Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 213698 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #255 on: May 06, 2009, 05:33:44 pm »
Wings/Anaheim was the top story on PTI tonite. Kornheiser and Wilbon both agreed its one of the 5 "greatest hose-jobs in the history of sport." Wild.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:37:22 pm by Julian, Certified WEBLEBRITY »

vansmack

« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2009, 05:47:22 pm »
Now I feel better.  If those guys think it's in the top 5 "in the history of sports" then I know its not as bad as you're making it out to be.  There couldn't be two guys who have made a larger TV career by over-dramatizing and embracing sensationalism on the planet.

Call me if makes the Sports Reporters, Mitch Albom excluded.
27>34

« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2009, 05:58:38 pm »
Now I feel better.  If those guys think it's in the top 5 "in the history of sports" then I know its not as bad as you're making it out to be.  There couldn't be two guys who have made a larger TV career by over-dramatizing and embracing sensationalism on the planet.

Call me if makes the Sports Reporters, Mitch Albom excluded.
I agree with their penchant for over-exaggeration. I was more amazed it was the lead story, since I have never seen any hockey story (including teams winning the Cup) ever lead the show in its 7+ years.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2009, 09:29:23 pm »
do the pens always play that much ozzy over the PA between plays?!?  other than organ, the only non-ozzy i heard during the first 2 periods was dio's holy diver.  rock on, pittsburg.  pens definitely playing the better game.

how annoying is versus' "don't miss a single second" ad campaign... how about SHOWING every second?!?
<sig>

« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2009, 10:20:54 pm »
The panic on the streets of Hockeytown looks to be spreading to Beantown. Watch out, Swine Flu!

sonickteam2

« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2009, 10:26:48 pm »
The panic on the streets of Hockeytown looks to be spreading to Beantown. Watch out, Swine Flu!

its ok, we're both the higher seed, still just need to steal one road game and hold at home....

« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2009, 10:54:21 pm »
Yea

its ok, we're both the higher seed, still just need to steal one road game and hold at home....
Yeah, but I don't think either of us want to lose the next game or we'll get really difficult to live with.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #262 on: May 07, 2009, 08:27:12 am »
i thought for sure the caps were going to steal a game that they were soundly out played in. wu letang crew to the rescue. thank god malkin woke up
o/\o

shemptiness

« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2009, 08:53:28 am »
Penalty minutes: Caps - 12:51, Pens - 2:38 .... No more whining from the 'burgh.

sonickteam2

« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2009, 08:59:00 am »
Penalty minutes: Caps - 12:51, Pens - 2:38 .... No more whining from the 'burgh.

why not, it seems to work!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2009, 09:13:13 am »
hahaha...caps have combated supposed whining from the pens...by whining. priceless

a good way to take fewer penalties is to not get outplayed
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2009, 09:30:11 am »
Yeah, but I don't think either of us want to lose the next game or we'll get really difficult to live with.

"even more difficult".

or having even-handed refs.

<hides>
<sig>

« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2009, 10:07:00 am »
"even more difficult".

I can't speak for Sonick, but I'm an absolute delight most of the time.

sonickteam2

« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2009, 12:06:38 pm »
hahaha...caps have combated supposed whining from the pens...by whining. priceless

note to Caps fans: More penalty minutes usually equals being outplayed, not the refs appealing to post game griping.

I noticed last night that every time Carolina was called for a penalty the fans chanted "ref you suck", same thing that happens in D.C.   Its just showing your ignorance for the game.

vansmack

« Reply #269 on: May 07, 2009, 12:09:33 pm »
Oh snap!
27>34