Author Topic: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?  (Read 190131 times)

bkrome

Re: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2009, 03:35:45 pm »
or maybe they will play in new york instead.

http://pickrset.com/bands/blink182/

Aug 30 2009
Wantagh, NY
Jones Beach Ampthitheater
1000 Ocean Pkwy

thats wrong its suppose to be the 31st.

sonickteam2

« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2009, 03:57:55 pm »
Blink 182 is as big as RHCP?

i believe their reunion would sell as many tickets, yes.  There are an entire legion of fans out there, ages 14-17 who have probably never seen Blink, yet listen to bands who worship them as godfathers of a musical genre.

if Fall out boy can sell 15,000 tickets, Blink can sell 25,000.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2009, 04:40:31 pm »
I have little doubt that this will be Virgin Music Festival.
Then I have little doubt that less that 7 regular members of this messageboard will attend.

sonickteam2

« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2009, 11:18:06 pm »
Then I have little doubt that less that 7 regular members of this messageboard will attend.

why?? everyone seems to be excited about Green Day, Coldplay and American Idol. what makes Blink 182 so bad?

My going will probably hinge on a dance tent. put something together like Moby, AVB, DJ Dan, Rabbit In the Moon and Richie Hawtin and you can have every pop-punk crap band in the world play and i'll still be there.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2009, 01:06:31 am »
blink have pulled any mention of a 8/30 show from their myspace page, and their facebook page says that they're playing wantagh.  methinks that someone announced the MPP show before they should have, and the band/management are now back-peddling. 

if only seth was willing to speak to us...

like sonick, my attendance would depend on the dance tent - and who is headlining the second stage. if vfest has someone great opposite blink (hey seth: how about silversun pickups?!?), i'll be happy that all the mosh-kiddies are rubbing up against each other over on the main stage.

thought/fantasy: what if seth is tired of my & azag's constant requests, and finally books aphex twin?!?  <wipes drool>  and tortured soul would be a welcome addition to the early part of the day.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:09:16 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

betao

« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2009, 02:46:33 am »
good dance tent = me there no matter what

aphex twin = me there no matter what, even if headliners are Fall out boy and Blink.

aphex's set at coachella last year was so awesome. So mesmerizing. Can't believe I saw actually saw him. His set was one of the most musically intense experiences I've ever gone through.

azaghal1981

« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2009, 02:54:48 am »
Here's an idea.

How about scrapping this "big headliner (95% of whom are never worth half a shit)" nonsense and I dunno...booking a full weekend of real talent like uhh...say...Primavera does?

Yes, I'm still sour about not being able to go to that after making a last-minute attempt to do so.

::bitterly skulks out of thread::
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #232 on: May 22, 2009, 09:14:56 am »
Here's an idea.

How about scrapping this "big headliner (95% of whom are never worth half a shit)" nonsense and I dunno...booking a full weekend of real talent like uhh...say...Primavera does?

Yes, I'm still sour about not being able to go to that after making a last-minute attempt to do so.

::bitterly skulks out of thread::

what . . . the five thousand shows you go to a month, every month, doesn't make up for the fact you missed one?????

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2009, 10:01:07 am »
If this is in fact the truth, guess ill be heading to APW this year.
I believe no matter what Gogol Bordello will be there. For some god damn reason. They're effing everywhere. If Seth can pull at least these guys I'll be more inclined to go to Merriweather:

YYYs, MSTRKRFT, Q-Tip, The Knux, Gogol, ARCTIC MONKEYS, Crystal Castles, The Cool Kids, MGMT, The Black Keys
‼‼?‼‼

redsock

« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2009, 10:07:29 am »

C'mon people, we all know the only way you can have festival like Virgin Fest is if you sell enough tickets to make something this large doable. And the only way you sell tickets is to have headliners that a lot of people like. MBV and Aphex Twin, while amazing to see, would not sell enough tickets on their own at a Festival this sized. Maybe at MPP, but not at Pimlico. So they have to be subsidized with bands like Blink-182, the Killers, Fall Out Boy etc. Look at it this way, without these "big headliners" there wouldn't be a festival.

Stop being a bunch of whiny bitches. We get what we get. None of the US Festivals of this size are all that great this year, including Lolla which i am going to. Be thankful we get anything. And if you don't like the line-up, don't go and shut the F up.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:27:39 pm by Seth Hurwitz »

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2009, 10:15:01 am »
If Seth can pull at least these guys I'll be more inclined to go to Merriweather:

YYYs, MSTRKRFT, Q-Tip, The Knux, Gogol, ARCTIC MONKEYS, Crystal Castles, The Cool Kids, MGMT, The Black Keys
Alot of those are already booked for Reading/Leeds/Carling that weekend.

« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2009, 10:25:29 am »
They can play both. It's only a six or seven hour plane ride.

If Seth can pull at least these guys I'll be more inclined to go to Merriweather:

Alot of those are already booked for Reading/Leeds/Carling that weekend.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2009, 10:39:26 am »
MBV and Aphex Twin, while amazing to see, would not sell enough tickets on their own at a Festival this sized. Maybe at MPP, but not at Pimlico. So they have to be subsidized with bands like Blink-182, the Killers, Fall Out Boy etc. Look at it this way, without these "big headliners" there wouldn't be a festival.

Stop being a bunch of whiny bitches.

i was trying to find an eloquent way of saying this, but you beat me to the punch.

newsflash: big festivals aren't created with the terminally hip in mind.  you have pitchfork, ATP, siren fest, etc if you want to avoid Big Names.
<sig>

bkrome

« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2009, 11:00:05 am »
Lets not jump to conclusions about the rest of the lineup just because one act some of you don't like is headlining.  You can bank on the fact that the competing act will be the total opposite of Blink 182 so there is a good chance a band such as Broken Social Scene will play that night. 

ggw

« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2009, 11:31:27 am »
I hear Blur is coming to the U.S. this summer.

Just sayin'...