Author Topic: NYC Shows/Just Announced Thread  (Read 406787 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: NYC Shows/Just Announced Thread
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2009, 04:10:34 pm »
Sounds like a great venue.  I'm bummed they haven't sold out such a small club, but what can you do?

I've been checking any details on an opener yet, but nothing is confirmed yet.  I'd be very OK with no opener, and a marathon SFA set.

oh yeah and the restrooms there are really really nice. or at least the ladies rooms are - with attendant and all. but yeah its a good venue. if i hear anything about an opener will pass on the news. and maybe ill meet you at the show :) i recall their beers being a bit more pricey than most of the LES venues, but its meat-packing district. and their sound is usually really great, although i did see dean & britta have the worst sound problems ever (granted they were an opener, so hoping thats not the case - and the main band sounded great).
HeyLa

Cali

« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2009, 09:28:12 pm »
any shows worth seeing on wednesday night 8-26?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2009, 11:59:23 am »

NIN is playing its last NYC show on wednesday at T5, but getting a ticket is kinda tough.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2009, 12:02:31 pm »
also a fan club presale here: http://royksopptickets.sandbag.uk.com/Store/DisplayItems.html

had to use IE, the button weren't working in firefox for me.  1 ticket = $44.50 with shipping (from UK), so probably not much cheaper than through TM.

eff that - $37.75 for one ticket via TM.  now to decide if i wanna be pathetic and trek up to NYC for this... or just be pathetic and stay home.  decisions, decisions.
<sig>

Cali

« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2009, 03:13:00 pm »

NIN is playing its last NYC show on wednesday at T5, but getting a ticket is kinda tough.
i'll be seeing them on tuesday  ;D  didnt have any luck getting tickets for the other shows

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2009, 04:39:39 pm »

i'll be seeing them on tuesday  ;D  didnt have any luck getting tickets for the other shows
if all goes well Ill be seeing them tonight at Bowery Ballroom. 5pm cant come soon enough (when I will know for sure). *crossing fingers*. and wont be seeing them. ah well. totally oversold.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:44:35 pm by xneverwherex »
HeyLa

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2009, 04:41:49 pm »
also a fan club presale here: http://royksopptickets.sandbag.uk.com/Store/DisplayItems.html

had to use IE, the button weren't working in firefox for me.  1 ticket = $44.50 with shipping (from UK), so probably not much cheaper than through TM.

eff that - $37.75 for one ticket via TM.  now to decide if i wanna be pathetic and trek up to NYC for this... or just be pathetic and stay home.  decisions, decisions.

I bought them through a presale (not sure if it was the same one - it was from astralwerks - but was def through sandbag.uk) and my ticket wasnt anywhere near $44. Prob the same amount that ticketmaster had it.
HeyLa

wml7

« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2009, 05:01:46 pm »
any of you guys going to the nin show tonight?  They had people already lined up for it since yesterday morning, crazy  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2009, 11:12:34 am »

cool, i'll be at both shows.  i'll be joining different bboardees each night, PM me for details.

any of you guys going to the nin show tonight?  They had people already lined up for it since yesterday morning, crazy  ;D

according to his status updates, ixkpd-bk got there 30 hours early and was still 15th in line.  slept on the sidewalk through a thunderstorm.  got a ticket, for face.  apparently it was sorts of amazing, " One of the best shows I've been to in my life" type of stuff.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2009, 11:15:36 am »
I knew he'd get in.

Hahahahahaha.
احمد

wml7

« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2009, 11:27:53 am »
so is this the famous ixkpd-bk

http://www.last.fm/user/ixkpd-bk

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2009, 11:50:21 pm »
O. M. F. G...  setlist from tonight's NIN show at webster hall:

1. "Mr. Self Destruct"
2. "Piggy"
3. "Heresy"
4. "March of the Pigs"
5. "Closer"
6. "Ruiner"
7. "The Becoming"
8. "I Do Not Want This"
9. "Big Man with a Gun"
10. "A Warm Place"
11. "Eraser"
12. "Reptile"
13. "The Downward Spiral"
14. "Hurt"
15. 1,000,000
16. Terrible Lie
17. Metal
18. Lights In the Sky
19. Burn
20. Gave Up
21. Suck
22. Physical
23. The Hand That Feeds
24. Head Like A Hole

yes, they played "the downward spiral" in order and in its entirety.  supposedly the first and only time trent has and ever will ever do this.  i pray this is misinformation, 'cause i'd LOVE for the band to do this again at T5 (although PHM would be an acceptable alternative).

review from joe saying that the show "meh", too crowded, and he would have preferred seeing some experimental band we've never heard of at the RnR hotel in 3... 2...  ;)
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2009, 12:05:07 am »
review from joe saying that the show "meh", too crowded, and he would have preferred seeing some experimental band  whose existence Azaghal just alerted him to three days ago at the RnR hotel in 3... 2...

There, fixed that for you. :)

You could've also taken this approach:

review from joe saying that the show "meh", too crowded, and he would have preferred seeing some flavor-of-the-month band whose record label just wrote a fat check to Pitchforkmedia, Inc. for a glowing review and a "best new music" rating  at the RnR hotel in 3... 2...

P.S. That looks absurd. Too bad it was wasted on Joe.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:19:41 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2009, 12:23:31 am »
LOL.  lots of joe-hating tonight.

fingers crossed for something equally epic later this week.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2009, 08:58:46 am »
I'll be giving flacs of the Bowery show a spin in less than five minutes. Talk about instant gratification. Webster will probably surface today.
احمد