Author Topic: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition  (Read 491628 times)

James Ford

Re: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition
« Reply #525 on: July 01, 2013, 10:58:44 am »
You mean who would want to attend assuming it wasn't in Kentucky and someplce closer to DC?
 ;)

I posted it for people who would want to attend. 

atomicfront

« Reply #526 on: July 01, 2013, 10:58:57 am »
Oh , ok. I get it. You posted it for all the citizens of Kentucky who read this board.

I didnt post it for you James.  and that fest definitely doesnt need country or bluegrass. 

I like how you don't post any of this annoying stuff when you are off.  

atomicfront

« Reply #527 on: July 01, 2013, 11:00:44 am »
You mean who would want to attend assuming it wasn't in Kentucky and someplce closer to DC?
 ;)

People on this board attend festivals in Tennesse and Chicago.. Those are further than Kentucky.  If you don't want to go then don't.  Why post about something you have no desire to see or care about?  It is posted in the non mid-atlantic thread. 

James Ford

« Reply #528 on: July 01, 2013, 11:13:01 am »
I'm assuming you're talking about Bonaroo and Lollapalooza. To compare some random festival in Kentucky that has Blonde Redhead as the headliner to those two festivals is laughable.

I'm sure this little festival is a nice little festival for the few people in Kentucky who aren't into bluegrass or the Lumineers. However, unless someone on this board has roots in Kentucky or lives in Kentucky, I just don't see them travelling all the way to Kentucky for such a minor festival. Even they guy who posted it isn't going.

;)

People on this board attend festivals in Tennesse and Chicago.. Those are further than Kentucky.  If you don't want to go then don't.  Why post about something you have no desire to see or care about?  It is posted in the non mid-atlantic thread. 

killsaly

« Reply #529 on: July 01, 2013, 11:37:01 am »
Not everyone has the same tastes. There are at least twenty acts I would want to see at this fest.

No one compared the fest to lollapalooza, atomic only stated that people from the dc area are willing to drive long distances for fests.

I personally would rather go to this over lollapalooza.

James Ford

« Reply #530 on: July 01, 2013, 11:50:50 am »
Fair enough. I'd probably rather go to a bluegrass festival in Kentucky than Lolla myself.

But you have to admit that for every person who drives from DC to Kentucky for this festival, there's probably 50 that will drive to Chicago for Lolla.

Not everyone has the same tastes. There are at least twenty acts I would want to see at this fest.

No one compared the fest to lollapalooza, atomic only stated that people from the dc area are willing to drive long distances for fests.

atomicfront

« Reply #531 on: July 01, 2013, 12:44:04 pm »
Fair enough. I'd probably rather go to a bluegrass festival in Kentucky than Lolla myself.

But you have to admit that for every person who drives from DC to Kentucky for this festival, there's probably 50 that will drive to Chicago for Lolla.

So who cares?  You think the post was a waste of time than stop reading when it says Kentucky.  Now we have 10 argument posts in this thread..  There is a fest in Kentucky that a lot of people attend.

hutch

« Reply #532 on: July 01, 2013, 01:05:57 pm »

So who cares?  You think the post was a waste of time than stop reading when it says Kentucky.  Now we have 10 argument posts in this thread..  There is a fest in Kentucky that a lot of people attend.

gotta admit

Atomicfront 1 James Ford 0

azaghal1981

« Reply #533 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:21 pm »
You will not miss Pelt.
You better not.

A few bands I want to try to see (with a couple conflicts).  Im down for whatever though.  Also Az delete some messages from your inbox!!!!!:

Thursday
10 - Phamakon
1130 - Merzbow
1230 - Wolf Eyes

Friday
550 - Gross Ghost
7 - Future Islands
9 - Wool
1030 - Swearin
11 - Speedy Ortiz
12 - Waxahatchee
1230 - Magik Markers or Mikal Cronin

Saturday
545 - the Lollipops
650 - Breeders
840 - Spiritualized
10 - Scout Niblett
1030 - Horse Lords
11 - The Beets or Low
1230 - Matmos

احمد

killsaly

« Reply #534 on: July 01, 2013, 08:55:51 pm »
Ok, I'm down for whatever.

azaghal1981

« Reply #535 on: July 01, 2013, 09:02:07 pm »
The more I think about this Hopscotch fiasco, the more I realize it will be best to pick 2-3 essentials each night and work around them w/ whatever else I see being gravy.

My admittedly drone/noise heavy essentials
Thursday: Nathan Bowles, Merzbow, Wold
Friday: Speedy Ortiz, Charlemagne Palestine
Saturday (most painful of the three nights): Pelt, Charalambides

Pretty sure picking those seven gives me plenty of time to catch bits and pieces of other stuff.
P.S. Totally not trying to dictate what anyone else I am going with is gonna see. Except for Pelt. ;)
P.P.S. But seriously, Pelt is a religious experience.
P.P.P.S. At the risk of sounding like Joe, rarity of seeing some of these bands played a role in my choices.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:43:57 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #536 on: July 01, 2013, 09:12:56 pm »
Choosing to go to a big Walmart-tastic festival like Bonarroo or Lollapalooza over a festival like the one in question is much more laughable IMO but that is just me.

I'm assuming you're talking about Bonaroo and Lollapalooza. To compare some random festival in Kentucky that has Blonde Redhead as the headliner to those two festivals is laughable.

I'm sure this little festival is a nice little festival for the few people in Kentucky who aren't into bluegrass or the Lumineers. However, unless someone on this board has roots in Kentucky or lives in Kentucky, I just don't see them travelling all the way to Kentucky for such a minor festival. Even they guy who posted it isn't going.

;)

احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #537 on: July 01, 2013, 09:17:45 pm »
And you have to admit that for every person that buys a Justin Townes Earl ticket, there are 50 that will pay to see One Direction. It does not make them right.

احمد

James Ford

« Reply #538 on: July 01, 2013, 09:20:50 pm »
I'm not in disagreement with you, I prefer smaller scale stuff myself. I just don't think anybody on this board will go to that little festival in Kentucky.  I'd be happy if I were proved wrong.

And you have to admit that for every person that buys a Justin Townes Earl ticket, there are 50 that will pay to see One Direction. It does not make them right.

azaghal1981

« Reply #539 on: July 02, 2013, 12:23:54 am »
OK here's what I got

Thursday
8:30 Nathan Bowles
9:30 Angel Olsen for 15 minutes
10:00 Pharmakon
10:30 Mike Shiflet for 15
11:00 Expo '70 for 15
11:30 Merzbow
xx:xx what's left of Wold
12:30 Wolf Eyes or Oblivians if I see Wolf Eyes in Baltimore

Friday
7:00 Future Islands
9:00 Either Villages or Ilyas Ahmed
10:00 either Dan Friel or High Aura'd or Alexander Turnquist for 15
10:30 Swearin'
11:00 Speedy ortiz if the Metro Gallery Show does not take place. Rest of Swearin' set if it does
11:30 rest of Daniel Bachman if I'm not seeing Speedy Ortiz
12:00 Charlemagne Palestine
xx:xx rest of Magik Markers or Mikal Cronin or Pere Ubu

Saturday
8:40 Spiritualized
10:00 Pelt
xx:xx what's left of Richard Youngs if anything
11:00 David Grubbs
12:00 Amor De Dias for 15
12:30 Charalambides

Phew
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:42:18 am by azaghal1981 »