Author Topic: Is Morrissey a racist?  (Read 8809 times)

manimtired

Re: Is Morrissey a racist?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 02:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
 [qb] it ain't easy to have your family disown you due to your fervent and unrelenting promotion of cultural and moral relativism, but i stand proud in not "cutting any slack" [/b]
they might have just disowned you for being a complete douchebag too...
 please tell me youre still in college..

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »
my lord, i was being sarcastic, do you think anyone could have actually meant what i wrote?
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 02:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
   If that makes me intellectually flaccid, so be it.  I tend to think it makes me compassionate.
i'm surprised you carried this to its logical conclusion, i hate to break it to you, but i wasn't being truthful in my previous posts (i thought they were kind of funny, i guess that was lost on everyone)
(o|o)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 02:39:00 pm »
I sometimes wonder if maybe I'm speaking a foriegn language that you dumb fucks don't understand going by your responses. Or maybe it's just your tiny liberal brain-washed minds program you to offer the same response to anyone who happens to have a differing opinion of yourself.

So having an opinion that hip hop is just crap somehow translates into 'I'm afraid of hip hop and blacks'?(not that my initial comment made any reference to hip hop or black people for that matter, but you're welcome to throw your tired old race card in at will, and you do....at every opportunity)

In fact....I don't think my post said I'm afraid of anything, nor did it say I believe countries shouldn't change. England has changed and I don't like the changes, but I've accpeted them and stayed the fuck out because of them. There's world of difference from say a French family moving to Britain and living in harmony within the (now dead) British culture and a muslim family moving in and slaughtering their daughter because she had the audacity to date an English boy, then call it an 'honor killing'. Or get a job at a restaurant and refusing to touch ham, or going to an English school and demanding the school change their menu to suit them....I just ask myself why on earth did they move from their country of origin if that's how they want to live in the first place? You don't see me jumping up and down and screaming because I want to drive my car on the left side of the road do you? All they've done is give up sunny weather for pissing rain if you ask me.

And for the record, I came in this country legally, although I wish I was an illegal sometimes so I could get away without paying taxes, get a drivers license but never have to insure my car and get free medical benefits. NOw that's living the American dream!!!

I say welcome to my country, this is how we live and this is the language we speak. If you like it great, if not FUCK OFF HOME

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brain Walrus:
 I say welcome to my country, this is how we live and this is the language we speak. If you like it great, if not FUCK OFF HOME
Welcome to my wonderful country.

Here in America, we don't say things like "FUCK OFF HOME."  We say "GO THE FUCK HOME"

Please stop bastardizing our beautiful language.

Thanks!
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
  i'm surprised you carried this to its logical conclusion, i hate to break it to you, but i wasn't being truthful in my previous posts (i thought they were kind of funny, i guess that was lost on everyone)
Hilarious - I completely missed it!  In my defense it's still early here and I hadn't yet openend my Mountain Dew so my Spidey sense is off. Nicely done.

I was also watching Band of Brothers and beating Call of Duty 2 this weekend so I have a heightened WWII sense on at the moment.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 02:45:00 pm »
  So having an opinion that hip hop is just crap somehow translates into 'I'm afraid of hip hop and blacks'?(not that my initial comment made any reference to hip hop or black people for that matter, but you're welcome to throw your tired old race card in at will, and you do....at every opportunity)
i say this because you have transposed your "opinion that hip hop is crap" (an extremely valid opinion about music) to pretty much any type of "urban culture" on this board, and you do so....at every opportunity
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 02:59:00 pm »
  a muslim family moving in and slaughtering their daughter because she had the audacity to date an English boy, then call it an 'honor killing'.
And this is why change is good Mank.  If you do that in Britian or America, you go to jail for murder, and the more these things are dealt with in a manner that fits today's society, the more progress will be made in societies that are stuck in the 16th century. That's why I welcome more immigrants to developed societies, and if they faced more welcoming and had help assimilating rather than "FECK OFF HOME" they'd be much more likely to embrace your developed society rather than revert to their ancient ways.    

And for the record, I came in this country legally
Um, I'm not even going to touch that.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 03:03:00 pm »
  the more these things are dealt with in a manner that fits today's society, the more progress will be made in societies that are stuck in the 6th century.
there you go
(o|o)

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2007, 03:09:00 pm »
  If you do that in Britian or America, you go to jail for murder, and the more these things are dealt with in a manner that fits today's society, the more progress will be made in societies that are stuck in the 16th century. That's why I welcome more immigrants to developed societies, and if they faced more welcoming and had help assimilating rather than "FECK OFF HOME" they'd be much more likely to embrace your developed society rather than revert to their ancient ways.    

Oh, that's awful.  So naive and unrealistic.  Everything's rainbows and moonbeams in your world, isn't it?  Do you fart cotton candy, too?  I hope to God you're not a lawyer.

Fantastic song.  Why wasn't this in their set list for the "Turn It On Again 2007" tour?

Brian

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2007, 03:10:00 pm »
The fact that the father and uncle of the girl I was referring to are sat in prison wondering what they did wrong tell me their beliefs are far stronger than our laws, so NO, it won't change.

And may I remind you...it was our language first, you lot bastardized it.

Also, I don't hate 'urban music' The Smiths is pretty urban if you ask me...Morrisseys lyrics are mostly about life in Manchester (Headmasters ritual, suffer little children to name just two) so I guess I am into hip hop after all.

vansmack

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 03:11:00 pm »
  Do you fart cotton candy, too?  
No, but I do smell my own farts and contribute to the Smug.
27>34

ggw

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2007, 03:13:00 pm »
Remember, we are Anglo-hyphen-Saxons. The Anglos came from what we call now Denmark. And the Saxons came from North Germany. So the only bit that actually comes from England in Anglo-hyphen-Saxon is the hyphen.
 -Billy Bragg

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »

Do you fart cotton candy, too?  
No, but I do smell my own farts and contribute to the Smug. [/b]
Yeah, we know.  You don't have to tell us.

Brian

vansmack

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
  The fact that the father and uncle of the girl I was referring to are sat in prison wondering what they did wrong tell me their beliefs are far stronger than our laws, so NO, it won't change.
It's not them you need to worry about Mank - it's the generation behind them who see this and have to come to terms with it.  Eventually, the Muslim world will find vocal leaders that will point out that sitting behind bars is no way to live your life, and all we need to do as a developed society is provide them with an audience.  They're not going to get an audience in an undeveloped society.
27>34