Author Topic: Did you vote?  (Read 12282 times)

Venerable Bede

Re: Did you vote?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2006, 03:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  voted this morning. the line at starbucks was longer than the line to vote (yes, my voting place is in a starbucks).
What time did you get there?  I must have just missed you.  

Did you get a doublepumpfrapalattemochachino? [/b]
got there around. . .8:15 or so.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2006, 04:09:00 pm »
  there around. . .8:15 or so.
Yep, just missed you: 8:25.

By the way, nearly 50% of CA voters vote absentee.  A slightly higher percentage drink coffee.
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2006, 04:15:00 pm »

there around. . .8:15 or so.
Yep, just missed you: 8:25.

By the way, nearly 50% of CA voters vote absentee.  A slightly higher percentage drink coffee. [/b]
8:25?  we had just left- wife had problems cause she didn't know if she did the motor voter registration (she wasn't on the voter rolls).

50% of california voters?  oh, you mean of those who voted, cause california will barely break 50% voting turnout total, including absentee.

there are more starbucks in s.f. than mcdonalds, wendys and burger king's, combined.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2006, 04:25:00 pm »
  50% of california voters?  oh, you mean of those who voted, cause california will barely break 50% voting turnout total, including absentee.
Sorry, yes, I meant 50% of those who actually vote, and I'd be shocked if we got even a 50% turnout of registered voters this year.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2006, 04:34:00 pm »
  there are more starbucks in s.f. than mcdonalds, wendys and burger king's, combined.
Fast-food Zoning restrictions and a clever formula business ordinace are to blame/thank for that.
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2006, 05:03:00 pm »
 Inaccurate sample ballots describing Republican Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. and Senate candidate Michael S. Steele as Democrats were handed out to voters in at least four polling sites in Prince George's County this morning.

The ballots were handed out by people who said they arrived by buses this morning from Pennsylvania and Delaware.

Erik Markle, one of the people handing out literature for Ehrlich, who is seeking reelection, and Steele, the current lieutenant governor who is campaigning to replace retiring Sen. Paul Sarbanes (D), said he was recruited at a homeless shelter in Philadelphia.

After a two-hour bus ride to Maryland, Markle said the workers were greeted early this morning by first lady Kendel Ehrlich, who thanked them as they were outfitted in T-shirts and hats with the logo for Ehrlich's reelection campaign. Nearly all of those recruited, Markle said, are poor and black. Workers traveled to Maryland in at least seven large buses.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2006, 05:16:00 pm »
yes, lines were not long in reston. poll workers said it was nuts earlier, though
o/\o

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2006, 05:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Surly Bonds:
  I think speaking English should be a requisite for voting.
big surprise there   :roll:
(o|o)

terry

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Inaccurate sample ballots describing Republican Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. and Senate candidate Michael S. Steele as Democrats were handed out to voters in at least four polling sites in Prince George's County this morning.

The ballots were handed out by people who said they arrived by buses this morning from Pennsylvania and Delaware.

Erik Markle, one of the people handing out literature for Ehrlich, who is seeking reelection, and Steele, the current lieutenant governor who is campaigning to replace retiring Sen. Paul Sarbanes (D), said he was recruited at a homeless shelter in Philadelphia.

After a two-hour bus ride to Maryland, Markle said the workers were greeted early this morning by first lady Kendel Ehrlich, who thanked them as they were outfitted in T-shirts and hats with the logo for Ehrlich's reelection campaign. Nearly all of those recruited, Markle said, are poor and black. Workers traveled to Maryland in at least seven large buses.
[/b]
Where did this article come from? Please tell me this is a joke. Please, please tell me this did not actually happen.

ratioci nation

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2006, 05:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by terry:
  Where did this article come from? Please tell me this is a joke. Please, please tell me this did not actually happen.
i got it from dailykos.com who got it from national journal's hotline

terry

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2006, 06:01:00 pm »

i got it from dailykos.com who got it from national journal's hotline [/b]
Now it's on the Post's web site. Beautiful.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2006, 06:01:00 pm »
what's wrong with bringing in workers from another state?  i'm sure the democrats and unions have never, ever, ever done that before.
OU812

I Dare

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2006, 06:11:00 pm »
I voted for Paul R. Nelson.

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2006, 06:12:00 pm »

[/b]
Kendel was also handing out little vials of free crack and a voucher good for a free happy ending at the Snappy Hands massage parlor.

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2006, 06:15:00 pm »

Originally posted by Surly Bonds:
   I think speaking English should be a requisite for voting.
Your ballot wasn't printed in more than one language? [/b]
One of the referendums was written in Espanol only.  I think the Spanish -language phrase "Select 'Si' if you want to reconquer the Gringos" was in the boilerplate.