Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3206471 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #11100 on: August 02, 2022, 12:48:21 pm »
one thing DC brau has been pretty good at is getting their product out there
It's nearly as common on DC menus as Bud

3-stars not so much
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #11101 on: August 02, 2022, 01:44:36 pm »
co-founder of DC Brau is dropping out of the brewery... and getting into weed?

DC Brau Ownership Splits: Jeff Hancock and Mari Rodela Move On

Wouldn't be surprised if they go the way of 3 Stars in the near future.

Other Half FTW.

Though their taproom seems usually pretty dead.

Space Freely

« Reply #11102 on: August 02, 2022, 03:00:25 pm »
Woah. Check out the drop today at Dominion.

Fidens Brewing Company The Vegan DIPA, Burning Daylight DIPA, and Teacher's Pet Pale Ale (🚨 Available in-store only, first come first serve, one can of each limit per customer. SUPER LIMITED STOCK 🚨)
Fremont Brewing The Rusty Nail 2022 Bourbon BA Imperial Stout, Lush IPA, Head Full of Dynomite Hazy IPA, Legend Cold IPA, Summer Pale Ale, and Golden Pilsner
Crooked Stave Sour Rosé Sour Ale, Petie Sour Raspberry Oak-Aged Wild Ale, Juicy West IPA, New Zealand Style Pilsner, Juicy East IPA, Von Pilsner Keller Pils, Petite Sour Blueberry Oak-Aged Wild Ale, Mama Bear's Sour Cherry Pie Grand Cru, and Pure Spon
Bissell Brothers Nothing Gold DIPA and Precept German-Style Pilsner
Equilibrium Brewery Systems Four DIPA (Fidens, Mortalis Brewing Company, Widowmaker Brewing collab), Sweep The Leg TIPA (Civil Society Brewing collab), Galaxy Flare DIPA, Kinetics DIPA, Hop Wave 2 DIPA, and Photon Citrus Pale Ale
Mason Ale Works The Duke TIPA, B.A. Baracus 2022 Heaven Hill Bourbon/Vanilla Brandy BA Barleywine, and Societal Good West Coast Pale Ale (Laguna Beach Beer Company collab)
Kings County Brewers Collective Krill Bill Vol. 2 DIPA, The Incredible Gulp Sour Ale (J. Wakefield Brewing collab), Summer Camp Zombie Sour Ale, The Fast and The Furriest West Coast-Style IPA (Hackney Brewery collab), Straphanger Rice Lager, Superhero Sidekicks IPA, and Penguins in Paradise IPA
Hudson Valley Brewery Mirrorshield Sour IPA, Bloom Sour DIPA, Feel No Way Pilsner, Diadem Pale Ale, and Eveningland Sour DIPA
Baa Baa Brewhouse Smooth Ninja Vol. 1 Sour Ale, Smooth Ninja Vol. 2 Sour Ale, and Candy Baa: Strawberry, Cherry, Lemon, White Chocolate Sour Ale
American Solera An Offering of Guava Sour Ale and Ambient Kolsch
Tripping Animals Brewing Co. Load of Barnacles TIPA (Calusa Brewing collab), The Great Trip DIPA (Great Notion Brewing collab), Heavy Hammer West Coast-Style DIPA (Humble Sea Brewing Co. collab), Molly Hackwrench DIPA, No Mames Mexican-Style Lager, and Ever Haze IPA
Wild East Brewing Co. Repeater Oak-Aged Sour Ale w/ Blueberries

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11103 on: August 02, 2022, 03:51:19 pm »
Fremont Brewing The Rusty Nail 2022 Bourbon BA Imperial Stout, Lush IPA, Head Full of Dynomite Hazy IPA, Legend Cold IPA, Summer Pale Ale, and Golden Pilsner

interesting, that list is ordered from most to least desirable.  rusty nail is a damn solid BBA imp stout, as long as you're willing to pay $25 a bottle.  Lush was my go-to IPA for a while (Bodhizafa has since taken over).  dynomite is a fine hazy but likely no better than what you can already get locally.  the rest are middle of the pack.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #11104 on: August 02, 2022, 04:26:46 pm »

interesting, that list is ordered from most to least desirable.  rusty nail is a damn solid BBA imp stout, as long as you're willing to pay $25 a bottle.  Lush was my go-to IPA for a while (Bodhizafa has since taken over).  dynomite is a fine hazy but likely no better than what you can already get locally.  the rest are middle of the pack.

Rusty Nail is an old fave.

$33/bottle in VA.

I still have a 2019 bottle of Rusty Nail and a 2019 bottle of B-Bomb in my cellar.

And Churchkey has it on draft once in a while, including right now. Dark Star, too. At $12 for a 13 oz pour, it's a better deal than getting the whole bottle.

Which I won't be doing.

But if it's still on draft next week when I'm in DC, I'll be stopping in at Churchkey.

shemptiness

« Reply #11105 on: August 03, 2022, 01:04:14 pm »

Yada

« Reply #11106 on: August 03, 2022, 02:52:41 pm »
I haven't been to the PAC NW since 2018, but I always loved being able to grab sixers of Lush in any beer store.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11107 on: August 03, 2022, 03:15:49 pm »
I haven't been to the PAC NW since 2018, but I always loved being able to grab sixers of Lush in any beer grocery store.

FTFY ;D 
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #11108 on: August 03, 2022, 03:43:58 pm »
I haven't been to the PAC NW since 2018, but I always loved being able to grab sixers of Lush in any beer grocery store.

FTFY ;D

Can confirm.

Space Freely

« Reply #11109 on: August 05, 2022, 12:29:21 pm »
Speaking of PNW, this is a good one.

Join ChurchKey on Thursday, August 11th, as we welcome our friends from de Garde Brewing. On this night, we will pour 5 bottles from this renowned brewery from Oregon!
Don’t miss your chance to try this special lineup of beers -- including The Sixth Peach, The Kreik, and Hose.
There is no admission fee for this event. All de Garde beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The beer list is subject to change without notice.
THE DE GARDE BEER LIST
- Hose (Dry-Hopped Mixed Fermentation Gose)
- The Examandias (Spent Sherry BA Wild Ale)
- The Kriek (Wild Ale w/ Cherries)
- The Maison (Wild Ale)
- The Sixth Peach (Wild Ale w/ Peaches)

« Reply #11110 on: August 12, 2022, 02:11:16 pm »
Monkish Brewing Co.
 Four beers tapping throughout the week
 at Dominion in falls church

-‘Conscience Be Free’ DIPA (8.5% ABV)
-‘If It Fits’ IPA (6.9% ABV) “Double Dry Hopped (DDH) IPA with Nelson Sauvin and Enigma hops.”
-‘Realer Than Real’ TIPA (10.0% ABV) “Robust Triple IPA with Galaxy and Amarillo (Triple IPA version of Really Real & The Realness).”
-‘West Coast Classic’ West Coast IPA (7.0% ABV)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11111 on: August 12, 2022, 02:16:14 pm »
so weird.  monkish, for years, not only resisted brewing IPAs bur proudly and defiantly said that they never would.  after a few years of this they relented and started brewing 1 or 2, to keep the masses happy (and themselves in the black).  and now, look at that list... you'd think they were just another west coast hop-juicer.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #11112 on: August 12, 2022, 02:29:22 pm »
so weird.  monkish, for years, not only resisted brewing IPAs bur proudly and defiantly said that they never would.  after a few years of this they relented and started brewing 1 or 2, to keep the masses happy (and themselves in the black).  and now, look at that list... you'd think they were just another west coast hop-juicer.

They actually specialize in New England IPA's, they don't do that many West Coast style. Though one that made it here is.

If there's a better brewer of NEIPA west of the Mississippi, I'd be shocked.

Dominion actually got six of their beers not four.

Shelter also got six.

Edit: Also: $7.50 for a four ounce pour of the TIPA and that's the only size available at Dominion. That's some serious price gouging right there.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 02:39:26 pm by Space Freely »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11113 on: August 12, 2022, 06:00:46 pm »

They actually specialize in New England IPA's, they don't do that many West Coast style.

a california-based homebrewing podcast that i used to listen to had a Monkish fetish, so they had the head brewer on regularly.  he said that when they were "forced" to start brewing IPAs, they decided to focus on hazies since it was, at the time, the cutting edge of IPA.  also, they were concerned they couldn't compete with all the excellent WCIPA brewers around them.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #11114 on: August 16, 2022, 08:00:47 am »
Monkish Brewing Co.
 Four beers tapping throughout the week
 at Dominion in falls church

-‘Conscience Be Free’ DIPA (8.5% ABV)
-‘If It Fits’ IPA (6.9% ABV) “Double Dry Hopped (DDH) IPA with Nelson Sauvin and Enigma hops.”
-‘Realer Than Real’ TIPA (10.0% ABV) “Robust Triple IPA with Galaxy and Amarillo (Triple IPA version of Really Real & The Realness).”
-‘West Coast Classic’ West Coast IPA (7.0% ABV)

I didn't go, but those six Monkish kegs all kicked within a few hours of tapping them.

Meanwhile, they put the same six kegs on at Shelter Sunday at noon, and they're all still flowing. I did go to that. It was yum. Mr Greg Engert and famaily were seated at the table next to us. No Civil War gear.