Author Topic: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition  (Read 488026 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition
« Reply #540 on: July 02, 2013, 12:29:57 am »
I guess Merzbow plays for a while. Sorry Wold. Didn't know they conflicted earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwWZaOsD6Y4
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #541 on: July 02, 2013, 10:12:16 am »
Sounds good!

atomicfront

« Reply #542 on: July 02, 2013, 12:19:22 pm »
And you have to admit that for every person that buys a Justin Townes Earl ticket, there are 50 that will pay to see One Direction. It does not make them right.
Fair enough. I'd probably rather go to a bluegrass festival in Kentucky than Lolla myself.

But you have to admit that for every person who drives from DC to Kentucky for this festival, there's probably 50 that will drive to Chicago for Lolla.

Not everyone has the same tastes. There are at least twenty acts I would want to see at this fest.

No one compared the fest to lollapalooza, atomic only stated that people from the dc area are willing to drive long distances for fests.

I personally would rather go to this over lollapalooza.

Still arguing for arguments sake.  Saw Justin Townes Earle at Newport Folk Festival one year and I didn't care for him.  Don't know One Direction. 

Lollapalooza is a well run festival.  I have gone to the Chicago one four times.  Saw a lot of great bands.  Including Blonde Redhead.

azaghal1981

« Reply #543 on: July 02, 2013, 01:01:36 pm »
I just used him as an example because Rhett is a big fan. One Direction are a boyband.
احمد

wml7

« Reply #544 on: July 10, 2013, 12:12:09 pm »
Not sure if any of you nuts are going to Lolla this year.  The Thursday after show at the Metro was just announced and it's QOTSA.  Tickets on sale Friday.  Either I get them or Cubs game it will be
 ;D

hutch

« Reply #545 on: July 10, 2013, 12:17:50 pm »
Not sure if any of you nuts are going to Lolla this year.  The Thursday after show at the Metro was just announced and it's QOTSA.  Tickets on sale Friday.  Either I get them or Cubs game it will be
 ;D

gee you're really roughin' it pal!  :D

wml7

« Reply #546 on: July 10, 2013, 12:22:28 pm »
 ;D

Haha, well I've been to shows at the Metro the past few years, but never caught a game at Wrigley.  With getting tickets to shows almost impossible at times now, a cubs game that night wouldn't be too shabby.

atomicfront

« Reply #547 on: July 10, 2013, 01:45:04 pm »
 ;D

Haha, well I've been to shows at the Metro the past few years, but never caught a game at Wrigley.  With getting tickets to shows almost impossible at times now, a cubs game that night wouldn't be too shabby.

I went to a cubs game when I went to Lolla one year. If you have never been to a cubs game I would definitely pick that over a show at the Metro. 

James Ford

« Reply #548 on: July 10, 2013, 01:49:24 pm »
A great way to make a killing is to buy Cubs tickets when they go on sale and then resell them on Stubhub. You don't even have to go to Chicago.

It's amazing how many douchebags want to go to Wrigley.

atomicfront

« Reply #549 on: July 10, 2013, 01:59:35 pm »
A great way to make a killing is to buy Cubs tickets when they go on sale and then resell them on Stubhub. You don't even have to go to Chicago.

It's amazing how many douchebags want to go to Wrigley.

I just bought tickets at the box office the day the day of the game. Scalping tickets?  Geez yeah who would want to go to a historic stadium to see a baseball game? 

Stillwater

« Reply #550 on: July 24, 2013, 02:22:48 pm »
Voodoo announced the rest of their lineup.  Fucking Meh. 

https://www.facebook.com/voodooexperience

wml7

« Reply #551 on: July 24, 2013, 02:34:09 pm »
Yeah looks meh this year, I'll still go anyway, always a fun time.

bearman🐻

« Reply #552 on: July 24, 2013, 02:34:29 pm »
WHOAH!!! Billy Squier!!

Stillwater

« Reply #553 on: July 24, 2013, 02:43:49 pm »
Yeah, I am also going.  The VIP at Voodoo is the best of any music festival.  Makes the whole trip worth it.

wml7

« Reply #554 on: July 24, 2013, 02:47:10 pm »
Yeah, I am also going.  The VIP at Voodoo is the best of any music festival.  Makes the whole trip worth it.

So vip is worth it?  I've heard mixed things on them.  Have you done them in previous years?  Give me the scoop.  I've gone the last few years and find it easy to go around the park, this year they moved in another area of the park.