Author Topic: Virgin Music Festival @ Pimlico  (Read 66579 times)

myuman

Re: Virgin Music Festival @ Pimlico
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2006, 12:55:00 pm »
Maybe the option to buy a ticket for $50 with the requirement to leave before the Who will come up.... put me down for that!  Never understood nor followed the who... and IMHO is the major sore spot of this lineup.... but I understand I'm probably not the majority.

eros

« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2006, 01:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by myuman:
  Maybe the option to buy a ticket for $50 with the requirement to leave before the Who will come up.... put me down for that!  Never understood nor followed the who... and IMHO is the major sore spot of this lineup.... but I understand I'm probably not the majority.
Change "The Who" to "Red Hot Chili Peppers" and I'm right with you.
ʎɐʍou

Darth Ed

« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2006, 01:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by eros:
 Change "The Who" to "Red Hot Chili Peppers" and I'm right with you.
Ditto.

Darth Ed

« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2006, 01:16:00 pm »
Pollstar has been updated with the full line-up:
  http://pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Venue&Content=pimlico

http://www.virginfestival.com/  still says to "check back on July 17."    :roll:

bnyced0

« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2006, 01:30:00 pm »
A lot of valid points but a clarification is needed on Coachella, it did not start out as a 1 day festival, it had one year with one day but the original Coachella in 99 was 2 days.  And unlike Coachella, that began not as a attempt to have the "best" festival in America it became that by having the diversity of acts that's easily assembled by Goldenvoice in the LA area and just added to its mystique by continuing to cater to the type of crowd that frequently reads this board, and still did so even by adding Madonna.  It seems odd that the first foray by V festival in the the US would come to this type of set up but it appears that this is just a licensing effort and they gave the local promoter complete control of the event which is nice and the effort and intentions seem earnest enough.  I'll probably go because I'm a festival junkee and I want to support the effort even if I'm underwhelmed by the offering but the Toronto stop looks like it will have a bit more success and likelihood of becoming an annual event IMO.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2006, 02:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
  A lot of valid points but a clarification is needed on Coachella, it did not start out as a 1 day festival, it had one year with one day but the original Coachella in 99 was 2 days.  And unlike Coachella, that began not as a attempt to have the "best" festival in America it became that by having the diversity of acts that's easily assembled by Goldenvoice in the LA area and just added to its mystique by continuing to cater to the type of crowd that frequently reads this board, and still did so even by adding Madonna.  It seems odd that the first foray by V festival in the the US would come to this type of set up but it appears that this is just a licensing effort and they gave the local promoter complete control of the event which is nice and the effort and intentions seem earnest enough.  I'll probably go because I'm a festival junkee and I want to support the effort even if I'm underwhelmed by the offering but the Toronto stop looks like it will have a bit more success and likelihood of becoming an annual event IMO.
And I think that diversity provided by Coachella's multitude of acts makes it a little more cost-worthy than this event, at least in my opinion.  It's an interesting lineup, but I've already seen both headliners before and paid to see them and I'd love to see the Chili Peppers again and The Who, too, but I'm not sure my $100 would feel completely well spent on this ticket.  There aren't THAT many other acts I really want to see...Flaming Lips, Scissor Sisters, Raconteurs...but do I really want to see them for $100?  Plus, at these festivals, you have to factor in the cost of gas to get the hell out there and back, or a hotel if you're spending the night, and food, and water, and all of that shit.  Starting already at a high ticket price does not get me super gung ho about this.

I'm sure it will be successful, though, at least as much so as an HFStival back in the day...

Got Haggis?

« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2006, 02:16:00 pm »
the festival site is live now.  no new info, other than if you want to park, you will have to buy a 'premium' parking ticket

bigmarley4

« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2006, 04:34:00 pm »
hey guys,

long-time 930er, new user to the forum.  Just wanted to say thanks for all the great info, looking forward to the V-Fest but not looking forward to paying $100.

cheers,

bm4

oh, I suggest you attend Secret Machines this Friday, I've seen em once before and was impressed.

vansmack

« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2006, 04:39:00 pm »
Love the password. Perfect for Pimlico.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2006, 04:42:00 pm »
Totally.  Makes perfect sense, but I doubt anyone would guess it.  God Bless Baltimore.

Originally posted by vansmack:
  Love the password. Perfect for Pimlico.

Bags

« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2006, 04:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Makes perfect sense, but I doubt anyone would guess it.  God Bless Baltimore.

It's true -- good password.  Seriously, I might have guessed THEWHO.  That's about as tough as they usually are.

maybe VIRGIN...

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2006, 05:00:00 pm »
Password?  What Password?
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »
Nevermind
FUKIT

amnesiac

« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2006, 05:16:00 pm »
How much are Yuenglings gonna be?

fooschae

« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2006, 05:42:00 pm »
I cringed when I heard the WTOP news reporter introduce Seth as "Jeff Horowitz" this afternoon. Seth politely corrected him, and the reporter then said "Seth" at the beginning of every sentence thereafter.