Author Topic: Wilco presale  (Read 39282 times)

yohansen5b

Re: Wilco presale
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2009, 08:29:09 pm »
last night makes the 12th or 13th time i've seen wilco live.  i had a fantastic time at the show.  it was my second time at wolf trap in three years and i really did enjoy myself.  other than the dork who tried to cut in line in front of me for the bathroom, i have no real complaints.

the place was PACKED - we ended up on the upper lawn w/ no view of the stage but thats the beauty of Wolf Trap, when the weather is nice you just lie back with your honey and listen to the music

yes, the lawns were packed.  i'm willing to bet more than a few people did what my friends and i did: buy tickets in the seated area and grab a spot on the lawn.  with a $6 different in price, i just considered it rain insurance.

to be fair that show was in between albums where as (the album) came out last week

yes, wilco's set lists tend to rely on a lot of favorites with a few gems here and there.  the set list from february 2008 that was posted  was only a few months after their "residency" in chicago -- so they had polished up on their entire collection.  now, they're out to promote a new record.  as mentioned, it's a totally different goal of the concert.

i had no problem with the staff at wolf trap or any of the fans.  i even high-fived a young park ranger on the way out to the car.  i was surprised by the amount of pot in the lawn, though, to be honest.  the weather was gorgeous and the sound quality was fantastic.  great night.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2009, 09:19:23 am »
I completely agree with the commenter from the Washington Post review:

"meh. the concert was average. a bit rushed and tight. perhaps the 11pm curfew killed the mood."

Show was also 3-6 songs shorter than the other setlists of this tour.

/end rant
(_|_)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2009, 09:27:20 am »
i like that the post has stopped using caps
o/\o

slappy

« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2009, 03:33:16 pm »
i like that the post has stopped using caps
It actually was from the comment section of the article/review.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2009, 10:57:34 am »
and here i was all ready to compliment to post on their "meh" usage. bummer
o/\o

slappy

« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2009, 08:04:17 pm »
and here i was all ready to compliment to post on their "meh" usage. bummer
:D The following was posted after the 'meh' comment on the Post...

"I find it best to ignore any post, in any section, that starts with the word "meh".
Posted by: sonnyjurg | July 10, 2009 10:34 AM"

hutch

« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2009, 10:11:58 am »
"Meh" is as bad as the

blah blah BLAH blah blah NOT SO MUCH

James Ford

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2010, 03:12:31 pm »

http://trianglemusic.blogspot.com/2010/01/wilco-sets-dpac-record-for-fastest-sell.html

Wilco sets DPAC record for fastest sell out

Most people expected Wilco tickets to go fast for their upcoming show at the Durham Performing Arts Center, but 17 minutes is a bit shocking. The show, slated for Saturday, March 27, set a DPAC record for fastest sell out ever with that 17 minute sell. DPAC general manager Bob Klauss is said "The DPAC staff and I will work hard to make sure we?re great hosts to the very lucky 2,700 fans who got tickets to this special show.?

TicketsNow, a wholly owned Ticketmaster subsidiary
(http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrowse/Wilco-Tickets-at-Durham-Performing-Arts-Center-in-Durham), had 146 tickets total for sale yesterday between $74 and $306 each of this "sold out" show.

CenterStage Seats, which is throwing links on craigslist (http://centerstageseats.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=1269128&event=Wilco) had 276 tickets as of yesterday for between $100 and $558.

Then there's the eBay owned StubHub (http://www.stubhub.com/wilco-tickets/wilco-durham-durham-performing-arts-center-3-27-2010-926990/) which had at least 316 tickets for $75 to $308.

And there were 25 or so on eBay for between $50 and $200 each.

There's nearly 763 seats of a 2700-seat capacity venue accounted for right now, which is nearly a third of total possible seats available.

These are numbers from just three different secondary sales sites that I have heard about, not counting tickets that haven't yet been made available on secondary sales sites or are being sold on sites I've never heard of.

There will be a batch of tickets that will be made available just before the show. How many? No one knows. How many were allocated to the DPAC presale? How many to Wilco? How many at the box office (where I paid exactly $35 each with no tax or additional fees or charge where they also printed out real paper tickets at no additional charge amazingly enough)? After getting burned by both websites during the pre-sales, I decided to drive to the DPAC and wait. I was maybe 10th person in line and checked ticketmaster.com from my phone at 10:06 and there were no tickets available. People in line a few spots ahead of me were unable to buy blocks of 4 or more seats together because they were unavailable.

I know a lot of people that were completely unable to get tickets despite trying to get in on both pre-sales and the general sale. Still, of course, a third of the tickets were purchased and are being scalped at ridiculous prices by those with no intention of actually attending the show.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2010, 03:28:35 pm »
There's nearly 763 seats of a 2700-seat capacity venue accounted for right now, which is nearly a third of total possible seats available.

"Thanks for the due diligence digging up all of these numbers. Scalpers are definitely a blight on the concert industry and needs to be squashed. A lot of it is aided by ticketing companies, promoters and tour acts (not that I would suspect Wilco would be one of them). The 700+ is quite a bit high though because many of the listings on TicketsNow, StubHub and CenterStage are identical, so they're scalpers trying to move one set of tickets on multiple sites for a quick sale."
<sig>