Author Topic: any news on hfstival this year?  (Read 73183 times)

ggw

Re: any news on hfstival this year?
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2002, 03:41:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sarcastro<BR><B>hmmmmmm, I would rather hold on to my money and not have to sit through bands that I can't stand. That seems pretty silly to me.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Look at last year's Reading Festival - I would pay for and be willing to sit through System of a Down, Papa Roach, Eminem and Marilyn Manson to be able to see Ash, The Cult, Feeder, Iggy Pop, Supergrass, Nebula and PJ Harvey, etc...  Its a trade-off.  I can't recall who played the '99 Hfstival, but apparently I wanted to see someone, and if the $25 ticket price also included Limp Bizkit, so be it.

stpmattb

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2002, 03:43:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguar:<BR><B>Yeah Matt? I'm not an STP fan but would still LOVE to hear your stories. Make sure that you keep in touch with us or come back and spill your guts. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Will do.  This is my second time out with them I had a fun 3 weeks with them during the Family Values Tour.  

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2002, 03:43:00 pm »
Thirsty, I never did find my Maude. I had to "settle" for one who is five years younger. So I'm the corpse, relatively speaking.

thirsty moore

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2002, 03:44:00 pm »
Either way, you're happy, and the movie is excellent.

andyrichter

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2002, 03:56:00 pm »
hfstival it was i believe close to $45 last year, so you're right stpmatt, $50 is not out of the question. and no doubt there's probably going to be a good chance p.o.d. co-headlines this year.  i think i'm too old for this.  little girls flashing their "breasts", football player jocks fighting, i mean, "moshing" to the bizkit, "show me your tits" chants from loser pimple faced teens looking for a feel, $4 for water, and most importantly(and that's why we all frown upon hfs) the shit "alternative" rock bands(boy don't i know how to use them quotations)

Sir HC

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2002, 04:10:00 pm »
I still listen to a lot of music I got into as a highschooler (15+ years ago now), I guess I had good taste.  No seriously, I went to HFStival when Chemical Brothers headlined and it sucked.  They were rioting on the field since they barracaded a section of grass and people just kept trying to go through until chaos ensued.  I guess I am too old for the senseless destruction.  Left before the Chemical Brothers came on to go to free beer at the Baltimore Brewing Company.  Saw the Bro's at the 9:30 that week, they were great there.

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2002, 04:15:00 pm »
Ok, I'll admit it, I went to one HFS Fest. Can't remember the year (94 maybe?) I just remember INXS was one of the crap bands playing. I don't even remember who the bands were that I liked. I do remember the sound being so bad where I was sitting, you couldn't understand a word of the music. And seeing any band in a stadium is a waste of time. As I said, stadiums were made for sports, not concerts.

stpmattb

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2002, 04:17:00 pm »
I think this is the first time in a LONG time we have all pretty much had the same opinion on something...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2002, 04:20:00 pm »
LOL! You're RIGHT! And when we don't, we're being nice about it.  

angelml

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2002, 04:24:00 pm »
have fun matt!!!  i want to hear stories too  

mankie

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2002, 04:58:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by andyrichter:<BR><B>hfstival it was i believe close to $45 last year, so you're right stpmatt, $50 is not out of the question.)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Fifty friggin bucks...what the hell happened to the "12 bands, 12 bucks" they used to brag about. My, my...we used to get 12 pretty good bands for 12 bucks, now it's 50 smackers for a pile of dung these days...okay, now I'm scaring myself, I'm beginning to sound like my parents.<BR>

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2002, 05:06:00 pm »
Even scarier, Mankie, you're beginning to sound like me. The kids aint gonna have any moeny left over after buying their tix...they'll have to make their own t-shirts.

Jaguar

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2002, 05:14:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by andyrichter:<BR><B>i think i'm too old for this. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think this is scarier. And Andy R. is ONLY 21!!!<P>

Sir HC

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2002, 05:28:00 pm »
I swear that it used to be like $5.  Super cheap.  That made it worth going to for 1 or 2 bands.  Had to go one year to see Velocity Girl play in RFK.  They did a great set.  Left before INXS came on stage (it rained too).  That year they had Mathew Sweet, Iggy, and other great acts.

Jaguar

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2002, 05:33:00 pm »
I thought that they were something $.99! Could be wrong. I've never been to an HFStival. Hard to say. I know a lot of their early shows only cost $.99. In fact, the earliest shows were FREE! This was back when they had them in places like Glenn Echo Park. Of course, I'm kind of confusing them with the free shows put on by WGTB, but HFS had them too.