Author Topic: Did you vote?  (Read 12278 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Did you vote?
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:00:00 am »
I know some of you won't.  Fess up.  If it's becuase you're a convicted felon spare us the jailhouse boasting.

I voted.  Good long lines at my polling place.  Much longer than the ones for last year's gubernatorial race in VA.

Re: Did you vote?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 11:05:00 am »
No lines at all at my polling place. Hopefully George Allen is on the way out.

ratioci nation

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 11:08:00 am »
last week, woo hoo Oregon vote by mail

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 11:09:00 am »
Obviously long lines in Arlington = bad for Allen.

Does Springfield tend to lean to the GOP?  Based on your report I'm hoping so.

One really wierd thing....You know how they break things into two lines, the a-k's and the l-z's?  The l-z line was nearly empty the whole time.  Conspiracy????  I think I saw some strange square clouds on my way to the highschool too......

tigersscareme

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 11:10:00 am »
bill o'reiley was on the today show yesteday saying he anticipated a lower-than-average turnout of 35%.

i hope we prove him wrong. if for no other reason to tick him off.

or maybe his people prove him right.

whatever- just go vote.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 11:12:00 am »
I'm not sure. Certainly more GOP than Arlington. If signs in front of peoples houses are any indication, I'd say yes. There are never any lines at my polling place though. Maybe it's because we get there relatively late (7:45 am).

Originally posted by Señor Carlos:
  Obviously long lines in Arlington = bad for Allen.

Does Springfield tend to lean to the GOP?  Based on your report I'm hoping so.

BookerT

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 11:12:00 am »
leaving work at 330, should be a good time to hit the polls. i'm so psyched to vote for webb, even though it means going against a member of the tribe. allen really is the worst. "bush without the brains," right? hope the daily show/colbert tandem will be entertaining. i remember how depressed stewart was in 2k4, that wasn't much fun.

Sir HC

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 11:18:00 am »
Going at lunch.

crevers

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 11:18:00 am »
 Good long lines at my polling place.
That's why I'm voting this afternoon.  Shorter lines.  Apparently one of the Arlington voting sites was on national TV this morning showing long lines (according to my lil sis in Ohio).

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 11:29:00 am »
voted in florida!  i wonder how long i can keep that up =)
(o|o)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 11:29:00 am »
very short lines in NYC (around Hells Kitchen) and antiquated machines. worst thing, i know more about the virginians running than new yorkers. oh well.

as posted on another thread - perhaps its more of use here.

Election Protection - You have the Right To Vote!

Feel free to circulate this wherever it might be needed.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: CONTACT: Marjorie Press Lindblom
 November 3, 2006 (212) 446-4868 ?? Kirkland & Ellis call center; Victoria Bjorklund (212) 455-2875 ?? Simpson Thacher call center; or Josh Epstein (212) 575-4545 ?? Proskauer Rose call center

FOUR DAYS TO ELECTION DAY

Election Protection Coalition Launches Hotline to Protect, Educate & Assist Voters

(New York, NY) - With less than one week to go before Election Day 2006, the Election Protection Coalition will launch the 1-866-OUR-VOTE voter assistance hotline in three locations in New York City starting Monday, November 6th. 1-866-OUR-VOTE is the only voter assistance hotline staffed by live call center operators trained to provide state specific assistance to all voters. Election Protection targets historically disenfranchised communities, including Hispanic, African-American and low-income areas, by providing these voters with key information and advice.

Trained volunteers will staff the hotline by providing immediate, state specific assistance to callers. Call center operators will inform voters of their rights and solve problems on issues such as voter identification requirements, voting machine malfunctions, problems at polling places, and voter intimidation. In addition, volunteers will be on the ground monitoring selected polling places and will be available to intervene in person or place telephone calls to the appropriate election official.

The three New York City call centers will have over 200 volunteers answering 60 telephone lines available to hotline callers across the nation. The call centers will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST.

??The goal of Election Protection is to help every voter cast a ballot that will count,? said Marjorie Press
 Lindblom, a partner in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. ??Voters must have faith in our electoral system and we are committed to ensuring that their rights are protected and their voices are heard.?

Election Protection??s database, the Election Incident Reporting System, will record voters?? calls and allow volunteers to track the calls in real time and take appropriate action if necessary. The database has been used in the past to support the coalition??s efforts in lawsuits across the country to advocate for voter rights.

??The information we receive from the hotline will allow us to quickly notify our partners on the ground of any particular concerns,? said Victoria Bjorklund, a partner in the New York office of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP. ??The Election Protection hotline and database will work to ensure that voters are provided with solutions should they face any obstacles in exercising their right to vote.?
 ??Every individual??s right to vote is invaluable and Election Protection is designed to protect that,? said Scott Harshbarger, senior counsel at Proskauer Rose and former Massachusetts Attorney General. ??This coalition will help to ensure that every eligible voter has the opportunity to cast their ballot and make their vote count.?
 Election Protection is the nation??s most ambitious non-partisan program for preventing Election Day disenfranchisement. The coalition of state and national allies seeks to ensure that every eligible voter casts a ballot that counts on Election Day.
 # # #
HeyLa

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 11:49:00 am »
Hell yeah.  I voted before coming to work.

terry

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 11:52:00 am »
  One really wierd thing....You know how they break things into two lines, the a-k's and the l-z's?  The l-z line was nearly empty the whole time.  Conspiracy????  I think I saw some strange square clouds on my way to the highschool too......
Voted this morning. Good long line in my Alexandrian neck 'o the woods.

Funny you should mentioned the L-Z scenario, same thing happened to me. I was at the back of the line but had all A-Ks in front of me. Being an L-Z, when they called out that part of alphabet I got to walk right up. What could have been a long wait ended up being only a few minutes. So either we don't vote or we vote in the afternoon.

terry

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 11:56:00 am »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  very short lines in NYC (around Hells Kitchen) and antiquated machines. # # #
Hell's Kitchen? That's were The Daily Show studios are. Did you see any roving correspondents? Can't wait to see their coverage tonight. YIP!

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 11:57:00 am »
i cant vote, yet. but i expect to be voting like a real american in 2008!!!!  :)

lets hope Ehrlich is out the door and the Dems get the House back!

i love election day!