Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 213421 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2009, 12:39:14 pm »
Blah, all the caps did was hold home ice and they barely did that.  Won each game by one goal.  Sooner or later someone will clock Ovechkin and knock a little class into him and when it happens all the DC fans will be whining and moaning while the rest of the NHL will be laughing their collective asses off.  Dude has skills, no one can deny that, but he couldn't spell class if you spotted him the first five letters.
FUKIT

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2009, 12:43:39 pm »
....but don't tell me you wouldn't take him on your team in a heartbeat.

And the score of last night's game doesn't really tell the story, IMO.  Crosby's last goal was with 30 seconds to go, on the power play, with the goalie pulled.  Caps steamrolled them in the 3rd.

sonickteam2

« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2009, 12:48:36 pm »
Blah, all the caps did was hold home ice and they barely did that.  Won each game by one goal.  Sooner or later someone will clock Ovechkin and knock a little class into him and when it happens all the DC fans will be whining and moaning while the rest of the NHL will be laughing their collective asses off.  Dude has skills, no one can deny that, but he couldn't spell class if you spotted him the first five letters.

he's better than Crosby.

BookerT

« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2009, 12:49:50 pm »

this is the kind of thoughtful, reasoned analysis i'd expect from someone who has seen sevendust more than 50 times.

chaz

« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2009, 12:50:54 pm »

this is the kind of thoughtful, reasoned analysis i'd expect from someone who has seen sevendust more than 50 times.
;D ;D ;D

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2009, 12:52:26 pm »
Actually there are players I would take before I would take Alex.  As far as the game goes, there a lot of PP opportunities for both sides (five each I believe).  Caps are up 2-0, congrats to them, but it was two one goal home games.  What the series looks like in 3-4 more games will be interesting.
FUKIT

sonickteam2

« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2009, 01:00:59 pm »
i still dont see Varlamov winning the Eastern Conference. I dont know though, cause i am blacked out of these fucking games. and i have the Hurricanes to worry about.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2009, 01:02:33 pm »
he's played well in dc, but rookie goalies, i dunno

plus the pens are hopeless apart from sid on the offensive end
o/\o

chaz

« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2009, 01:12:16 pm »
i still dont see Varlamov winning the Eastern Conference. I dont know though, cause i am blacked out of these fucking games. and i have the Hurricanes to worry about.
He is the big x factor......this series is a wash in terms of stars/skaters.  It will be decided by secondary scoring and goaltending.

He's made some incredible saves to be sure, but given up a bad goal in each of the last 2 games.  But he's kept the caps in games when the rags and pens have been dominating the puck for long stretches. 

sonickteam2

« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2009, 02:14:20 pm »
....but don't tell me you wouldn't take him on your team in a heartbeat.

Ovechkin is becoming the Manny Ramirez of hockey. you dont really want him on your team, but you really dont want him on someone elses.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2009, 02:18:07 pm »

50 times or more for Aerosmith and the Stones as well, but only 1 time seeing the Beatles.
FUKIT

Venerable Bede

« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2009, 02:38:57 pm »
With all this excitement in the hometown, I hope you all aren't missing the de facto Stanley Cup Final happening out west....
yeah, that chicago/vancouver series is really exciting!!!!
OU812

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #222 on: May 05, 2009, 03:36:22 pm »
With all this excitement in the hometown, I hope you all aren't missing the de facto Stanley Cup Final happening out west....

its def the most exciting series for me. I love the young kids on the hawks. I wish I could see some of the B's games, as I need to see the Canes get knocked out.
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #223 on: May 05, 2009, 04:24:38 pm »

Are you trying to get uninvited from Taco Tuesday?

I was even going to buy the bucket of Tecate...
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2009, 04:56:19 pm »
Reason 13539083425 why I love Denis Leary:
On Inside The Actor's Studio last night when asked about his least favorite profession he said Fireman.

And favorite profession HOCKEY PLAYER!

Rescue Me tonight! maybe hell be playing some hockey tonight.
HeyLa