Author Topic: The Worlds Most Perfect Food  (Read 193739 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Worlds Most Perfect Food
« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2015, 02:02:37 pm »
i'd check that out.  i've had some awesome veggies 'burgs, and i'm an unapologetic carnivore.

benefit that veggie has over meat, in the burger dept., is that the taste of ground meat is too strong.  only thing you can do with it is go even stronger: bbq sauce, hot peppers, etc.  it can be good, but it's taking a sledgehammer to your palette.  a lot more variation (read: subtlety) available when going veggie.

unfortunately, a lot of people's only exposure to veggie burgers are the tasteless frozen pucks of pressed insulation that come in a box and folks throw on the bbq to appease vegetarians.  that's like basing your appreciation of pasta on chef boy-ar-dee (sp?).
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2015, 06:30:16 pm »
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

« Reply #423 on: October 23, 2015, 09:07:20 am »
slack

ggw

« Reply #425 on: October 26, 2015, 11:26:24 am »
World Health Organization Declares Bacon "Carcinogenic"
I say Fuk the WHO

did you read this article in the guardian

?A much bigger risk factor is obesity and lack of exercise,? ......?Red and processed meat are among 940 agents reviewed by the IARC and found to pose some level of theoretical ?hazard?. Only one substance, a chemical in yoga pants, has been declared by the IARC not to cause cancer.

?The IARC says you can enjoy your yoga class, but don?t breathe air (class 1 carcinogen), sit near a sun-filled window (class 1), apply aloe vera (class 2B) if you get a sunburn, drink wine or coffee (class 1 and class 2B), or eat grilled food (class 2A). And if you are a hairdresser or do shift work (both class 2A), you should seek a new career.?

slack

hutch

« Reply #426 on: October 26, 2015, 04:25:19 pm »
everybody knows bacon and hot dogs (including chorizo unfortunately) is terrible for you.. not sure what the news is..

now the way WHO tries to extend their findings to red meat in general is pitiful.. ."probably"??

also ham is bad

I have to check the nitrates free hot dogs we give our kids..there is apparently some nitrates or nitrites or both free hot dogs that have something else that is made from those very products..

food in the US is pitiful.. I was watching this news story on AL Jazzera (they have way more actual news stories than CNN/MSNBC/FOX which talk about nothing all day) about California's central valley where a lot of our vegetables and fruits come from and they use manufactured water from oil extractors.. and the water smells of oil, has film from oil, etc.. sounds terrible... and because of the drought I guess they get a pass?

ggw

« Reply #427 on: October 26, 2015, 06:18:11 pm »
AL Jazzera

I think I saw him at One Step Down back in the day.

hutch

« Reply #428 on: October 26, 2015, 06:20:15 pm »
AL Jazzera

I think I saw him at One Step Down back in the day.

yes with Ben Ghazi

« Reply #429 on: November 17, 2015, 10:47:01 pm »
This is a crocodile wrapped in bacon, with a chicken in it's mouth. A Bacrocken? It's the aussie Turducken

slack

« Reply #430 on: January 28, 2016, 04:55:18 pm »
couldn't decide if this should go in the whiskey thread or not
this place seems more apropos

Bacon shot glasses dipped in chocolate and filled with whisky

slack

hutch

« Reply #432 on: April 21, 2016, 08:31:21 am »

Relaxer

« Reply #433 on: April 21, 2016, 09:36:44 am »
You bacon-eating funbois are monsters, ALL OF YOU. You are not welcome on Pig Beach.

Pig Beach (also known as Pig Island, Major Cay, and officially Big Major Cay) is an uninhabited island (or cay) located in Exuma, the Bahamas, and known for being populated by many swimming feral pigs.

oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #434 on: May 02, 2016, 02:26:41 pm »
Truck hauling 42,000 lbs of ham bursts into flames near Fayetteville
http://www.wral.com/truck-hauling-42-000-lbs-of-ham-burst-into-flames-near-fayetteville/15673958/
<sig>