Author Topic: NYC Shows/Just Announced Thread  (Read 410084 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Re: NYC Shows/Just Announced Thread
« Reply #540 on: February 14, 2011, 01:24:08 pm »
No DC?  :(

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #541 on: February 14, 2011, 02:07:31 pm »
the schedule posted by TheREALhunter, if correct, means that there will be no room to add a DC date.

hi ho, hi ho, it's off to philly we go...
<sig>

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #542 on: February 14, 2011, 02:11:17 pm »
That's the schedule they posted on facebook, so it's legit. Pretty disappointed at the lack of a DC/VA show. Figured the Club was almost certain, and the National an outside chance.

They're at the top of my list of bands I've yet to see, so Philly or NYC could be doable.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #543 on: February 14, 2011, 02:17:23 pm »
the schedule posted by TheREALhunter, if correct, means that there will be no room to add a DC date.

OK, so who's up for a commando run to Philly?  Up and back the same day/night.  I'll drive.  Electric Factory is a pretty decent venue.

wml7

« Reply #544 on: February 14, 2011, 02:32:01 pm »

OK, so who's up for a commando run to Philly?  Up and back the same day/night.  I'll drive.  Electric Factory is a pretty decent venue.

Ok, you're buying? great, I'm in  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #545 on: February 14, 2011, 03:04:28 pm »

yup, i'd be in but it'll depend where work has me at that time.  there is a small chance i might be working in philly right around then.  if so, i'd have a hotel room where some folks could crash if they wanted to (cue the predictable follow-ups...).  if i'm in DC, happy to pay for gas, your dinner, etc.

i'm not a huge fan of the electric factory.  too big, too cavernous.  quite a hike to get from the bar to a decent spot.  sounds has always been good, tho.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #546 on: February 14, 2011, 03:38:43 pm »
3/24 conflicts with APTBS  ;D
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #547 on: February 14, 2011, 04:16:37 pm »
QOTSA are performing their self-titled album on these dates. PASS.
(_|_)

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #548 on: February 14, 2011, 04:22:40 pm »
S/T's great. Probably my 3rd or 4th favorite of theirs, but it definitely wouldn't keep me from seeing them.

Besides, they said it'll be self titled & b-sides, plus some other hits.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #549 on: February 14, 2011, 05:35:00 pm »
Of all the records for QOTSA to feature on a tour, why this one?  I don't get it.  Isn't Rated R about to be reissued, or was recently reissued?  That would be a much better choice.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #550 on: February 14, 2011, 06:26:02 pm »
Rated R reissue already came out. S/T reissue comes out next month. Or this month. Sometime soon.

And Rated R would be a bit hard to pull off with just Josh. I love Josh's singing, but I certainly don't want anyone but Lanegan touching In The Fade.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #551 on: February 14, 2011, 09:30:44 pm »
Rated R reissue already came out. S/T reissue comes out next month. Or this month. Sometime soon.

And Rated R would be a bit hard to pull off with just Josh. I love Josh's singing, but I certainly don't want anyone but Lanegan touching In The Fade.

That's a good point about how they can't really perform records with Nick on them anymore.

Josh sang In the Fade when they were last in Baltimore and it was fine.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #552 on: February 14, 2011, 10:16:22 pm »
Damn. I really regret not going to that Baltimore show.

My current debate is buying a ticket for NYC this week or waiting 'till Monday when they're apparently announcing more dates, including the US in June, and hope for a DC/VA show. Surely they can't skip the area on both legs, right?

azaghal1981

« Reply #553 on: February 15, 2011, 01:22:27 pm »
Lightning Bolt 4/28 LPR
احمد

wml7

« Reply #554 on: February 15, 2011, 08:02:30 pm »
The Strokes 4/1 MSG
 ;D