Author Topic: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?  (Read 190126 times)

RonniStar

Re: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2009, 10:26:28 pm »
By now, we should have gotten an official announcement about the Virgin Mobile Festival. June is coming up, and we got mostly rumors and speculations. I know many of the acts we wish to participate in this event are either doing there own tours, or will be in the DC area at different times. With Pimilco's future up in the air, we'll may see an event in the fall, or we have to wait until 2010 for the festival to get back in action.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #256 on: May 27, 2009, 12:24:34 am »
I think they already said they would announce the lineup by June 1st.

bkrome

« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2009, 12:54:49 am »
I saw an add today for Merriweather, 930 club, and Virgin Fest advertising no ticketmaster fees when you purchase from the box office.  I guess its still on.

Sage 703

« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:58 am »
I saw an add today for Merriweather, 930 club, and Virgin Fest advertising no ticketmaster fees when you purchase from the box office.  I guess its still on.

....or they just used last year's template and forgot to change it, since advertising something that isn't announced seems like a mistake.

fatskippy

« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2009, 11:05:21 am »
Or skip the box office and score half price tickets the day before on the craigslist

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2009, 01:43:48 pm »
For all you people trying to turn the slightest clue into a full-blown Vfest prediction:

The Weezer/Blink DC show August 30 has now been confirmed as happening, but the venue is still TBA.

spiggums

« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2009, 07:03:29 pm »
But just having anything at this point is a bonus, regardless of who is playing.

not pertaining to the Vfest in particular, but...

i dont see how having a festival that you dont go to is better than not having one. seems like about the same.

might be a stretch, but the way I could see it being better is that if the festival still happens on a smaller scale, due to the lack of certainty with the usual venue, it keeps the momentum there so that the festival can return in full form next year... whether or not that logic is sound, I can't really say... but that's all I got.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2009, 11:12:11 pm »
well since the Killers show was just sent out in the 930 club email blast, I'll assume that is not V-fest weekend.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2009, 11:57:34 pm »
well since the Killers show was just sent out in the 930 club email blast, I'll assume that is not V-fest weekend.

why would you assume that?  festival hypothetically ends at 11 pm on sunday, killers show the next day (monday 8/31) start at 8 pm... plenty of time to change over.  some might have *assumed* the killers date would be part of vfest, but the negative of that doesn't imply that the whole festival is off.

am i missing something? 
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #264 on: May 28, 2009, 08:53:39 am »
But just having anything at this point is a bonus, regardless of who is playing.

not pertaining to the Vfest in particular, but...

i dont see how having a festival that you dont go to is better than not having one. seems like about the same.

might be a stretch, but the way I could see it being better is that if the festival still happens on a smaller scale, due to the lack of certainty with the usual venue, it keeps the momentum there so that the festival can return in full form next year... whether or not that logic is sound, I can't really say... but that's all I got.

dont think too hard about it

i was more referring to people's attendance on a personal level, not as a business.  whats the diff if you dont go or it doesnt happen. 

sonickteam2

« Reply #265 on: May 28, 2009, 08:55:47 am »

why would you assume that?  festival hypothetically ends at 11 pm on sunday, killers show the next day (monday 8/31) start at 8 pm... plenty of time to change over.  some might have *assumed* the killers date would be part of vfest, but the negative of that doesn't imply that the whole festival is off.

am i missing something? 

thats what i said last page. the Killers show has nothing to do with it. Furthermore, the Killers will probably sell out Merriweather. so why add them to Vfest? Blink and Weezer will sell half the Vfest tickets you need and then you get 17,000 more people the next night for another show! sounds like money makin' to me!

saintangelsin

« Reply #266 on: May 28, 2009, 02:12:15 pm »
If you book AC DC they will come.

That is what I've been thinking!

According to this, Sir Paul is (possibly) getting ready to announce some tour dates.  If it was good enough for Coachella...

Yet another awesome possibility. One can only hope.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2009, 02:20:06 pm »
I think AC/DC and McCartney are too big for Vfest if it's at Merriweather.  Those two could easily sell Merriweather out on their own, so I don't think they'd be an option for Vfest at Merriweather.

But, as we've all said before, this is all just speculation. 

Got Haggis?

« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2009, 02:22:45 pm »
Ah, I misread, I thought people were speculating that The Killers would be playing as part of the V-fest (didn't look at dates, had no idea it was a monday)

Dojokoto

« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2009, 10:25:41 pm »
Seriously, what the #$@# is going on? Is this going to happen or not? Every single event is announced, and it's irresponsible of Virgin Mobile to delay and lack any hint of whether it is going to happen

I read the latest headline, which was 3 days ago, stating that one of the Merriwhether marketers got an email entitled, "MERRIWETHER", but opened it, and it was about expanding the venue, not the v-fest

Some say it will be announced on June 1st, but one person said it WILL be announced on June 26th

which is it? I can't even believe it is already into June, and no-one has an idea