Author Topic: Broken Social Scene roll call  (Read 5343 times)

lukiedookie89

Broken Social Scene roll call
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:06:00 pm »
I'll be at the Sonar show tomorrow night, I can't wait!  Who else is checkin' them out this time around?

I Dare

Re: Broken Social Scene roll call
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 10:30:00 pm »
i'll be there as well.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 11:09:00 pm »
i'll be at the 930 show on tuesday.  it's a rock'n'roll week for me, 3 bands in 3 days (DCFC, BSS, Primus) - woohoo.

<self-plug> i've still have box tickets for the tuesday DCFC show, now available below cost... </plug>
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 12:59:00 am »
I'll be at the Tuesday show at the 930.

Amy Millan will NOT be at either the Sonar or 930 show. Amy's last show with BSS was in Alabama. Looks like we are getting Lisa Lobsinger as the female vocalist.
(_|_)

I Dare

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:10:00 pm »
does haines tour with them anymore?

xcanuck

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 01:58:00 pm »
Haines is getting ready to tour behind her solo album which came out about a month ago. Amy is rehearsing for her own solo tour which starts in just over a week. So we're stuck with Lobsinger, who is about as interesting to watch as mold.

Regardless, I'll be at Sonar and 9:30.

akaash

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 05:27:00 pm »
Any chance of feist being there?

I Dare

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 06:40:00 pm »
saw the vid from the houston show and it didn't look like she was.
 last time they played @ 9:30 she opened with her solo stuff.

kmb187

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 10:04:00 pm »
Feist's busy recording her next album.

I'm optimistic about Lisa. I've been pretty hard on her in the past, but I'm hopeful it won't be so bad. People who've seen them since Amy left have been giving positive reviews, while the early reviews weren't too good. So hopefully Lisa won't be TOO bad.

Emily/Metric are busy in Europe at the moment.

lukiedookie89

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 03:22:00 am »
Just got back from Sonar...amazing show.  The band was spot-on the entire set.  And they played for two hours!  I really wish I was going to the 9:30 show as well.

xcanuck

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 10:13:00 am »
Saw the show last night at Sonar. The band was in good shape, though Lisa Lobsinger can't sing her way out of a paper bag and has all the stage presence of  roadkill. She ruined virtually every song she took the lead on, which thankfully wasn't too often. I think it was pretty obvious that there isn't alot of faith in her talents. Kevin Drew sang all of Amy's parts during Bandwitch while Lobsinger stood around counting ceiling tiles. She must be blowing the entire band. I can't understand why she's on stage. Just club her like a fucking baby seal.

We got a sped up version of It's All Gonna Break ("only" 11 mins long). All the songs that you'd expect, plus Jason Collett leading the band in "I'll Bring The Sun" from his solo release.

Apart from the lack of (good) female vocals, it was a great show. Enjoy them while you can.

kmb187

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 11:54:00 am »
Oh god, a Collett song! I hope they do it tonight, as I'll be missing him with Sam Roberts.

That said, I'll be at 9:30 tonight. HOPEFULLY early enough to get a good spot. (Damn being short.)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 11:56:00 am »
How many trumpet players were there last nite??
(_|_)

amnesiac

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 12:21:00 pm »
I'll be there tonight. Their last 9:30 show was amazing. I think they played for almost 2.5 hours. So a warning to those taking the metro: you might have to skip out of the show early.

BookerT

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 12:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Joe M.:
  How many trumpet players were there last nite??
this sounds like it could be a set up for a good, maybe dirty, joke.

doesn't anyone get pissed at BSS and some of these other canadian collective bands that get popular based on a certain lineup, then everyone farms out and starts doing their own thing but the band keeps touring, jacking up the ticket prices, but without all of the key members? seems lame to me. also, i think BSS are just terrible, so maybe it's just me. but i'm pretty sure rhett and i are the only ones that feel that way on here.