Author Topic: holy shit kraftwerk!  (Read 37881 times)

hutch

Re: holy shit kraftwerk!
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2014, 08:55:58 pm »
Totally nitpicking but giving them an early show slot is a little weird, no?
Don't get me wrong; early Kraftwerk is better than no Kraftwerk.

hmm...interesting and bad.. I hate early shows...particularly given its Friday...

so either Kraftwerk will play two shows that night or somebody else will play after them would be my guess....its particularly odd as I don't think they will have an opener...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2014, 09:26:33 pm »
Happy for an early show as ill be there with my 12 year old daughter. Who loves Kraftwerk.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2014, 09:27:27 pm »
Holy fuck I just sounded like James Ford, didn't I?

emmanuel

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2014, 09:36:41 pm »
Totally nitpicking but giving them an early show slot is a little weird, no?
Don't get me wrong; early Kraftwerk is better than no Kraftwerk.

hmm...interesting and bad.. I hate early shows...particularly given its Friday...

so either Kraftwerk will play two shows that night or somebody else will play after them would be my guess....its particularly odd as I don't think they will have an opener...

In most cities where they announced an early show last year, they announced a late show later... Although it would be exactly the same set.

azaghal1981

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2014, 09:42:44 pm »
Yeah the set is most likely set for the whole tour. Especially if projections are as big a part of the show as it sounds.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2014, 09:46:21 pm »
;D
nah...James would have thrown in something hyping his daughter... like "she's the only kid in her class who knows all the lyrics to Kraftwerk but in German...."...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2014, 10:25:43 pm »
;D
nah...James would have thrown in something hyping his daughter... like "she's the only kid in her class who knows all the lyrics to Kraftwerk but in German...."...

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2014, 11:10:41 pm »
What's the over/under on how long it takes this show to sell out?
FUKIT

azaghal1981

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2014, 11:12:33 pm »
Last time they sold out pretty much the day of but I get the feeling this(these) will be a hotter ticket. Feels like they have had a higher profile over the last year or two.
احمد

betao

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2014, 12:46:26 am »
So this gig is going onsale on Thursday - and due to work i'll be away from a computer most of the day. Are there any boardies that wouldn't mind getting 2 tickets for me? PM me if you can help! (you'll of course be reimbursed immediately)

James Ford

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2014, 10:23:21 am »
Funny you should mention her. She's working on mastering her fifth language now, Korean. That after mastering Spanish, German, and French by the time she was five. I attribute her advanced abilities to breastfeeding her until she was three. Of course, she spoke English straight out of the womb. I attribute that to our singing to her when she was still in the womb.

So I reckon she has five languages she could sing Kraftwerk songs in. Alas, she outgrew anything resembling rock music by the time she was four and only listens to classical and jazz these days. Though for some inexplicable reason she has a soft spot for that song from Frozen. Go figure.

;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2014, 11:36:00 am »
speaking of projections: this show is being billed as "Kraftwerk: 3-D Concert".
<sig>

emmanuel

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2014, 11:42:58 am »
I asked my boss to take a "15 minutes off" at 10am...  :P

In Germany some of the shows were sold out in 1 minute. I guess it will be the same set as last year but at I will hear the English version for a change!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2014, 11:44:53 am »
this is overpriced by $25.....
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2014, 11:46:18 am »
in other news, looks like the 930 is the smallest venue they're playing this tour, and only one of two GAs (likely some or all the moog fest venues will also be GA, but for now are unknown)

http://www.kraftwerk.com/concerts/index-concerts.html
<sig>