artist expenditures that we all pitched in for?
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 12:32:00 am »
Originally posted by Brain Walrus:
  He's exactly right, the England I grew up in doesn't exist anymore. It's gone forever. In fact, I would say that unless immigration is brought under control, Britain will be a muslim state within 50 years. I have absolutely no desire to go back to England, the muslims can have it. Call me racist if you want, but the facts are the facts...

America take note, unless you want to become the next member of the latin American community.
such lizard-brained opinions are based on the belief that countries shouldn't change.  technology has ensured that isolation is a thing of the past.  people who complain about immigration and exposure to new ideas should be made to give up their telelvisions, cars, modern medicine and plastics.  

i fear what percentage would be willing to take that trade-off.

america is a land of immigrants.  the english descendent complained when the italians showed up, who complained when the ukrainians got off the boat, who in turn complained when the vietnamese arrived, who themselves sneered at the senegalese...
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 06:15:00 am »
I fucking called it!

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

So you really are Dupek. [/b]
احمد

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 09:03:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  such lizard-brained opinions are based on the belief that countries shouldn't change.  technology has ensured that isolation is a thing of the past.  people who complain about immigration and exposure to new ideas should be made to give up their telelvisions, cars, modern medicine and plastics.  

america is a land of immigrants.  the english descendent complained when the italians showed up, who complained when the ukrainians got off the boat, who in turn complained when the vietnamese arrived, who themselves sneered at the senegalese...
That is the lamest, most snobbish, pussy argument ever.  I know EXACTLY what kind of person you are, sweetcell.  "We are ALL immigrants, so you can't criticize."  "America is a land of immigrants."  Jesus!  How predictable!  Except for the Native Americans, right?  Or what do you call them?  "Redskins?"

I am perfectly willing to pay a LOT more for almost every good and service I purchase if it means that illegal immigration will be severely curtailed.  I know YOU don't want to, sweetcell.  You're perfectly happy living your American life on the back of cheap labor.  You NEED your iPhone or iPod or whatever jerkoff tech thing you and vansmack are into now.  You NEED the cheap stuff.  How the hell are you going to pay off all of your student loans?

I'm willing to make a LOT of sacrifices to stop ILLEGAL immigration.  That doesn't make me a racist.

Who would have thought that THIS was the issue that Brian Wallace and Brain Walrus would come to agreement on?

Brian

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 10:08:00 am »
You sure do love to hear yourself talk, don't you? (When is the "Things Sweetcell thinks you need to know" thread going to happen?) I'm sure there are a number of Native Americans who wish America wasn't the land of immigrants. And they'd be quite justified in their thinking.

Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by Brain Walrus:

america is a land of immigrants.  the english descendent complained when the italians showed up, who complained when the ukrainians got off the boat, who in turn complained when the vietnamese arrived, who themselves sneered at the senegalese... [/b]