Author Topic: HEY SMACKIE!!!  (Read 16426 times)

Frank Gallagher

HEY SMACKIE!!!
« on: May 03, 2005, 05:44:00 pm »
It takes a very special football team to win a treble.  :D

Barcelona

Re: HEY SMACKIE!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 11:01:00 am »
Fuck Chelsea!!! So good to see Luis Garcia score the goal against them! I am so glad to see Mourinho out of the final.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 11:18:00 am »
Moron'ho is so arrogant he makes Sir Alex Ferguson seem humble. He's now bitching about the disputed goal. What was the other option? A penalty and red card for Czech, which with 96....or rather 108 minutes left to play, almost certainly 1-0 down as a result of the penalty, reduced to 10 men and second string goalie on the field, so even the goal was a call in Chelski's favour so early on in the match. I'd love to know how they came up with 6 minutes of injury time too.

AC Milan all the way baby!

Yank

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 02:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  Moron'ho is so arrogant he makes Sir Alex Ferguson seem humble. He's now bitching about the disputed goal. What was the other option? A penalty and red card for Czech, which with 96....or rather 108 minutes left to play, almost certainly 1-0 down as a result of the penalty, reduced to 10 men and second string goalie on the field, so even the goal was a call in Chelski's favour so early on in the match. I'd love to know how they came up with 6 minutes of injury time too.

AC Milan all the way baby!
You know Liverpool are going to do what United couldn't do....win the whole thing!  It's destiny mate!!!!!!

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 07:17:00 pm »
How great was that?  I have never rooted for Liverpool before, but yesterday was a no brainer.  I had to watch the game on my computer at work, but it still looked like a goal or a red card to me - I thought the goal was the lesser of two evils for Chelsea and was a bit upset about the call.  I would have much rather Liverpool had a man advantage against the back up keeper.  I have grown so tired of Mourinho.  

I pass the local football bar on my walk home and 4 hours later scousers were still dancing and singing in the pub!  Good for them.

And oh my, weren't AC Milan a bit lucky today!
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 05:53:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

I pass the local football bar on my walk home and 4 hours later scousers were still dancing and singing in the pub!  Good for them.

Bless em! They don't get much to celebrate about these days. I do hope Liverpool become a major force again so the Mancs and Scousers can fight it out for English football supremecy like the good old days, and leave the cockney twats as 'also rans' where they belong.

In my almost 45 years of being on this planet, Tuesday was the first time I ever wanted Liverpool to actually win a match, I doubt they can overcome AC Milan, and don't really want them to to be honest. I just hope Everton can keep the 4th spot, the pride of Merseyside.

As for chelski, with the League 'nobody gives a toss' cup as part of the treble, and not the FA Cup it would've been a Mickey Mouse treble anyway.....I don't begrudge them a spot of silverware every 50 years either.

Yank

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 01:46:00 pm »
The pride of Merseyside?  Now I know you're having a laugh!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 11:24:00 am »
Originally posted by Mr Dodgy Slapper:
Not at all.....4th in the premiership, been above the lesser scouse team since....what???? August?

Yank

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 11:40:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:

Originally posted by Mr Dodgy Slapper:
Not at all.....4th in the premiership, been above the lesser scouse team since....what???? August? [/b]
It'll take more than three points in the Premiership for Everton to be the pride of the city.  But United could well become the pride of Tampa Bay next year!  The Russians and the Yanks at that top of the Premiership....how much more British could you get?

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 07:46:00 pm »
What an unbelievable match.  Congrats to the one liverpool fan on the board - an amazing comeback!  

I'm sure you'll enjoy watching Everton in the Champions league next year.
27>34

Barcelona

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 08:13:00 pm »
Shit, incredible comeback, and against Milan AC! really happy for them.

Yank

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 02:06:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  What an unbelievable match.  Congrats to the one liverpool fan on the board - an amazing comeback!  

I'm sure you'll enjoy watching Everton in the Champions league next year.
Let's just see if the officals of the Champions League will let Liverpool defend their title next season!  It may not be fair, but there is serious talk about letting the Reds do so....should know in about two weeks time.  

Everton will have to qualify first and that will be an uphill battle.  

Viva LIVERPOOL!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 05:13:00 am »
Quit yer whingin...you get to keep the bloody trophy so there's nothing to 'defend',  ;)   it's a whole new trophy for United next season.

I just wonder how Gerrard will feel in his new blue kit next season? At least he'll be in the Champions League!!!!!

Congrats on a great comeback though....

brennser

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 09:08:00 am »
this is gonna sound like sour grapes, because, uhhhh, it is sour grapes

great game and great comeback but lets just say "lucky enough to win it this year, not good enough to defend it next year" - if they change the rules to let them in it will be a travesty

its kinda galling that a club thats been mired in such mediocrity for so long has the same number of champions leagues wins as United in the last 10 years....oh well, its a funny old game

but all my Pool supporting friends are ecstatic so I suppose that counts for somethign

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 09:13:00 am »
Actually scum have won it 5 times, which is why they get to keep the actual trophy. United have only won it twice. Now thats the travesty.

The champs league is certainly losing it's glamour though....a nothing team wins it last year and another nothing team scrapes it this year.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Penalty shoot-outs is just a bollocks way of deciding a tournament. After the 90 minutes they should just keep playing 15 minute periods till somebody scores, taking a player from each team for every period.....10 men for the 1st one, 9 for the second, 8 for the third etc etc.