Author Topic: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition  (Read 488236 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition
« Reply #675 on: August 23, 2014, 04:54:39 pm »
very indie lineup this year I must say.  ::)
(_|_)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #676 on: August 23, 2014, 04:55:19 pm »
too bad there will be half a million people attending  :(

Smackie gets the VIP treatment in GG Park.....
just out of curiosity, how does VIP treatment at a public park work? As someone whose multi-generationally wealthy family owns nature preserves, I've never actually visited a public park.
LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #677 on: August 25, 2014, 10:11:19 am »
 Early Warning: Boston Hassle Fest 6
11/7-8

Boston Hassle  is throwing its biggest fest yet,  BOSTON HASSLE FEST 6, once more upping the ante on what an interesting, fun, AND challenging music festival can be.
After the recent success of our first  NEW ENGLAND ZINE FEST  and the imminent wonder and excitement of our second  NEW ENGLAND UNDERGROUND MUSIC FEST 2014 (NEU MF 14?),
we could not be more excited let loose HASSLE FEST once more upon the inhabitants of the Boston area. 

See below for currently confirmed acts.

Headliners for the festival include: 
- BODY/HEAD (Kim Gordon/ Bill Nace duo) 
- CHRIS CORSANO/ BILL ORCUTT duo
- NO JOY
- JASON LESCALLEET/ AARON DILLOWAY duo
- JANA HUNTER

- NAUTICAL ALMANAC
- BILL ORCUTT (solo)

NY: CE Schneider Topical (Zach Phillips)

NY: Brandon Seabrook 

MD: Horse Lords 

MA: Grizzler 

MA: Bugs And Rats 

MA: Tomboy   

MA: Pile 

MD: Jana Hunter

OH: Hyrrokkin 

NY: Adam Dreebs solo

NY: Nancy  

OH: Prostitutes 

ME/OH: Jason Lescalleet/ Aaron Dilloway duo 

MA: Debo Band

RI: Downtown Boys 

NY: Colin L Orchestra  

NY: Palberta

VA: Mutwawa

CHI: Quicksails (Ben Billington)

MA: Old Wave

MA: Body/Head

MTL: No Joy

NY: Ligature (Christopher Hansell)

CA/ MA: Chris Corsano/ Bill Orcutt duo

MA: KTB 

CA: Bill Orcutt (solo) 

MD: Nautical Almanac  

MTL: Le Trash Can

MA: Tredicci Bacci

MA: Rosie and the Roses 

NY/MA: Pigeons 

MA: IAN 

MA: Krill 

MA: Free Pizza 

MA: Ben Hersey

+ MORE TBA

احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #678 on: October 16, 2014, 10:43:46 am »
Wilco announced a six-night residency in Chicago in honor of its 20th anniversary. 

The hometown shows take place at the Riviera Theatre Dec. 5-6, 8-9 and 11-12. The setlist will change each night and the band promises to play ?songs from every era.?

Tickets go on sale Friday, Oct. 17 at 10 a.m. CDT.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #679 on: October 16, 2014, 05:11:05 pm »
Wilco announced a six-night residency in Chicago in honor of its 20th anniversary. 

The hometown shows take place at the Riviera Theatre Dec. 5-6, 8-9 and 11-12. The setlist will change each night and the band promises to play ?songs from every era.?

awesome! if only they could play all the pre-YHF songs in the same show..maybe they should be like kraftwerk and play their albums in their entirety.... although of course nobody would want to be there for their last four albums...

RIP jay bennett...

James Ford

« Reply #680 on: October 16, 2014, 07:27:52 pm »
Are you including Mermaid Ave Vol 3 as "one of the last four"?

If you're not, I'll gladly take a show with AGIB, SBS, WTA, and TWL comprising the whole setlist. For me, three of those four were fantastic, adn only one was "meh" (WTA).

awesome! if only they could play all the pre-YHF songs in the same show..maybe they should be like kraftwerk and play their albums in their entirety.... although of course nobody would want to be there for their last four albums...

RIP jay bennett...

hutch

« Reply #681 on: October 16, 2014, 07:49:26 pm »
Are you including Mermaid Ave Vol 3 as "one of the last four"?

If you're not, I'll gladly take a show with AGIB, SBS, WTA, and TWL comprising the whole setlist. For me, three of those four were fantastic, adn only one was "meh" (WTA).

RIP jay bennett...

No way... Mermaid Avenue 3, which I have yet to hear, I retroactively include with the golden years as Jay Bennett was a huge part of it (not Jeff Tweedy...BENNETT)

I hardly think James Ford you are the typical Wilco fan.. or even the typical person... but I'm glad they'll have somebody at those hypothetical shows...

hutch

« Reply #682 on: October 16, 2014, 07:58:44 pm »
Its too bad that Tweedy is such a prick he had a falling out with the Woody Guthrie estate.... the man really can't get along with anyone... he's the Atomicfront of modern rock....

anyways, I'm always glad I was at one of the few shows were Wilco played a bunch of songs from Mermaid Avenue 2..(Recher)....even if I was trippin' so hard on E I was just a pole

;D

Yada

« Reply #683 on: October 16, 2014, 07:59:43 pm »

RIP jay bennett...

They've actually already done that before where they played their entire discography in order.

hutch

« Reply #684 on: October 16, 2014, 08:00:44 pm »

RIP jay bennett...

They've actually already done that before where they played their entire discography in order.

well they better do it again!

Surprise at the Club! Wilco plays Summerteeth with Jay Bennett's coffin on the stage!

sign me up! I'm there!

hutch

« Reply #685 on: October 16, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »
one of my top 10 shows was Old 97s / Wilco at the club.... boy was that fun...before the 930 installed the fencing in front of the stage to keep the pesky fans far away... we all had our beers on the stage...stood 4 feet from Bennett.... both bands tore it up...

Got Haggis?

« Reply #686 on: December 03, 2014, 02:01:04 pm »

austin psych fest lineup looks pretty tite

The Flaming Lips, Tame Impala, The Jesus and Mary Chain (performing Psychocandy), Spiritualized, Primal Scream, The Black Angels, Thee Oh Sees, Mac DeMarco, Melody's Echo Chamber, Lightning Bolt, The Sword, Earth, A Place to Bury Strangers, Fuzz, The Soft Moon, Metz, White Fence, Fat White Family, Nothing, many more

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #687 on: December 03, 2014, 02:23:40 pm »

austin psych fest lineup looks pretty tite

The Flaming Lips, Tame Impala, The Jesus and Mary Chain (performing Psychocandy), Spiritualized, Primal Scream, The Black Angels, Thee Oh Sees, Mac DeMarco, Melody's Echo Chamber, Lightning Bolt, The Sword, Earth, A Place to Bury Strangers, Fuzz, The Soft Moon, Metz, White Fence, Fat White Family, Nothing, many more
That's... awesome.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #688 on: January 07, 2015, 08:19:45 pm »
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #689 on: January 13, 2015, 01:56:22 pm »
Sometimes things go here.