Author Topic: DC Area Voters  (Read 142368 times)

ratioci nation

Re: DC Area Voters
« Reply #525 on: March 11, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  i wouldn't know anything about that. . the past week or so has been enjoyable reading from my side.
the Ron Paul side? I fail to see how you could be on McCain's side

Venerable Bede

« Reply #526 on: March 11, 2008, 02:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  i wouldn't know anything about that. . the past week or so has been enjoyable reading from my side.
the Ron Paul side? I fail to see how you could be on McCain's side [/b]
definately not a paul supporter, his position on trade is a deal-breaker for me.  needless to say, having the nafta issue come up was enjoyable for me to watch.
OU812

« Reply #527 on: March 11, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »
You know, they make a big deal about Obama being black and Clinton being a woman.

But what they seem to forget is that Obama is half white by birth and pretty much all white by upbringing. And for all intentional purposes, Hillary is a man.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #528 on: March 18, 2008, 10:27:00 am »
Hey Obama supporters....even more 'sheepish' than usual right now huh???

manimtired

« Reply #529 on: March 18, 2008, 10:48:00 am »
im interested to see how obama talks his way out of the pastor situation...oof.

ratioci nation

« Reply #530 on: March 18, 2008, 11:35:00 am »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
huh, I feel pretty ashamed right now, but not of Obama, head out and read what people say in response to his speech today and to the pastor shit, to try and deny racism isnt a huge problem in this country after reading what people say when they can hide behind the internet is an outright lie

Sage 703

« Reply #531 on: March 18, 2008, 11:41:00 am »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
Not at all.  I feel more proud of my candidate than I have throughout the campaign.  His speech from this morning was one of the more inspiring things I've heard from him yet.

manimtired

« Reply #532 on: March 18, 2008, 11:43:00 am »
do you honestly believe obama, after 20 years, had never heard any of the inflamatory stuff this guy said?  this is what obama has claimed.

ratioci nation

« Reply #533 on: March 18, 2008, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  do you honestly believe obama, after 20 years, had never heard any of the inflamatory stuff this guy said?  this is what obama has claimed.
he said this morning he did hear controversial stuff, what he said before was that he had not heard those specific statements regarding 9/11

Sage 703

« Reply #534 on: March 18, 2008, 11:47:00 am »
No, its not.  From Obama's speech less than an hour ago:

"On one end of the spectrum, we've heard the implication that my candidacy is somehow an exercise in affirmative action; that it's based solely on the desire of wide-eyed liberals to purchase racial reconciliation on the cheap. On the other end, we've heard my former pastor, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, use incendiary language to express views that have the potential not only to widen the racial divide, but views that denigrate both the greatness and the goodness of our nation; that rightly offend white and black alike.

I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely, just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed."

Go read it:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashos.htm

ratioci nation

« Reply #535 on: March 18, 2008, 11:48:00 am »
oh AND WHO THE FUCK CARES what he heard in church

manimtired

« Reply #536 on: March 18, 2008, 11:51:00 am »
im sure if mccain or whoever had a pastor who married him, baptized his kids and was his mentor - as he's claimed, spouted off stuff like this you'd say "WHO CARES" ...lol

Sage 703

« Reply #537 on: March 18, 2008, 11:54:00 am »
  im sure if mccain or whoever had a pastor who married him, baptized his kids and was his mentor - as he's claimed, spouted off stuff like this you'd say "WHO CARES" ...lol
Just go read his speech.

manimtired

« Reply #538 on: March 18, 2008, 11:56:00 am »
Originally posted by callat703:

Just go read his speech. [/b]
i dont need to go read a prepared speech that he gave to backpedal out of the situation. hope change unity...did he mention that we deserved 9/11 and that the government created AIDS to kill black people?

Sage 703

« Reply #539 on: March 18, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »

Originally posted by callat703:

Just go read his speech. [/b]
i dont need to go read a prepared speech that he gave to backpedal out of the situation. [/b]
Fine, then don't read it.  Read what Andrew Sullivan had to say about it:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/03/the-speech.html

The Speech

18 Mar 2008 11:32 am

Alas, I cannot give a more considered response right now as I have to get on the road. But I do want to say that this searing, nuanced, gut-wrenching, loyal, and deeply, deeply Christian speech is the most honest speech on race in America in my adult lifetime. It is a speech we have all been waiting for for a generation. Its ability to embrace both the legitimate fears and resentments of whites and the understandable anger and dashed hopes of many blacks was, in my view, unique in recent American history.

And it was a reflection of faith - deep, hopeful, transcending faith in the promises of the Gospels. And it was about America - its unique promise, its historic purpose, and our duty to take up the burden to perfect this union - today, in our time, in our way.

I have never felt more convinced that this man's candidacy - not this man, his candidacy - and what he can bring us to achieve - is an historic opportunity. This was a testing; and he did not merely pass it by uttering safe bromides. He addressed the intimate, painful love he has for an imperfect and sometimes embittered man. And how that love enables him to see that man's faults and pain as well as his promise. This is what my faith is about. It is what the Gospels are about. This is a candidate who does not merely speak as a Christian. He acts like a Christian.

Bill Clinton once said that everything bad in America can be rectified by what is good in America. He was right - and Obama takes that to a new level. And does it with the deepest darkest wound in this country's history.

I love this country. I don't remember loving it or hoping more from it than today.