Author Topic: blog backlash  (Read 20805 times)

vansmack

Re: blog backlash
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 02:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

Originally posted by vansmack:
   Do you think these people would be bitching this much if it were in public?
I would (and still do) [/b]
You'll outgrow that.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2005, 02:41:00 pm »
  You'll outgrow that.
thanks, oh wizened sage.
(o|o)

pablohoney

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »
seeing as i was the one who wrote the original DCist thread, i figured i should say a couple of things here:

1. why is everybody freaking out? there are still tickets available, as far as i can tell. i presume by the time i had posted that information, most "real" fans had already bought their tickets.
 2. if there is really a concern about ticket scalping, maybe you shouldn't be able to buy 10 tickets at a time.
 3. i'm sorry, but i can't really stomach the thought that only certain people should be allowed to know the particulars about a show or sale, so as to not "ruin" it for the rest of the fans. who gets to decide who these people are? i didn't post the info to ruin the show for the "true" fans; i did it so as to let any DCist reader who happens to be a bright eyes fan but isn't super-clued into the internet know that they could get tickets.
 4. in regards to somebody on the forum calling blogs insular and creepy...pot, meet kettle. as far as the incestuous part, i have no idea where that's coming from.

-DCist catherine

Bags

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2005, 02:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by pablohoney:
 in regards to somebody on the forum calling blogs insular and creepy...pot, meet kettle
I don't think you'll find anyone here who disagrees!    ;)

vansmack

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2005, 03:00:00 pm »
  who gets to decide who these people are?
I do.  Where have you been?
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2005, 03:02:00 pm »
  thanks, oh wizened sage.
I'm just going to start referring to you as "Meat"
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2005, 03:02:00 pm »
  4. in regards to somebody on the forum calling blogs insular and creepy...pot, meet kettle.
1. in regards to somebody from dcist telling somebody on the forum an abbreviated version of an age old adage:

"that's what i was referring to ... it's very insular, very incestuous, and, like you said, a bit creepy ... but probably not any more so than this place ..."
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2005, 03:04:00 pm »

thanks, oh wizened sage.
I'm just going to start referring to you as "Meat" [/b]
you're creepy. and insular.
(o|o)

green door

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2005, 03:09:00 pm »
Two great tastes that taste great together.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2005, 03:10:00 pm »
I'm not freaking out about it... I was merely suggesting that bringing out the pratice into the open will lead to it being shutdown quicker.  I also did my usual crap job of defending my stance.
T.Rex

pablohoney

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »
okay. thanks for doing that interpol review, by the way.

additionally, i should note that whatever the DCeiver says on his own blog is in no way representative of DCist views. he does write for us once in a while, but his blog and what he does for DCist are very separate things. he can get abrasive at points, but i hope nobody takes it personally. i for one really enjoy my lurkage on the forum and don't want there to be any hard feelings.

4. in regards to somebody on the forum calling blogs insular and creepy...pot, meet kettle.
1. in regards to somebody from dcist telling somebody on the forum an abbreviated version of an age old adage:

"that's what i was referring to ... it's very insular, very incestuous, and, like you said, a bit creepy ... but probably not any more so than this place ..." [/b]

ratioci nation

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
  seeing as i was the one who wrote the original DCist thread, i figured i should say a couple of things here:

1. why is everybody freaking out? there are still tickets available, as far as i can tell. i presume by the time i had posted that information, most "real" fans had already bought their tickets.
 2. if there is really a concern about ticket scalping, maybe you shouldn't be able to buy 10 tickets at a time.
 3. i'm sorry, but i can't really stomach the thought that only certain people should be allowed to know the particulars about a show or sale, so as to not "ruin" it for the rest of the fans. who gets to decide who these people are? i didn't post the info to ruin the show for the "true" fans; i did it so as to let any DCist reader who happens to be a bright eyes fan but isn't super-clued into the internet know that they could get tickets.
 4. in regards to somebody on the forum calling blogs insular and creepy...pot, meet kettle. as far as the incestuous part, i have no idea where that's coming from.

-DCist catherine
so is it catherine, pablo honey or kettle?

vansmack

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2005, 03:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by ratioci nation:
And why do you only capitalize the DC in DCist and not capitalize anything else?
27>34

pablohoney

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
i answer to many names...we capitalize DCist because, well, it's part of the city name branding stuff from the gothamist.com site (which is from nyc and publishes all the other -ist sites). they've also got SFist (san fran), bostonist, etc. i personally wanted capitalist.com but they went with DCist. which unfortunately many people read as desist.

Originally posted by ratioci nation:
And why do you only capitalize the DC in DCist and not capitalize anything else? [/b]

vansmack

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 03:48:00 pm »
  we capitalize DCist because, well, it's part of the city name branding stuff from the gothamist.com site  
So licensing agreements get you to use capitalization but well established rules of grammar are out of your realm of rules to follow.  I find that fascinating.
27>34