Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212477 times)

blinkboy

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #750 on: May 06, 2010, 09:17:31 am »
I is a Flyers fan and have been since the mid 70s.  Truth be told I was really surprised they won the 1st round series.  If everyone plays like they did in round 1 they can make it a little further.  We shall see.

at least Richards and Briere are trying to win.    I think its more that the B's are playing so well. Lets hope Krecji isnt out for long!

edit: or not. well without Krejci and Sturm...  i am afraid we have no chance at beating Pitt or Montreal. :( 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:39:41 am by blinkboy »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #751 on: May 11, 2010, 01:32:14 am »
pens in 5.

nevermind.

great game tonight.  habs were out-shot, out-maneuvered, and just generally out-played... i'm still not sure how a few bursts of heroics managed to beat the sustained onslaught that the pens brought.  halak was lucky with the 4-5 shots that dinged off the posts.

GO HABS GO!
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #752 on: May 11, 2010, 04:51:29 am »
pens in 5.

nevermind.

great game tonight.  habs were out-shot, out-maneuvered, and just generally out-played... i'm still not sure how a few bursts of heroics managed to beat the sustained onslaught that the pens brought.  halak was lucky with the 4-5 shots that dinged off the posts.

GO HABS GO!

Any good goalie will tell you that a shot that goes off the post is one that he played correctly.  The pipes are a goalies best friend.
FUKIT

godsshoeshine

« Reply #753 on: May 11, 2010, 08:52:57 am »
pens in 5.

nevermind.

GO HABS GO!
that was the best the habs have looked all series
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #754 on: May 11, 2010, 10:54:32 am »
Any good goalie will tell you that a shot that goes off the post is one that he played correctly.  The pipes are a goalies best friend.

sounds like hubris to me.  it's assuming the goalie actually had a play on the shot, which wasn't always the case last night.  halak was completely screened on one shot, he didn't know where the puck was until he heard "TING!" behind him.  on another, a great pass had halak sprawled and gave the shooter an open net - nothing halak could do.  it was luck that those shots weren't an inch and a half to the inside, they would have bounced in.

The pipes are a goalies best friend.

in the case of patrick roy, they really were... he had whole conversations with them ;D
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #755 on: May 11, 2010, 02:02:59 pm »
The pipes are a goalies best friend.

in the case of patrick roy, they really were... he had whole conversations with them ;D

All goalies do that from my experiences.  Every team I played for we just let the goalie go do his thing and left him alone as long as he kept the puck out of the net.  I played center and would have several interesting conversations with the opposing goalie during the course of the game.  Anything to get under his skin and get him off his game.  Having taken that course of action, one had to learn to take evasive action quickly.  Getting whacked with a goalie stick is not exactly fun.
FUKIT

walkonby

« Reply #756 on: May 11, 2010, 04:30:04 pm »
i need a magazine with half naked hockey players.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #757 on: May 11, 2010, 05:20:04 pm »
i need a magazine with half naked hockey players.

best i can come up with for ya:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Puck-Headlines-Measuring-true-MVPs-Ovechkin-be?urn=nhl,210182

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/02/canadian-hockeys-olympic-hero-sidney-crosbys-beefcake-shot.html

http://hockeyfortheladies.blogspot.com/ seems to have the hots for hockey players (specifically the penguins), but doesn't seem to deliver.

couldn't find anything as well done as that fifa/world cup spread.  maybe smackie knows of one?
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #758 on: May 11, 2010, 05:23:36 pm »
does ov have a trap stamp?
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #759 on: May 11, 2010, 05:47:36 pm »
maybe smackie knows of one?

Not touching this....
27>34

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #760 on: May 11, 2010, 06:12:17 pm »
What's the O/U on penalties called on the Habs in Game 7? I'd set it at 8.5. No way the NHL is letting Crosby AND Ovechkin go out to a natural market team. Especially not one from Canada.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #761 on: May 11, 2010, 07:36:32 pm »
What's the O/U on penalties called on the Habs in Game 7? I'd set it at 8.5. No way the NHL is letting Crosby AND Ovechkin go out to a natural market team. Especially not one from Canada.

lol.  hadn't occurred to me.

wait.  i'm not laughing anymore.
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #762 on: May 12, 2010, 08:15:26 am »
i had no idea burberry made tinfoil hats
o/\o

blinkboy

« Reply #763 on: May 12, 2010, 09:02:07 am »
Montreal and Boston would make an excellent EC final!  i think :)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #764 on: May 12, 2010, 10:58:00 am »
Montreal and Boston would make an excellent EC final!  i think :)

When the Wings are out, I generally cheer for as many Original 6 teams as possible, so I too would like one of those vs Chicago in the finals.