Author Topic: Thievery Corp start & end times?  (Read 11573 times)

freakoretardo

Thievery Corp start & end times?
« on: January 28, 2009, 11:52:54 am »
They dont have that helpful thing on the website that says what time bands go on.. just doors. So, anyone go last night? Doors are at 7, but what time do they go on and what time did it end?

Thanks,

Vas Deferens

Re: Thievery Corp start & end times?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:56:15 am »
On stage at 9:15...we left at 11:30 and they were still playing the second encore.

Good show overall but I can live without LouLou and the drummer on vocals (yuck!).
(_|_)

freakoretardo

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 11:57:57 am »
Thanks. Never seen them before... Hopefully will dig it. Was it super oversold crazy sold out? Or just medium comfortable sold out?

Tom Servo

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 12:11:47 pm »
They were done by about 11:45 I think.  I would say it was medium comfortable sold out.  I think the snow and the late added weekend shows trimmed the crowd somewhat. 

superdodo

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 12:30:54 pm »
Good show?  Highlights?

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 12:31:17 pm »
Joe's review is way more generous/favorable than mine would be so I'll refrain from being a buzzkill.

But yeah, left at 11:35-ish and they were still playing.

Plenty of breathing room, too.
احمد

superdodo

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 12:32:27 pm »
Wow.  Disappointing.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 12:35:40 pm »
They dont have that helpful thing on the website that says what time bands go on..

Unless you count the FAQ session of the forum:

For Tuesday the 27th, Wednesday 28th, and Thursday the 29th:
Doors at 7pm
Thievery Corporation at 9pm.

For Friday the 30th and Saturday the 31st:
Doors at 8pm
Thievery Corporation at 10pm.

They never list end times.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 12:41:20 pm »
Two and a half hours? Wow, that's alot longer then they've played the last several times around. Anyone get the setlist?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 12:56:17 pm »
About 1 hour of the set was good, the rest are throwaways. I saw many people leave...

Two and a half hours? Wow, that's alot longer then they've played the last several times around. Anyone get the setlist?
(_|_)

Christine Moritz

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 01:22:55 pm »
They dont have that helpful thing on the website that says what time bands go on.. just doors.
The set times are on the main 9:30 page at http://www.930.com/ :

7pm Doors
9pm THIEVERY CORPORATION (Live) - The Radio Retaliation Tour

However, it's potentially tricky because:

- initally, the box where the set times usually are just shows up blank (heads up, webmaster!)
- then, if you mouse over just about anything on the page, the box displays the set times for tonight's Killers show at the Patriot Center instead.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 01:58:19 pm »
About 1 hour of the set was good, the rest are throwaways.
Seriously? If you don't mind me asking, have you seen them in the past, and did you enjoy then them?

azaghal1981

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 02:34:05 pm »
I have and yes I did.
احمد

lily1

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 02:52:10 pm »
i'll be the buzzkill, azaghal!

the sound last night was horrible. i stood in 3 different areas and the sound quality was poor.  major mike issues.

definitely not one of their best shows and probably one of their worst-and i've probably seen them close to 30 times over the last several years. between the sound and the lackluster crowd, it was disappointing. the band really feeds off the crowd and despite natalia's and carinna's enthusiasm on stage, the crowd were zombies. and though this is dc with its typical zombie crowds  ;D, thievery shows are almost always big giant dance fests.

i was going to skip the show as i had to write a paper for class, but then figured i'd never get rid of the ticket with all the folks that bailed last night because they are weather pussies. it was not uncomfortably crowded in there.

the band typically plays for at least 2 hours and sometimes goes for nearly 2 hours and 45 minutes depending on circumstances. they've always done a lengthy set, or at least a lengthier than most bands, set. i think it went 2.5 hours last night. maybe 2.20.

this all said, i'm confident the remaining dates at the 930 will be strong shows. and i'm hoping that chuck brown shows up one of the nights to do his track from "radio retaliation." now that would be fabulous.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 02:56:52 pm by lily1 »

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 02:55:11 pm »
Sounds like it's the band who are pussies if they are dependent on the audience to put on a good show.

A great band will play a great show regardless of audience!