Author Topic: Did you vote?  (Read 12281 times)

alex

Re: Did you vote?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 12:03:00 pm »
I registered to vote in the state of Maryland when I got my drivers license and vehicle title at the MVA, and was told I'd have my info in the mail within 10 days.  17 days later, still nothing.  I don't know if my registration went through, I have no idea where the polling stations are, and the Prince Georges County Board of Elections website has been curiously down all morning.

I'M BEING SUPRSSED DAMNIT

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 12:05:00 pm »
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 12:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by terry:

Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  very short lines in NYC (around Hells Kitchen) and antiquated machines. # # #
Hell's Kitchen? That's were The Daily Show studios are. Did you see any roving correspondents? Can't wait to see their coverage tonight. YIP! [/b]
Daily Show Studios are right around the corner from where I live. Didn't see any correspondents there, but I voted a bit later (near 9am). Maybe earlier in the morning or I'm betting they went to other locations.
HeyLa

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 12:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Alex:
  I registered to vote in the state of Maryland when I got my drivers license and vehicle title at the MVA, and was told I'd have my info in the mail within 10 days.  17 days later, still nothing.  I don't know if my registration went through, I have no idea where the polling stations are, and the Prince Georges County Board of Elections website has been curiously down all morning.

http://www.vote411.org/pollingplacebystate.php

That will you tell where to vote.

If you have other questions call, 1-866-OUR-VOTE is the only voter assistance hotline staffed by live call center operators trained to provide state specific assistance to all voters.

there are over 200 attorneys/partners at STB who are answering calls with over 60 lines. I would suggest giving them a call as it might save you a lot of time.
HeyLa

alex

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 12:26:00 pm »
Meh, I just found out the deadline was October 17th...so it's my own fault.

One less vote for Bob and Ben!

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 12:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Alex:

Click here!

go here and enter your name and other info, it should come up with your polling place and such.

if your name doesnt come up, perhaps your registration didnt work.

Sir HC

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 12:54:00 pm »
So mom spent 20 minutes doing a vote.  They had hosed up machines and how it was supposed to work where they print a receipt then you vote, but the receipts wouldn't print.  Then she had to fill out a provisional ballot and that took like 20 minutes and was a big pain in the a$$.  She nearly left in disgust as it was way too much trouble.

alex

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 01:13:00 pm »
Click here!

go here and enter your name and other info, it should come up with your polling place and such.

if your name doesnt come up, perhaps your registration didnt work. [/QB]
Yeah, I didn't register in time, because it's not coming up.  Technically I guess that means I can still go back to my hometown in Virginia and vote for Webb!

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 03:36:00 pm »
There was an Hispanic lady with broken English just ahead of me in line.  She had an obvious "Anchor Baby" tot in tow.  I think speaking English should be a requisite for voting.

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 03:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  So mom spent 20 minutes doing a vote.  They had hosed up machines and how it was supposed to work where they print a receipt then you vote, but the receipts wouldn't print.  Then she had to fill out a provisional ballot and that took like 20 minutes and was a big pain in the a$$.  She nearly left in disgust as it was way too much trouble.
When I was voting today on the touch screen, all of a sudden the picture went blank for just a coupla seconds and when it came back I saw Super Mario at the bottom of the screen for just an instant.  What does it mean?

ggw

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 03:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Surly Bonds:
 When I was voting today on the touch screen, all of a sudden the picture went blank for just a coupla seconds and when it came back I saw Super Mario at the bottom of the screen for just an instant.  What does it mean?
The plumbers' union hacked your voting machine.

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 03:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Surly Bonds:
   I think speaking English should be a requisite for voting.
Your ballot wasn't printed in more than one language?
27>34

pj

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 03:47:00 pm »
Voted this morning for the first time in person. Have alway done absentee in the past.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 03:51:00 pm »
voted this morning. the line at starbucks was longer than the line to vote (yes, my voting place is in a starbucks).
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 03:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  voted this morning. the line at starbucks was longer than the line to vote (yes, my voting place is in a starbucks).
What time did you get there?  I must have just missed you.  

Did you get a doublepumpfrapalattemochachino?
27>34