Author Topic: Virgin Music Festival @ Pimlico  (Read 63210 times)

nkotb

Re: Virgin Music Festival @ Pimlico
« Reply #300 on: July 22, 2006, 06:45:00 pm »
Have no worries; I'm really looking forward to hearing what you've put together!

Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by nkotb:

Now, bring on Redsock's DAM festival so I can tear that to shreds before knowing fact one about it...

Please, let's not do that ok? [/b]

lack0fsurprise

« Reply #301 on: July 24, 2006, 07:18:00 pm »
Hey guys...new user here.

I felt this would be a good place to get some info on the fest. I've noticed a lot of ppl saying bands would possibly be playing at the same time. I've never attended a festival and was wondering....would they do that? I mean if I have to miss one band I love just to see the other one I love it would be highly disappointing. If that's the case then my ticket is going on sale.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #302 on: July 24, 2006, 08:22:00 pm »
They usually have 2 or more stages in a festival, so yeah, expect some of your favorites to play at the same time.

However, some festivals, like Austin City Limits, are smart enough as far as scheduling.
 For example, a crap band like Los Lonely Boys is playing at the same time as Thievery Corporation (a good band, IMO).

Originally posted by lack0fsurprise:
  Hey guys...new user here.

I felt this would be a good place to get some info on the fest. I've noticed a lot of ppl saying bands would possibly be playing at the same time. I've never attended a festival and was wondering....would they do that? I mean if I have to miss one band I love just to see the other one I love it would be highly disappointing. If that's the case then my ticket is going on sale.
(_|_)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #303 on: July 24, 2006, 08:48:00 pm »
If Seth does it anything like he did at Merriweather with Curiosa, he had it timed perfectly so that when one band stopped, the next started on the other stage. All of that worked perfectly; however, Pimilco is a bit bigger and I think there are more bands so I would expect some overlap.

Bags

« Reply #304 on: July 24, 2006, 11:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  Remind me why I need to "support" Seth? I'm willing to wager that he has enough $$ to support me, for a number of years.
I never said you needed to support Seth, I said for ME it's priceless to support him, the local scene, etc.  [It's akin to when I proclaim, "that jam band show would have been my nightmare."  Not a generic, irrefutable nightmare -- MY nightmare.]

And not Seth personally, as in helping pave his driveway or send his kids through private school, but for his efforts and dedication to bring good music to this area and keep us 'on the map' musically.

Yes, yes, he makes money, but I (and I think a lot of folks) see a passion to his work.

God knows I don't expect that you'd go out of your way to support anyone outside your own home.

Big huge summer festival in BALTIMORE?  Come on, that wasn't a no brainer by any stretch...

Bags

« Reply #305 on: July 24, 2006, 11:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by corporal clegg:

Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  Which is a better deal? Virgin Fest, 97.50 for one day, or Osheaga Fest in Montreal $80 Canadian (=$65 American?) for two days?
Considering I have to fly to Montreal, find a place to stay and eat out at restaurants, VF is by FAR the better deal.

And supporting Seth, IMP and the local scene: priceless. [/b]
but what if you lived in Nebraska? [/b]
Well, if you lived in Nebraska, B'more wouldn't be your local scene, now would it.  And you wouldn't know who the fuck Seth is, would you?  Hmmm, non issue for you in Nebraska.

Bags

« Reply #306 on: July 24, 2006, 11:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:

now go make me lots of money so I don't have to do shows like Nick Lachey for a living
Okay, THAT is priceless.  Generically.

Bags

« Reply #307 on: July 24, 2006, 11:40:00 pm »
You know what, this may be what motivates me to brave the 60,000.  What about a forum bus??  (Though I'm not sure how many of us there would be!!!)

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

Originally posted by callat703:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

For the DC area crowd, keep your eyes peeled for On Tap busses. I assume they will have as many as they can fill. In fact, for many of the Baltimore area fans, that would probably make your commute and parking issues even that much easier than ours considering how screwed up our public transportation is.
In the works, Jaguar.  In the works     :)    [/b]
i'd be all over this idea    :D    going there and back with a group of people and not having to worry about parking,etc  coolness... [/b]

SPARX

« Reply #308 on: July 24, 2006, 11:51:00 pm »
  You know what, this may be what motivates me to brave the 60,000.  What about a forum bus??  (Though I'm not sure how many of us there would be!!!)

Me: They'd probably give us the short bus    ;)  

Jag:
  going there and back with a group of people and not having to worry about parking,etc  coolness...
[/QB][/QUOTE]

I would totally dig this, although I'm coming East on 70.Make for a alot of good stories and a great time on the ride after the show.

sonickteam2

« Reply #309 on: July 25, 2006, 12:02:00 am »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Me: They'd probably give us the short bus     :)

sonickteam2

« Reply #310 on: July 26, 2006, 01:01:00 pm »
damn, Muse just got added to the Toronto show.  damnit, i wanted them to play HERE!!!!!!!

ifyouhavetoask

« Reply #311 on: July 26, 2006, 05:30:00 pm »
Im just coming in here so if this has been discussed sorry but will there be some sort of idea of what bands are playing at what times and does anyone know it there will be an area up front that is for the first to arrive?  I know they do this in Europe and when I saw the Chili Peppers in Vegas they had wrist bands for the first 1000 people or whatever to get up front.  Will there be something like this there?  In other words should I be there at 10:00 or can I arrive later??  Thanks for any answers.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2006, 05:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by corporal clegg:
  damn, Muse just got added to the Toronto show.  damnit, i wanted them to play HERE!!!!!!!
So did Phoenix...

jardison

« Reply #313 on: July 26, 2006, 10:41:00 pm »
Referring to a different post- "Lollapalooza Injustice"- will all the listed bands be performing on one stage?  Or do we have pick and choose between two different stages?  My hopes are that we do not have to choose between two different stages provided the gates open at 10pm.
 Thoughts???

Vas Deferens

« Reply #314 on: July 26, 2006, 11:19:00 pm »
you're gonna have to wait til the schedule is up...i am guessing there will be some overlap...

Originally posted by jardison:
  Referring to a different post- "Lollapalooza Injustice"- will all the listed bands be performing on one stage?  Or do we have pick and choose between two different stages?  My hopes are that we do not have to choose between two different stages provided the gates open at 10pm.
 Thoughts???
(_|_)