Author Topic: blog backlash  (Read 20968 times)

HoyaSaxa03

blog backlash
« on: March 29, 2005, 01:01:00 pm »
DCist  DCeiver

thoughts?
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: blog backlash
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 01:07:00 pm »
i've already caused enough trouble so i'm staying out of this one....
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 01:10:00 pm »
The Bright Eyes/Faint show has been announced on their website -- with a link to the tickets.com page -- for a couple of weeks.  Presumedly, it was on their mailing list as well.

Giving those people a headstart on tickets before the general announcement sounds like a wonderful alternative to the presale clusterfuck.

The people bitching about it seem to be saying "I don't want to be bothered by checking websites or getting on mailing lists, I just want to reap the rewards."

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 01:14:00 pm »
an ggw orginial?  if so nicely put   :D
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 01:14:00 pm »
What's the big debate about?  Peter Denton is definitely a wanker, why debate it?
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 01:17:00 pm »
breaking my own rule..

basically it's a debate about wether or not all information should be freed instantly...

me i'm of the opinion that some information can be as easily be shared privately via email/im/phones as it can be posted on a blog
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 01:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  What's the big debate about?  Peter Denton is definitely a wanker, why debate it?
touche, smackie
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 01:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
 basically it's a debate about wether or not all information should be freed instantly...
I know, I was kidding.

Everytime the club tries to do something nice for the fans, people who are quicker to post to their blog than to think things through, ruin it for the fans.  It's amazing really.

All you naysayers, think about it for a second - why is the club doing this?  These shows are going to sell out anyway, so it's no benefit to the club to do this - it's a benefit to the fans.  Why can't you see that and embrace it instead of bitching about it?
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 01:37:00 pm »
does anybody else find the incestuous nature of all these dc blogs and forums really bizarre, and I am including myspace in this, kind of creeps me out

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 01:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by ratioci nation:
  does anybody else find the incestuous nature of all these dc blogs and forums really bizarre, and I am including myspace in this, kind of creeps me out
agreed.

i dont really follow all the blogs around here, but it seems like a soap opera, and not one i'm particularly interested in getting involved with ... myspace is another story altogether, that thing is just creepy ...
(o|o)

green door

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 01:43:00 pm »
What do the bands themselves think about this? Do they have a say or does the Club reserve the right to distribute tickets as it pleases?

green door

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
... and why aren't there any photos of the real Kosmo Vinyl? Just curious. Seems Mr. Vinyl is extremely camera shy.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 01:48:00 pm »
blogs have become a new way of networking with like mind people... the ist sites help make the networking a little more formal.  i like dcist.com, seeing as i don't bother reading the post, etc  there is good information to be found on the other dc blogs.  there are somethings that fustrate me about blogs, put they are meant to be personal opinions...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 01:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by green door:
  What do the bands themselves think about this? Do they have a say or does the Club reserve the right to distribute tickets as it pleases?
well seeing as there is a link from the saddle creek site, it would appear the artist approves of this method.  ggw's call on the benefits of quiet presale are spot on.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 01:49:00 pm »
The 9:30 Forum is my blog.
27>34