Author Topic: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?  (Read 190147 times)

wml7

Re: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2009, 06:25:16 pm »
how about the ravens stadium as well.

spiggums

« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2009, 06:26:26 pm »
yeah because no real  big name headliners ever play Merriweather  ::)

I really enjoy Merriweather as far as outdoor amphitheaters go... at the very least, I find it far preferable to Nissan... but Virgin Festival at Merriweather would totally change the dynamic... for one, I'd be less likely to go "because it's Virgin Festival" (as I did last year, booked my hotel before the lineup was announced because I was confident there would be plenty there that I'd enjoy... and I wasn't disappointed)...

It'd really be a matter of taking a harder look at the lineup for the event in that case... Plus, the last time I was there for an event with multiple stages was the Curiosa tour and while i managed to enjoy myself... the set up created a really odd vibe... definitely wasn't preferred...

although that said...

I was going to mention that but failed to see its importance!  yes, they were.  but really Muse stole the show ;-)

Muse were fucking awesome... I didn't have much knowledge on them outside of a few random remixes I had picked up on vinyl of their songs... but they were really amazing... so much noise and energy for three guys on a stage...

Davyboy

« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2009, 09:59:03 am »
I really like the idea of having the festival at RFK Stadium. It would be a fun trip down memory lane for a lot of us. I'm not sure how the logistics would work out, but Seth could set it up with two stages similar to what people did for the Tibetan Freedom Festival (hard to believe that was 11 years ago!). In terms of VIP tickets, he could still do that but just make sure to give those VIP ticket holders club seats or something awesome like that.

Another idea I just thought of was, why not have the festival in Charlestown at that racetrack there? My dad's friend once told me about how lollapalooza happened there.

In all honesty, having the festival at Merriweather would ultimately be awkward, because you wouldn't be able to have GA tickets and if you did, there would be constant competition over seats and stuff.

Charlestown racetrack or raceway, whatever it is called would be pretty sweet! nice pull... That lolla was one of my first concerts ever and like the second festival type concert I ever went to. HUGE area and pretty close to the DC area. Not sure how many events they have had there since then but it was a really great location.

Davyboy

« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2009, 08:40:36 pm »
posting just because this is the closest thing to Festival news I have seen for at least 3  weeks

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postrock/2009/04/not_coming_to_a_virgin_festiva.html

Vas Deferens

« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2009, 01:17:31 am »
what a useless article. Did you write it?

posting just because this is the closest thing to Festival news I have seen for at least 3  weeks

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postrock/2009/04/not_coming_to_a_virgin_festiva.html
(_|_)

« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2009, 07:59:27 am »
Green Day and Fleet Foxes in DC the same night. M. Ward the very next night. That makes two mights in a row at the 9:30 Club in the summer where there is a good show going on. Rare indeed.

Doesn't it look like the bands that would have been playing V-Fest around that time are getting booked elsewhere?

Davyboy

« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2009, 09:00:27 am »
haha no I did not write it. It is useless but like I stated since there has been no new news I just figured why not.. keep it out there even as pointless as it might be.

what a useless article. Did you write it?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2009, 01:12:59 pm »
so, if you subscribe to the theory that that blink/fob/weez tour will coincide with VFest, that means the festival will be the weekend of 29-30 august. 

on the upside that means it won't conflict with lolla or APW.  that's a huge plus. 

on the downside it's still hot as hell that time of year (please bring back the late september date!).  the other serious downside is that the blink tour will be at VFest.
<sig>

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2009, 01:21:01 pm »
so, if you subscribe to the theory that that blink/fob/weez tour will coincide with VFest, that means the festival will be the weekend of 29-30 august. 

on the upside that means it won't conflict with lolla or APW.  that's a huge plus. 

on the downside it's still hot as hell that time of year (please bring back the late september date!).  the other serious downside is that the blink tour will be at VFest.
Looking at the other openers on that tour, I hope it doesn't come to Vfest.  It's pretty much a who's who of shitty pop-rock, Weezer, and Asher Roth.

bkrome

« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2009, 02:22:15 pm »
This tour being at Virgin would be a good thing in my opinion. 

I want to see Weezer.  I do not want to see Blink 182.

If they stopped here in non festival form I would either have to pay full price to see a shortened Weezer set or not go at all (which is what I would have done).

With them both at Virgin, I can see a full 1:15-30 set and than see whoever is closing the night of Blink 182 on the other stage.

and I doubt Asher Roth is part of the festival.  unless he offers to play for free. 

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2009, 02:30:10 pm »
This tour being at Virgin would be a good thing in my opinion. 

I want to see Weezer.  I do not want to see Blink 182.

If they stopped here in non festival form I would either have to pay full price to see a shortened Weezer set or not go at all (which is what I would have done).

With them both at Virgin, I can see a full 1:15-30 set and than see whoever is closing the night of Blink 182 on the other stage.

and I doubt Asher Roth is part of the festival.  unless he offers to play for free. 
Asher Roth is playing Lolla, why wouldn't he play vfest too?

killsaly

« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2009, 02:54:45 pm »
Hollywood Undead did play last year, why not Asher.

I tried to listen to his single.  What garbage.

Arthwys

« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2009, 03:06:45 pm »
I try to pretend I still live in a world where "Hollywood Undead" do not exist.
Emrys

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2009, 04:23:32 pm »
If Blink/FallOutBoy/Weezer is a big part of the VFest headliners, I wonder if Seth is going to come on here to gauge our reaction like last year and get his feelings hurt, again, when he's shocked that maybe 4 of us are going to go.

Smylie

« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2009, 04:51:09 pm »
I love Weezer, i dislike Blink and I hate fallout.  It would be a good festival bill though.  Put someone like Dylan against Fall Out and someone like Pearl Jam against Blink.