Author Topic: Wilco presale  (Read 39280 times)

Wilco presale
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:16:12 am »
Anyone have any luck with this thing? I'm trying to get three seats, but can't even pull up anything. Am I doing something wrong or is it already sold out? I guess there's always the regular sale.

nkotb

Re: Wilco presale
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:18:14 am »
Shit...forgot all about this :(

Anyone have any luck with this thing? I'm trying to get three seats, but can't even pull up anything. Am I doing something wrong or is it already sold out? I guess there's always the regular sale.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:21:04 am »
I forgot about it too :(  Looks like only lawn left...
(_|_)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 10:29:14 am »
i got 2 lawn, but i dont want pavilion
o/\o

fatskippy

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 10:29:39 am »
lawn was the only thing available, i was in immediately

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 10:36:49 am »
So what was the purpose of having a presale, if all that is available is lawn?

Does the band get some kind of extra revenue when you buy your ticket through a fan presale as opposed to a venue sale?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 10:43:36 am »
to be honest, i dont see the point in a presale at all
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 10:44:35 am »
prob has something to do with wolftrap...its not a regular venue...they have subscribers and all

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 10:47:21 am »
for the sport of it, i signed in and got Orch row T, on the side so i can confirm that more than lawn was available.  i threw them back.  second pull = lawn only, so one had to be FAST.  i did it to keep my ticket scoring skillz fresh.

presales sometimes have the best tickets and sometimes they have the worse.  people who are chomping at the bit to get presale tickets are obviously very eager to buy and thus might settle for crap seats.  a band might use this approach if they don't think they'll sell out a venue.  wilco obviously don't have this problem.  maybe they see being able to secure a lawn ticket as something of a benefit for their fans?

a trick with frontgate: be sure to be signed in before the presale starts.  otherwise they make you sign in after it starts but before you can pull tickets, thus wasting valuable seconds.

to be honest, i dont see the point in a presale at all

i've gotten AMAZING seats over the years through presales.  love 'em, but gotta know how to work 'em.
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 10:48:21 am »
prob has something to do with wolftrap...its not a regular venue...they have subscribers and all
yeah, that's what a friend mentioned when I tried to get tickets to pavillion/seats last year...People there have memberships for all the shows, etc. I bet business buy 'em up too. I don't know, that and other reasons why I can't seem to get tickets at this No. VA venue so I don't really bother anymore.
(bugs like me on the lawn;P)

sweetcell - at Wolftrap, often individual seats on the edge of row are available when the pavillion almost sold, but it's hard to find two seats together mid-orch and up. (btw, your seat was probably not completely out of queue when you rec'd lawn on your second attempt.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 10:52:45 am by Sugartastic Tee »

slappy

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 10:59:06 am »
I'd suggest keep trying, at 10:30 I got a pair of row S tix.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 11:04:01 am »
sweetcell - at Wolftrap, often individual seats on the edge of row are available when the pavillion almost sold, but it's hard to find two seats together mid-orch and up. (btw, your seat was probably not completely out of queue when you rec'd lawn on your second attempt.)

nope, i pulled a pair for row T (not a single).  they weren't far on the edge, i think they were like seats 18 & 19.

:)
<sig>

yohansen5b

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 11:20:20 am »
ah, crap, i forgot about this, too.  they go on sale to the general public on saturday, i believe. right?

also, any clue as to who is opening?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 12:47:55 pm »
i got my lawn tickets, which i much prefer with wolf trap... bring a cooler and friends, great summer evening
(o|o)

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 03:26:25 pm »
But if you have seats, you can also sit on the lawn, right?

The price difference is only $6, worth that much for the rain insurance.

i got my lawn tickets, which i much prefer with wolf trap... bring a cooler and friends, great summer evening