Author Topic: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?  (Read 190164 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2009, 02:43:28 pm »

last summer.  it's a well-documented fact that i have zero cred here.  but thanks for ruining my gratuitous swipe at xNWx ;)

hahaha thanks! sometimes those swipes are needed :) sometimes its easy to forget we're not as indie as we think we are ;) ---- i tend not to forget because im chided for my love for chris martin all the time :)  and the fact that Im seeing Travis too doesnt help.

you cant listen to indie all the time, to quote my wife "if it was THAT good, it wouldnt be indie"

walkonby

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2009, 02:48:11 pm »
wow, what an optical illusion verizon is.  i always thought it had the most capacity behind something like fed-ex.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2009, 02:49:49 pm »
And yet another festival is happening the same weekend as APW - so it seems slim to none VFest can be the same week. The ticket prices on this are quite reasonable. Maybe you can see Coldplay up in Canuckland :)

August 1 and 2

http://www.osheaga.com/2009/en/bands

Coldplay
Beastie Boys
The Roots
Jason Mraz
Rufus Wainwright
Arctic Monkeys
Girl Talk
The Decemberists
Crystal Castles
Lykke Li
The Ting Tings
Beast
Josh Ritter
Elbow
The Honey Brothers
Le Volume Était Au Maximum
Kitty Daisy and Lewis
Winter Gloves
Parlovr
Mothers Fathers

I was told they were waiting on a date for a certain band. and whichever weekend said band would play, they would have the festival.

that said. whoever made the point of merriweather shows is correct, they wont have merriweather shows the weekend of V-fest, so the 2nd AND 3rd weekend are out, leaving really either APW weekend or pushing it way way back.

HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2009, 03:09:20 pm »
but we know V-fest doesnt necessarily model most other festivals, and since i dont see Rihanna and Fall Out boy on either of those festivals, its still possible!

bkrome

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2009, 08:55:34 pm »
 I was told they were waiting on a date for a certain band. and whichever weekend said band would play, they would have the festival.

that said. whoever made the point of merriweather shows is correct, they wont have merriweather shows the weekend of V-fest, so the 2nd AND 3rd weekend are out, leaving really either APW weekend or pushing it way way back.

I can't imagine they would throw that much weight into one band unless they were of Zeppelin,McCartney, etc stature.  A group like Blink 182 could just be put at Merriweather if scheduling did not work out for the festival.  That would not be an option for a group like Zeppelin.

wml7

« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2009, 09:11:17 pm »
there is no way that zeppelin will be there but i wonder who the said band is still being in talks with?  pixies? mbv?  Morrissey??

betao

« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2009, 09:28:04 pm »

I can't imagine they would throw that much weight into one band unless they were of Zeppelin,McCartney, etc stature.  A group like Blink 182 could just be put at Merriweather if scheduling did not work out for the festival.  That would not be an option for a group like Zeppelin.

well word is they did it for The Police back in 07. That was the only weekend they had available apparently. Maybe its a band on a similar level?

sonickteam2

« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2009, 09:29:54 pm »
you guys dont wanna know who i "heard" it was.....

wml7

« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2009, 09:39:40 pm »

Michael Jackson

sonickteam2

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2009, 09:44:01 pm »

Michael Jackson

LOL.  no, someone  i am pretty sure no one here would want to see, even just to say you did!

wml7

« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2009, 09:46:55 pm »
hmmmmm

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2009, 09:50:46 pm »
The Fireman?
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2009, 09:52:30 pm »

that's kinda worrying, because that means the festival might be losing/already have lost some mid-level bands.  after a while, they're going to start signing up with other festivals that have a firm offer on the table instead of VFest's "well maybe this weekend, or maybe that weekend... we'll let you know asap..."

also, i wouldn't want VFest to be like last year's APW where the line up is all about one big-name band and the rest of the bill looks like it's made up of whoever was available.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2009, 09:55:48 pm »

Michael Jackson

LOL.  no, someone  i am pretty sure no one here would want to see, even just to say you did!

Hall and Oates, Elton John, Britney Spears, Lionel Richie

sonickteam2

« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2009, 10:01:46 pm »
fine, i'll spill

first off, Elton John rules

second of all, i heard they were waiting to get Metallica, who is not available the first week of August but if would commit to a different weekend that month or next, they would move the festival to accomodate.

(cue Seth dismissing this rumour)

also, remember that headliners were announced April 1st last year.