Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3206500 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #11115 on: August 16, 2022, 08:40:19 am »
No Civil War gear.
thanks for adding that as it was surely going to come up soon
did you do an undergarment check, as I'm sure he had some bloomers on
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11116 on: August 19, 2022, 04:58:11 pm »
Brewery Stars (https://brewerystars.com/) = the metacritic/rotten tomatoes of the beer world.
<sig>

« Reply #11117 on: August 19, 2022, 05:17:58 pm »
Nice and yes ((a certain lack of variety at the top of the list...)
if you only had one The Veil, two of these would have been in the top ten
12   Red Dragon Brewery   
13   Benchtop Brewing   
15   Commonwealth Brewing Co
18   Wheatland Spring Farm + Brewery

wow that nova..this has got to hurt for my neighbors (I mean the truth hurts)

#72 New District Brewing Company
pretty much dead last because 73/74 are BJ's brewhouse (chain restaurant/brew pub)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 11:38:47 am by french fries hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #11118 on: August 19, 2022, 07:43:39 pm »
Five best VA breweries, in no order:

Veil
Answer
Triple Crossing
Juicy
Wheatland Spring

#6 Pen Druid
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 07:45:20 pm by Space Freely »

GAY,GUY

« Reply #11119 on: August 19, 2022, 08:14:30 pm »
6, has always been, my favorite number.

Space Freely

« Reply #11120 on: August 25, 2022, 11:23:16 am »

Space Freely

« Reply #11121 on: August 25, 2022, 11:25:07 am »
Monkish Brewing Co.
 Four beers tapping throughout the week
 at Dominion in falls church

-‘Conscience Be Free’ DIPA (8.5% ABV)
-‘If It Fits’ IPA (6.9% ABV) “Double Dry Hopped (DDH) IPA with Nelson Sauvin and Enigma hops.”
-‘Realer Than Real’ TIPA (10.0% ABV) “Robust Triple IPA with Galaxy and Amarillo (Triple IPA version of Really Real & The Realness).”
-‘West Coast Classic’ West Coast IPA (7.0% ABV)

2.5 weeks after tapping six Monkish beers at Shelter, four of them are still on tap.

Same beers kicked just hours after being tapped at Dominion.

I think people in the burbs like craft beer more than people in DC.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11122 on: August 25, 2022, 12:26:55 pm »
Monkish Brewing Co.

-‘If It Fits’ IPA (6.9% ABV) “Double Dry Hopped (DDH) IPA with Nelson Sauvin and Enigma hops.”
-‘Realer Than Real’ TIPA (10.0% ABV) “Robust Triple IPA with Galaxy and Amarillo (Triple IPA version of Really Real & The Realness).”

2.5 weeks after tapping six Monkish beers at Shelter, four of them are still on tap.

alternate take: people downtown are too busy with their downtown lives to be chasing kegs.  folks in the burbs are accustomed to driving everywhere for anything interesting, and generally lack stimulation so they get excited about... beer.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #11123 on: August 25, 2022, 12:41:49 pm »
Monkish Brewing Co.

alternate take: people downtown are too busy with their downtown lives to be chasing kegs.  folks in the burbs are accustomed to driving everywhere for anything interesting, and generally lack stimulation so they get excited about... beer.

alternate take: no one cares about chasing below average haze that was worthwhile in 2019.

alternate take x 2: people are focusing on their waist sizes.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 12:51:01 pm by Yada »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11124 on: August 25, 2022, 01:00:52 pm »
Also, DC got more kegs than VA?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11125 on: August 25, 2022, 02:08:10 pm »
Monkish Brewing Co.

alternate take: no one cares about chasing below average haze that was worthwhile in 2019.

you didn't address the urban vs. suburban divide.  are you saying folks downtown are more focused on their physical appearance?  and folks in the burbs are still stuck chasing 3-year-old trends?
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #11126 on: August 25, 2022, 02:35:13 pm »
Monkish Brewing Co.

you didn't address the urban vs. suburban divide.  are you saying folks downtown are more focused on their physical appearance?  and folks in the burbs are still stuck chasing 3-year-old trends?

My guess is Shelter has 50+ beers on tap with 40 of them being better than Monkish.

Dominion (a place i've never been and never will be to) probably has 22 haze lines.

Space Freely

« Reply #11127 on: August 25, 2022, 02:50:31 pm »
Monkish Brewing Co.

My guess is Shelter has 50+ beers on tap with 40 of them being better than Monkish.

Dominion (a place i've never been and never will be to) probably has 22 haze lines.

I would estimate about 10 of the 35 lines at Dominion currently has something hazt.

14 of 50 beers at Shelter fall into their "hop" category, maybe 11 hazies?

I think you overestimate the beer quality at Shelter, or underestimate Monkish.

Another possible explanation was this was the first Monkish appearance in NoVA, whereas it's the second Monkish appearance in DC.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11128 on: September 01, 2022, 01:37:52 pm »
Sapwood Cellars Brewery
Tickets for our Fourth Anniversary Party on October 1st are now available! It'll be a similar event to previous years, broken into three sessions with 10 special beers on tap (like Snip Snap Super Max, bourbon-barrel-aged stout cuvee with coffee and coffee cherries, and a barrel-aged sour with foraged green walnuts). Each ticket Includes a 4 oz pour of each beer, and a commemorative tasting glass that is yours to keep. We'll have food trucks, a Sapwood trivia contest (with vintage bottles as prizes), bottle/can release and more! Tickets: https://sapwoodcellars.com/product/fourth-anniversary-party-tickets/
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11129 on: September 07, 2022, 05:03:26 pm »
relevant to certain folk's interests:

Heineken buys out Led Zeppelin son’s craft brewery
Logan Plant's Beavertown joins long list of British independents snapped up by beer giants
<sig>