Author Topic: Good things boardies have given you?  (Read 11333 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Good things boardies have given you?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 03:55:32 pm »
i'm surprised julian hasn't said "you be betty: a blowjob" yet.
I would never do any such thing. Sullying a young ladies' character with fallacious fallatio fables would be very un-Julian Americany.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:59:49 pm by Julian, Certified WEBLEBRITY »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 05:33:00 am »
I got a free Mars Volta ticket from someone... I totally forgot who though.

I also got my own essay done by Jewlion.

And other random stuff that I would remember but all the messages got deleted.

MV ticket may have been from me and my friend Kim.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 05:46:41 am »
Thank to Josh, Dave, Nick, and God knows who all else who took care of things the night the drunk fuck threw Kim to the floor upstairs.  (AKA the night Kim started a bar fight.)  I have never seen so many people react so damn quickly to help someone in trouble.  A big thank you to all involved staph and customers alike.

In addition, I want to publicly once more thank the entire 930 family from top to bottom for how they treat their guests each night.  I am 53 years old and growing up I lived in your typical dysfunctional American middle class family.  Fortunately, my dad and I have become a lot closer over the last few years.  More than a handful of occasions that we have had time to just be together and hang out being friends have been events at the club.  Justin, Jennifer, and most of the other bar keeps know Kim and me well from over the years, but my dad just started visiting there 2-3 years back.  The very first night we came there, as I introduced him to folks, he was treated as if he were a long lost family member who everyone was happy to have back home.  People went way out of their way to show him a fantastic night and y'all made it look like I was someone special or something.  He loves the club and asks me frequently who all is coming that way so we can attend more shows.  We hit the Loretta Lynn show just recently and it was great.  My dad just recovered from prostate cancer and his birthday was Saturday.  I had both of my knees replaced on the 19th as well.  We are both mending very well and we will both be ready to come see y'all again very soon.

So all in all it you guys just do an amazing job of making the folks attending the club feel like you want us there, you enjoy us being there, and you want to make sure we have the best possible time when ever we are there.  So thanks a lot to all of you.  Thanks for being such a positive part of me and my dad building a new relationship while we still have the time to do it.  Please don't change a thing. 

David
FUKIT

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 01:37:09 pm »
All right, if we're going to get all sappy about the club itself, I'd have to say that during an impressionable stage of my youth, the 930 changed my life.    Not too many clubs in those days or now would let in nondrinking 16 year olds, but the 930 did, and the world it opened up was an important lesson that there was much more to life than the petty concerns of suburban high school life.
_\|/_

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 07:26:57 pm »
All right, if we're going to get all sappy about the club itself, I'd have to say that during an impressionable stage of my youth, the 930 changed my life.    Not too many clubs in those days or now would let in nondrinking 16 year olds, but the 930 did, and the world it opened up was an important lesson that there was much more to life than the petty concerns of suburban high school life.

me TOO!  except i was 12 and not 16.  but yeah...what he said.

charliefrantz

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 08:39:55 pm »
I hope someone can answer a question for me.  On nights when there is no act booked, is the club open, ie DJ and dancing?  It's been a long time since I went to the 930 when it was on F St.  Now I want to take my son and stepson.  Thanks.

Charlie

walkonby

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 08:50:42 pm »
he signed his name.  interesting.

brennser

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 09:14:06 pm »
I hope someone can answer a question for me.  On nights when there is no act booked, is the club open, ie DJ and dancing?  It's been a long time since I went to the 930 when it was on F St.  Now I want to take my son and stepson.  Thanks.

Charlie

9.30 staff can probably give the most accurate answer here but I think the answer is no - when theres no act booked the club is either dark or possibly the venue for a private party - that being said, the backbar may be open on those nights

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 01:05:02 am »

me TOO!  except i was 12 and not 16.  but yeah...what he said.

I WISH I had known about the club when I was 12...   the legendary bands I might have seen...
_\|/_