Author Topic: Did you vote?  (Read 12277 times)

Sir HC

Re: Did you vote?
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2006, 06:19:00 pm »
I got to vote with the candidate with the greatest name:

http://www.calvinballteam.com/

If you are not for calvinball you must be against fun.

vansmack

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2006, 06:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  what's wrong with bringing in workers from another state?  i'm sure the democrats and unions have never, ever, ever done that before.
I think it was what they were doing (misrepresenting) and where they were doing it - near a polling station.
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2006, 06:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

what's wrong with bringing in workers from another state?  i'm sure the democrats and unions have never, ever, ever done that before.
I think it was what they were doing (misrepresenting) and where they were doing it - near a polling station. [/b]
please define "near"?  in california, for example, it's what, 100 feet from the door of a polling station?  on the bus this morning, i saw a person waving a vote for chris daly poster "near" a polling station- course, being a daly supporter, i'm not surprised.

when i was in d.c., i remember getting fliers from tommy wells supporters asking to vote for him, also "near" a polling station.

i won't argue the point about misrepresentation (other than, like that's never happened before).
OU812

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2006, 06:36:00 pm »
Voted at lunch in Colorado.  Yes for marijuana.

Sir HC

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2006, 06:41:00 pm »

Originally posted by vansmack:

I think it was what they were doing (misrepresenting) and where they were doing it - near a polling station. [/b]
please define "near"?  in california, for example, it's what, 100 feet from the door of a polling station?  on the bus this morning, i saw a person waving a vote for chris daly poster "near" a polling station- course, being a daly supporter, i'm not surprised.

when i was in d.c., i remember getting fliers from tommy wells supporters asking to vote for him, also "near" a polling station.

i won't argue the point about misrepresentation (other than, like that's never happened before). [/b]
Where I voted in Maryland they have signs giving saying no electioneering closer than here.

vansmack

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2006, 07:29:00 pm »
I do like that they had to go to Philly to recruit homeless African Americans.  Lord knows the homeless African Americans in DC and MD would never help him out!
27>34

terry

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2006, 08:21:00 pm »

Originally posted by terry:
  Where did this article come from? Please tell me this is a joke. Please, please tell me this did not actually happen.
what's wrong with bringing in workers from another state?  i'm sure the democrats and unions have never, ever, ever done that before. [/b]
I have no problems with that. I take issue with them handing out sample ballots with the Republican candidates listed as Democrats.

vansmack

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2006, 08:49:00 pm »
Kentucky poll worker arrested after scuffle

FRANKFORT, Ky. (CNN) -- An unnamed poll worker at a Jefferson County polling location was arrested and charged with assault Tuesday after a scuffle, according to authorities.

The poll worker allegedly choked a voter and pushed him out the door of a polling location.

Apparently, the pollworker insisted that the man vote on judicial races. He allegedly refused to vote on that protion of the ballot because of limited knowledge about those races, said Les Fugate of the Kentucky Board of Elections. (Posted 3:44 p.m.)
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2006, 09:00:00 pm »
Part of the Steele Army

sonickteam2

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2006, 09:05:00 pm »
what about the Goode/Weed battle going on in Virginia??  makes me hungry!

bearman🐻

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2006, 01:13:00 am »
Dems take the House...this makes the past 14 years seem like a REALLY long, bad nightmare. Time to crank up some punk rock. Fuck those asshole Republicans.

Summerteeth

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2006, 01:25:00 am »
The hiring of Philadelphia pollsters is done by both parties in recent history.

Check out the documentary "Street Fight" for an example of Democrats doing it in a Newark mayoral race.

Barcelona

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2006, 01:25:00 am »
I have never been to Richmond, but it is becoming my favorite city in the US. 72% for Webb.

alex

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2006, 01:27:00 am »
so it looks as if there is a real possibility that allen lost virginia

insanity

Reod Dai

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2006, 06:08:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  I got to vote with the candidate with the greatest name:

http://www.calvinballteam.com/

If you are not for calvinball you must be against fun.
Rule change!  Everyone start hopping on one foot!  You can only stop after getting bonked with the Calvin Ball!  :)

You bet your ass I voted.  I proudly helped kick Santorum out on his ass.

You Virginians better not let us down.  I'll be pissed if Allen ends up winning.