Author Topic: For All You Caps Fans  (Read 106074 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: For All You Caps Fans
« Reply #360 on: May 15, 2012, 02:44:15 pm »
Trap is boring as shit, but Caps 2-2-1 Trap > Standard 1-3-1 Trap employed by the Lightning last year that did us in. THAT's bullshit hockey to me. Caps just showed that they can be undiscplined as we've come to see and game 7 was a fucking disaster, even if they had won they didnt' deserve to win. They got outplayed right from the get go, the passing was shitty, the shots were shitty. It was an awful way to end a turmultuous season, or maybe it was fitting... Either way, totally sucked, so sad. 2nd time they've lost on my birthday :(
‼‼?‼‼

slappy

« Reply #361 on: May 15, 2012, 05:10:24 pm »
The defensive strategy isn't a trap. It goes back to the 70's with the Leafs.
Excellent article on the 'Neilson defense' that has fans falling asleep.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/scotty-bowman-traces-current-style-of-playoff-hockey-back-to-roger-neilson/article2433273/

atomicfront

« Reply #362 on: May 16, 2012, 10:52:58 am »
I think the most obvious first thing the NHL could do to improve the game would be to give a 2 minute penalty for a defenseman or forward who falls to the ice to block a shot.  No reason that should be legal. 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #363 on: May 16, 2012, 11:30:44 am »
I think the most obvious first thing the NHL could do to improve the game would be to give a 2 minute penalty for a defenseman or forward who falls to the ice to block a shot.  No reason that should be legal. 
Good god, this is the most moronic thing I've ever heard.  Even more so than your comments the other day.

slappy

« Reply #364 on: May 16, 2012, 11:45:14 am »
Good god, this is the most moronic thing I've ever heard.  Even more so than your comments the other day.

Yeah, the refs don't need more reasons to influence the outcome of the game.
There's already a lot of lame ways to get a penalty.
Like players getting a dive call while the opposing player gets tripping.

Joking or not. Broudeur had an interesting idea to counteract it. ?We might be able to hurt a few guys [by] hitting one-timers in the foot and their head or something.?
While aiming for the head is beyond not wise, an increase in injuries from taking pucks to appendages would decrease the practice.

Plus players are getting better at going around the bodies to get off a pass or shot.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #365 on: May 16, 2012, 12:22:39 pm »
lol
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #366 on: May 17, 2012, 12:50:39 pm »

How is that moronic?  It should be delay of game penalty.  It serves no purpose to the game.  And players get injured doing it.  You are obviouly for not improving the game.  Hockey is way more boring than baseball now. 

Only other solution I see is 4 on 4 all the time. 

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:52:38 pm by atomicfront »

atomicfront

« Reply #367 on: May 17, 2012, 12:56:22 pm »

Yeah, the refs don't need more reasons to influence the outcome of the game.
There's already a lot of lame ways to get a penalty.
Like players getting a dive call while the opposing player gets tripping.

Joking or not. Broudeur had an interesting idea to counteract it. ?We might be able to hurt a few guys [by] hitting one-timers in the foot and their head or something.?
While aiming for the head is beyond not wise, an increase in injuries from taking pucks to appendages would decrease the practice.

Plus players are getting better at going around the bodies to get off a pass or shot.

The refs woudn't influence the game more.   If you got a 2 minute delay of game penalty for falling to the ice to block a shot players would'nt do it anymore.  There is a penalty of shooting a puck out of play from the defensive zone that occurs a lot more than this penalty would be called. 

chaz

« Reply #368 on: May 18, 2012, 09:52:16 am »

How is that moronic?  It should be delay of game penalty.  It serves no purpose to the game.  And players get injured doing it.  You are obviouly for not improving the game.  Hockey is way more boring than baseball now. 

It is moronic because it is.  Just plain and simple.  It's as moronic as outlawing shot blocking in basketball or pass defense in football. 

I like shot blocking.  It takes guts, I appreciate it.  I like seeing athletes put themselves and their bodies on the line like that. 

I don't have a problem with low scoring hockey.

If it's not enough scoring for you, switch to basketball, or lacrosse.

Or at least stop making asinine suggestions as to how the NHL could make the game more to your liking.

hutch

« Reply #369 on: May 18, 2012, 10:14:42 am »

It is moronic because it is.  Just plain and simple.  It's as moronic as outlawing shot blocking in basketball or pass defense in football. 

I like shot blocking.  It takes guts, I appreciate it.  I like seeing athletes put themselves and their bodies on the line like that. 

Or at least stop making asinine suggestions as to how the NHL could make the game more to your liking.

damn Chaz.. you a bit cranky lately...

slappy

« Reply #370 on: May 18, 2012, 10:58:48 am »

damn Chaz.. you a bit cranky lately...

If that makes him cranky then 99% of NHL fans are crankier than a first day of the Tour De France.

atomicfront

« Reply #371 on: May 18, 2012, 04:00:48 pm »

It is for Hockey Fans in general.  Most fans dont' appreciate slow paced hockey.   The reason the capitals started selling out and having actual fans (as opposed to fans of the opposing team showing up) is because of fast paced exciting hockey.  While it might be nice for some who like boring hockey like you to be able to go to the game and pick up 2nd row seats at the box office right before the game.

And they do have rules in basketball with regards to blocking shots.  Goaltending is not allowed.  The guys can stand up and block shots.  Falling to the ice is for goalies.  If you aren't a goalie you shouldn't be doing it.  My opinion and at least I am not a bitter person like you. 

Hunter wasn't a very good captain.  I dont' know anyone would think he would be a good coach.  You can't get away with the dirty play now that he did in his career so it is not like he could teach the players anything. 

chaz

« Reply #372 on: May 21, 2012, 11:42:18 am »
[  My opinion and at least I am not a bitter person like you. 

Wait wait wait a sec...you're the one complaining, I'm saying get over it...so how does this make me bitter?

But yes, your opinion. 

slappy

« Reply #373 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:48 am »
Hunter wasn't a very good captain.  I dont' know anyone would think he would be a good coach.  You can't get away with the dirty play now that he did in his career so it is not like he could teach the players anything. 

The more you type, the dumber you appear.

Matt Leyden Trophy
OHL Coach of the Year
    2003?04 - Dale Hunter
    2004?05 - Dale Hunter
    2009?10 - Dale Hunter

Brian Kilrea CHL Coach of the Year Award
    2003?04 - Dale Hunter

atomicfront

« Reply #374 on: May 21, 2012, 01:24:08 pm »

The more you type, the dumber you appear.

Matt Leyden Trophy
OHL Coach of the Year
    2003?04 - Dale Hunter
    2004?05 - Dale Hunter
    2009?10 - Dale Hunter

Brian Kilrea CHL Coach of the Year Award
    2003?04 - Dale Hunter

Yeah I am sure all great coaches stay in the OHL for 11 years.