Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 211986 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 12:32:35 pm »
i do think its kind of funny how caps fans seemed to cry about all the hype that crosby got, but now its all ovie talk all the time

they are good at crying!  without fail every game i went to people aruond me would boo the linemen on offsides calls.  people in the 400 section. I have been to hockey games in Pittsburgh, Boston, NJ, Phoenix, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Chicago and i have never heard anyone once question the offsides call in the upper deck.

ovechkin is better than crosby, though.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 12:47:30 pm »
crosby's better, nah ovie, wait malkins better than both
zzzzzzzzzz
theyre all under 24 and none have hoisted the cup. talk to me in 5-10 years
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 12:48:43 pm »
ovechkin isnt going to be hoisting any cup, not with Washington.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 12:52:29 pm »
i'm cant believe i'm going to say this, but thats a lot of caps hate
o/\o

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 07:25:05 pm »
Alex has skills but is a total douche and has no respect for the game.  Sooner or later someone will cocl his ass and I will be the one standing up cheering the loudest when he gets what is coming to him.  He is a total clown.
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 10:10:54 pm »
I HAZ A HAPPY: just discovered that my hotel has Versus!!!

:D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D       :D       ;D
so i hit up the concierge lounge for a bottle of wine, some cheese and crackers, and i'm in the middle of tonight's triple-header.  the jackets have their work cut out for them, they need a new plan on offense 'cause they got nowhere tonight (even on PPs).  at times it looked like they couldn't be bothered trying. 

so far the second period of flames-hawks is kinda meh but i'm enjoying it disproportionately, because i wasn't expecting to be watching ANY hockey tonight. 

damn bruins.

looking forward to sharks-ducks but i doubt i'll be able to stick out the whole game.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 10:54:47 pm »

damn bruins.

get used to it. and i know you couldnt see that game on vs. but check some highlights sometime. Kessel but the empty net goal in a Lapierrere comes over and decks him and starts a big fight.  Then as time expire, Kostapolous picks another fight with Yelle.   not very sportsmanlike and i hope the B's dont let it get under their skin.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 11:46:33 pm »
vs had plenty of coverage of the end-of-game and after-game shenanigans.  not pretty at all.  i like a good scuffle/excessive roughness as much as the next hockey fan, but that was just stoopid.  nothing was achieved there other than a suspension or two.  pointless.  now the habs are going to be down at least one player, and for what?

sharks lacking the luster i assumed they'd bring to the game, but game is still tied.  dammit.  must to go to beeeeed.... muuuuust...
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 10:53:31 am »
San Jose doubles up an opponent in shots, runs into a hot goalie, and Thornton and other "stars" come up minuscule in a loss to an inferior opponent... must be playoff time.

sonickteam2

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 11:05:42 am »
San Jose doubles up an opponent in shots, runs into a hot goalie, and Thornton and other "stars" come up minuscule in a loss to an inferior opponent... must be playoff time.

big joe has always been tiny come springtime!

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 11:20:45 am »
I know! I think his first shot on goal was like 56 minutes into the game. Marleau is doing his disappearing act too.

sonickteam2

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 11:26:04 am »
I know! I think his first shot on goal was like 56 minutes into the game. Marleau is doing his disappearing act too.

this is exactly why i was not concerned with winning the president's cup. San Jose won't make it to the Cup Finals and Boston gets home ice over anyone else.   I'll see you in June, Julian!

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 11:33:05 am »
I'll see you in June, Julian!
Yeah, Bos/Det was my prediction too. NJ might be the biggest obstacle for either team.

vansmack

27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2009, 12:33:15 pm »
DAYUM!

(i had SJ winning in 7...why anyone would think the Ducks are an easy out....)